Discussion in 'TNA iMPACT! (2011-2015)' started by Testify, Jan 30, 2014.
According to Dot Net, the stars on the Japanese show will be Magnus, Bobby Roode, Samoa Joe, Gail Kim, Austin Aries, Abyss, Bad Influence, Madison Rayne and the recently signed Wolves, Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards.
Taped in Japan? Pretty stoked about this then.
Wrestle-1 matchmaker Manabu Soya announced that three TNA championships will be defended at the Wrestle-1 event in Tokyo, Japan on March 2. The event will be broadcast as a TNA "One Night Only" pay-per-view later in the year.
The challengers for those title matches will be determined in a series of contender's matches that will take place at the February 15 event at Korakuen Hall. They are as follows:
- There will be a one-night tournament for a shot at the TNA World Title. First round will be KAI vs. Minoru Tanaka and Yasufumi Nakanoue vs. Masakatsu Funaki.
- There will be a battle royal for a shot at the X Division Title. The only announced participant for this match is Seiya Sanada. Sanada was originally scheduled to be in the heavyweight tournament but declined his spot, as he already challenged for the World Title last year and wants to be in the running for the X Division Title instead.
- Kaz Hayashi and Shuji Kondo will face any two members of the heel faction Desperado for a shot at the World Tag Team Titles.
Add the Bromans there, bro. Bros to defend the tag titles.
- As noted, as part of TNA's partnership with Wrestle-1, The Great Muta and Seiya Sanada will be working the Lockdown pay-per-view on March 9th. They will likely be doing a tag team match against "Bad Influence" Kazarian and Daniels. Sanada will stick around for a few months in TNA while it's expected more Wrestle-1 talents will be coming over to work for TNA.
Read more at http/www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...pponents-for-muta-sanada/#odSxGJQVtXi0C41G.99
how old is Muta? holy shit
He's 51, still younger than Sting, and he can go in the ring. I'm down with Muta having a match.
I'm not against it, just surprised since I thought he was only doing the meet and greet.
impact shouldn't even have live events anymore, they should tape their shows where they go around world, that'd be so awesome. They get the idea of Japan at least! Also, MUTA?! Hmm, i'll take it...
Live events... they wouldn't be running them every weekend if they (somehow) weren't making money off of them. It's that simple. Don't know why some people want TNA live events scrapped: wrestlers get their paychecks for living and get prepared for TV better, they stay in shape that way, people get to enjoy wrestling in their hometown, merch gets sold well, more people might get to know the company, some local talent might pop up.... Live events are good for business.
The one live event I've been to was one of the best TNA shows I've ever seen.
I think they should keep doing those seeing as they do make some money for the company which definitely helps keep it run.
The Bro-Mans have been added to One Night Only PPV in Japan. That makes 13 TNA wrestlers scheduled to go overseas for the show.
Challengers determined for Magnus, Bromans and Austin Aries for March 2nd joint TNA/W-1 show:
- Magnus vs. KAI for the World Heavyweight Title
- Bromans vs. Shuji Kondo & Kaz Hayashi for the World Tag Team Titles
- Austin Aries vs. Seiya Sanada for the X Division Title
When Abyss walked off looking for "someone like him" do you think that's how Muta's gonna debut?
Or will it be James Mitchell returning?
I'm hoping it's Mitchell, I'd mark.
I doubt it'll be Muta as he'll be in TNA for only a couple of appearances, IMO.
Stevie has been spewing shits about TNA recently, so I doubt it'll be him, and thank fuck for it.
There's some news of this not happening thanks to the Russo rumors, Muta and his guys want nothing to do with that guy.
Lol 'news', bro. It's internite rumors, the show is still on for March 2nd.