News AEW Fallout: Darby’s motivation, Statlander says no, Omega & Page team

Wrestling News

The People's Champion
Legend
Darby Allin’s Twitter
AEW released a couple of interviews before and during Dynamite (Dec. 11, 2019) as fallout from the show.

Alex Marvez interviewed Kris Statlander last week about Brandi Rhodes’ offer to join the Nightmare Collective. She declined since that is not her mission. Statlander then rattled off alien gibberish. Oh yeah, remember that her character is an actual alien.

SOCIAL EXCLUSIVE
Last week, Alex Marvez caught up with @callmekrisstat post-match to her thoughts on the offer Brandi made.

Watch #AEWDynamite live TONIGHT & every Wednesday night on @TNTDrama 8e/7c #AEWonTNT @AEWonTNT pic.twitter.com/BIJ00kcPq1

— All Elite Wrestling (@AEWrestling) December 12, 2019
Since AEW is going with a serious take on this alien gimmick, I have a thought worth pondering that isn’t out of this realm. What if Brandi is trying to find secrets to alien technology to take over the world? Something tells me AEW should create an alternate universe for comic book tales.

Prior to the show, QT Marshall provided insight into his big performance on Dynamite. This was his opportunity after having 6 screws put in his neck a couple of years ago.

.@realmmarshall1 looks to make the most out of his opportunity TONIGHT on #AEWDynamite when he teams with @CodyRhodes
Watch LIVE at 8/7c on @tntdrama pic.twitter.com/Uia6OAZPdH

I wouldn’t say this promo should have been on Dynamite, but it does explain why QT went all flashy. He probably realized that could be his last big match, which also happened to be in front of a nationally televised audience.

Kenny Omega and Hangman Page had a chat after their tag team victory. Omega was positive about the success, but Page was sheepish that he stole the pin. They decided to stick together as a team to see where it goes.

Post match comments from @KennyOmegamanX and @theAdamPage #AEWDynamite - tune in now to @tntdrama pic.twitter.com/DxYG4sWoEi

I think I read Page all wrong during the match. I thought he was out to prove something. In this promo, he came across as embarrassed with no fire in his voice. There weren’t even any potentially heelish leanings. Could they be building to an all Elite tag title clash? That assumes the Young Bucks defeat SCU on next week’s big Dynamite show.

Darby Allin provided his motivation for lending a hand to Cody Rhodes.

On June 29th 2019 I made my debut for @AEWrestling

Me and Cody had a time limit draw.

I never forgot that.

You need a partner for butcher and blade?

I'll join you and if we win you give me that REMATCH.#AEWDynamite @AEWonTNT pic.twitter.com/ISgKqRKztf

— DARBY ALLIN (@DarbyAllin) December 12, 2019
Allin’s reasoning is straightforward and simple enough. He’s about testing himself. For all my dislike about Cody being ranked even though he won’t challenge for the AEW World Championship again, a loss to Allin would be the perfect use of his status as a springboard to stardom for the skateboarder.

Are you hip to Kris Statlander’s alien language? Do you want to see more of QT Marshall? What’s your take on the Omega/Hangman relationship? Are they building to be a top team or heading for a feud as rivals?

Continue reading...

or Log in using

Latest Discussions