Don’t have time to follow all of AEW’s online content? Don’t worry. We got you covered with the AEW Rewind, which will rewind through social media bits and YouTube videos from the past week to prepare you for Dynamite tonight.
Get pumped for night 2 of Fyter Fest with Road To. It highlighted the awkward relationship between the Young Bucks and FTR as well as the rivalry between Chris Jericho and Orange Cassidy.
I’m glad that OC said he would try. I enjoy Cassidy outside the ring but not so much his shtick inside the ring. This gives me hope the action could be good in addition to containing entertaining comedy.
On Dark last night, Allie and Brandi Rhodes agreed on their desire to remain a team as the Nightmare Sisters. The satisfaction of winning matches turned out to be a bonding element. One problem though. AEW doesn’t have a women’s tag division. That might change, according to Brandi.
I can’t see an official tag division coming anytime soon. AEW doesn’t have the depth for it, even with all their missing parts. They’d have to sign ten more women. If women’s tag does take center stage, what teams would like to see form in the future?
Cody Rhodes continues to take the high road about WWE trademarks. First, it was the Great American Bash. Now, it is the name Cody Rhodes.
Darby Allin mentioned that he’ll have a vignette with Travis Pastrana tonight. In the meantime, here he is flipping into a pool. No medical clearance needed for that.It’s not as sultry/scandalous as reported. It’s just business. They’ve seen the same data we have, and they know they can make big money off the brand(even though it’s not in their house). Trying to license me is flattering, but it doesn’t stop this train from moving. No grudge. https://t.co/7pkPtU1Cry
— Cody (@CodyRhodes) July 4, 2020
Time for another tease from Ryback as he wears an AEW shirt to rile up haters.
Being the Elite
“Have A Good Summer” - Being The Elite, Ep. 211 (here) featured:
- Evil Uno hit himself with a stack of papers on the orders of Mr. Brodie Lee over the phone.
- The Young Bucks and Brandon Culter visited Chili’s for baby back ribs, but the restaurant was closed.
- Matt Jackson was in the ring with tender ribs. Private Party tried to call his bluff that he wasn’t injured. Nick Jackson screamed that Matt is dead ass. Private Party ran away.
- Benigno Bodega was impressed with Dark Order benefits as presented by Alex Reynolds and John Silver. The problem was that they don’t know how to win. They failed in recruiting the fortune teller.
- The Bucks pumped up the ego of Peter Avalon and Brandon Cutler as a tag team. The Bucks proposed a tag team pop quiz of hypothetical scenarios. Avalon and Cutler failed.
- Kenny Omega was playing with a broom. Colt Cabana planned on approaching Omega for BTE ratings, but the Bucks intercepted Colt. They warned him that Omega’s previous threats for violence were serious. Omega will kill Colt if he finds him.
- Hangman Page is a fan of the Christian AF shirt and bit. The Bucks were taken aback by Hangman thinking it was controversial. Hangman asked if they knew what Christian AF meant. The Bucks claimed to have made it up. Nick said it stands for Christian Always Forever, while Matt said Christian Amen Father. Hangman called them dumb As F-ck.
- Reynolds and Silver tried to recruit the Best Friends and Orange Cassidy. They claimed the Dark Order turns losers into winners. Chuck Taylor correctly pointed out that Reynolds and Silver have never won a match. The goons showed off their newest recruit, Trent’s mom! Trent took off her mask and exited in a huff. Chuck called them spooky perverts and followed Trent. OC pushed a cup off the table again. Silver stole the scene by complaining that the liquid will make his shoes sticky and proceeded to make sticky step sound effects.
- Frankie Kazarian was possessed with a Southern accent. He spoke with the Bucks about Matt Hardy. Kaz doesn’t know why he isn’t himself. Kaz left and Christopher Daniels entered. CD thinks one of Hardy’s deities took over Kaz’s body. Nick merch freaked to find Damascus Hardy. Nick’s trick was to transform them into their regular personalities. Nick kept snapping his fingers for each Hardy personality.
- The closing scene was the Elite and Hangman mocking NXT’s spoiler for tonight’s show. Omega wanted to get a drink with Hangman. Page asked what was the deal with Omega pouring out FTR’s beer. Kenny acknowledged that he overreacted. Omega exited the scene. Matt pointed out how Hangman and Omega are gelling well as a team. Matt then asked about Hangman’s feelings towards them. Hangman loves them but he doesn’t like them. It is what it is.
I’m not sure if there was a deeper message intended for the closing scene with the Elite and Hangman. It clarified their current status. It could be that simple and that’s all. Or maybe we’ll have to wait to see if any seeds were planted for a future clash. I could see it foreshadowing a turn from the Bucks or Hangman since their former relationship seems irreparable.
We’ll close with a couple of nifty images. Brian Cage versus Jon Moxley for the AEW World Championship was pushed back a week. Unfortunately, that makes this awesome artwork with Cage’s machine motif out of date.
Astrid is back with a custom Lego Abadon.
Last is the many faces Dr. Britt Baker DMD.
AEW couldn’t have picked a better role model.