Don’t have time to follow all of AEW’s online content? Don’t worry. We got you covered with the AEW Rewind, which will rewind through social media bits and YouTube videos from the past week to prepare you for Dynamite tonight.
The Young Bucks aren’t the only wrestlers to reveal an upcoming book. Hangman Page also put pen to paper.
To keep on with that rivalry, Hangman displayed his new action figure.
The book deal is probably a coincidence, but I’d like to think it is part of Hangman’s plan to upstage the Bucks. Much like he did by placing his toy in a dominant position over the Bucks’ toys.
Enjoy Darby Allin doing a Coffin Drop into a mini ball pit.
Penelope Ford, Orange Cassidy, and Shanna tried hot sauce to promote Hot Ones. The beginning is pretty funny as Ford struggles to spin the table.
Road to Kansas City
“AEW Road to Kansas City,” (here) featured:
- Hype video for PAC vs Kenny Omega in 30-minute Iron Man match. A very solid segment worth watching.
- Recap package of Cody Rhodes vs Wardlow steel cage match
- Official announcement for Darby Allin vs Sammy Guevara at Revolution.
- Promo from the Young Bucks about their tag title shot at Revolution. Their friends are in the way of standing on top of the mountain, but the tag titles are more important. The Bucks can’t lose.
- Hype for AEW changing the landscape of wrestling as they return to the city where the revolution began.
Being the Elite
“Toy Fair” - Being The Elite, Ep. 192 (here) featured:
- The Young Bucks promoted their new book.
- The Bucks made fun of Brandon Cutler for making a boo-boo face about ordering an Uber.
- Kris Statlander couldn’t figure out how to tie her shoes, so Orange Cassidy threw the shoe. The shoe hit some dude in the face. I laughed out loud at that unexpectedness. Statlander handed over her other shoe. Cassidy tossed that too, and it knocked the dude out of his chair.
- The Bucks saw their new action figures for the first time. Kenny Omega and Cody Rhodes did the same.
- The Bucks forgot their gear for their match. Nick merch freaked Young Bucks dollars into pants for Matt. Nick then threw dollars at Omega’s giant man package, and he too had pants.
- SCU accused Christopher Daniels of joining the Dark Order, but it turned out to be a dream. CD woke up wearing the Dark Order t-shirt. That was also a dream.
- John Silver and Alex Reynolds discussed the Dark Order’s plans to eliminate SCU in the battle royal. They also mentioned that they have never met the Exalted One.
- Matt wanted to pick Tony Schiavone’s brain about making coffee. Tony thought it was a jab from what Britt Baker said about him being a barista. Schiavone told Matt to go to hell, straight to hell.
- Nyla Rose tried to work out new nicknames for Justin Roberts to announce. All he could say was “The Native Beast” Nyla Rose. She lost her temper and punched Michael Nakazawa in the stomach.
- Matt brewed a special cup of coffee for Cutler. Cutler actually liked it.
- Omega has been preparing for PAC by training mentally and rehabbing injuries. Cut to a music montage of labrum exercises.
- Cutler promoted Matt’s coffee to the Librarians. Peter Avalon and Cutler bickered about who has more losses.
- The Bucks saw Dikembe Mutombo in the airport.
- The Elite went to the Toy Fair. The Bucks talked to Kenny about recreating his Titantron. All the new toys were showcased.
- Hangman Page chatted with Kenny backstage. Kenny was sad about having to fight their friends. Hangman apologized for being an asshole. Hangman rambled on about the Elite being the best and then there’s him. Kenny asked if Hangman wanted to be the drunk of the group. Hangman never felt like he belonged with the Elite. Kenny rained on Hangman’s pity party. He ridiculed Hangman’s childish ways. He’s counting on Hangman for big things. He told Hangman to get his shit together. He doesn’t care about Hangman drinking on his own, but don’t bring toxic behavior to the locker room. Hangman understood. He left acting like a loss to the Bucks was a certainty.
It is tough to say if the closing scene is important to watch for story development. Being the Elite sometimes gets acknowledged on Dynamite, but it’s not always consistent with the Dynamite presentation. For example, Hangman’s drinking on TV is fun. Hangman’s drinking on YouTube is kind of sad. I’ve become a fan of Hangman, but the closing scene did nothing to make me root for him. His low confidence and self-pity need to be redeemed in his own eyes. The longer it carries on, the less I care about him. The tag title match at Revolution needs to create a definitive point for Hangman’s story so he can move forward in one way or another.
We’ll close with a sale for AEW merchandise.
Continue reading...#AEWRevolution Weekend Sale!
From Feb 27th Noon CST to March 2nd Noon CST
Save 20% off your online order!
Visit ShopAEW.com – All Elite Wrestling T-shirts & Merchandise and use the promo code REVOLUTION and start saving! pic.twitter.com/fmj6zu4O1Q
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEWrestling) February 24, 2020