AJPW AJPW is in talks with the WWE

Geese

The Showoff
Hotshot
All Japan Pro Wrestling is in talks with the WWE for the launch of NXT Japan. It'll be sort of a crossover AJPW/NXT Japan and it's possible Kento Miyahara and Jake Lee will appear in NXT Japan. It's not likely Shinsuke Nakamura, Karl Anderson, AJ Styles, Finn Balor, or Kushida will appear in NXT Japan because their loyalty is with NJPW and they're not going to wrestle for a rival AJPW.

Last edited:

Geese

The Showoff
Hotshot
Last edited:

Geese

The Showoff
Hotshot
Dave Meltzer reported, "there is a fear of WWE taking advantage very soon of the weakening side of the Japanese wrestling scene due to the coronavirus outbreak in the country. The fear is based on the idea of WWE establishing a strong foothold and making things a lot tougher for those companies affected to recover and survive against WWE.

Geese

The Showoff
Hotshot
This pandemic is surely putting a stop to it for the forseable future
The WWE could benefit from the pandemic. According to Andrew Ravens, "prior to the virus, no promotion wanted to sell to WWE but now some companies in Japan are suffering from tough financial times due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Thus, it's turned into a buyers market. Promotions are more willing to do so now, which could see WWE buy a local infrastructure in order to be a competitive force in the market."

Last edited:

Neilbomb

Jobber
Jobber
The WWE could benefit from the pandemic. According to Andrew Ravens, "prior to the virus, no promotion wanted to sell to WWE but now some companies in Japan are suffering from tough financial times due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Thus, it's turned into a buyers market. Promotions are more willing to do so now, which could see WWE buy a local infrastructure in order to be a competitive force in the market."

Neilbomb

Jobber
Jobber

I would say more like buy it all up, like Vince did in the old days. I had an earlier thread where I jokingly imagined
WWE buying out NJPW and raiding the roster. With the virus, it may actually happen. In that case, imagine being a fan
seeing your favorite-Naito, Okada, EVIL, Tanahasi, whoever. Now imagaine finding out that Vince has a strong anti-Asian
bias ("I'm sorry, Paul, but I can't push someone who doesn't speak English) and as such, said favorites are reduced to
mid-card BS and having to job to the gaijin stars. The joshi girls would have it just as bad because they would have to job
to such ladies as Charlotte, Alexis, Nia, Carmella-basically either blond or related to the Anoi family. So I'm a little iffy.
We'll see though. I will say that Elgin and Bad Luck Fale would do well because Vince likes his big boys. Also, even
though Fale is, I guess, technically Aborigine, I'm sure Vince will say he's close enough to being Samoan to get his
shots.

or Log in using

Latest Discussions