Money in the Bank An unsettling return...

Solid Snake

ɪɴғɪɴɪᴛᴇ ᴄᴀᴛ ʟɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
Chairman
Well... I guess it was going to happen eventually. There is now a rumor that a certain "MitB Star" may be returning at MitB or just in time for it to "stir things up" as the rumor title suggests.

Who is this man? This "legend"?...

He was a lightning rod for debate at last year’s Money in the Bank show, and according to PWInsider, he could be back in WWE just in time to stir things up at this year’s version of the event.

Yep, that site is reporting that James Ellsworth has been the subject of several pitches thrown around by WWE’s creative teams recently and that The Chinless One is scheduled to be in Chicago this weekend, just as Money in the Bank is set to go down in Rosemont, Illinois’ Allstate Arena on Sun., June 17.

Source

Whelp...

Brockamura

The Birdman
Legend
Oh I consider all them as comedy characters. Their whole purpose is to job and be funny. All of them are basically the Santino of 2018
But none of them started as a comedy character... Unlike Santino, Ellsworth, Colt Cabana, Gillberg, etc.

Stone Cold, Kurt Angle, Mick Foley, DX did some funny stuff but they are not "comedy wrestlers".

Reactions: Southern Style Seth

Brockamura

The Birdman
Legend
I don't why that is relevant tbh. Wrestlers change their gimmicks and positions in the company all the time. Curt Hawkins whole character is based around a joke, doesnt really matter what he was doing 10 years ago.
I do see why it's relevant, I think the difference is they still can change in the future and become World Champions, see Jinder Mahal. He was in 3MB, came back as a jobber and then suddenly he was a World Champion. I know he got roided and became a monster to get his push. It still shows that they can change and have credibility. someone like Ellsworth or Santino, not so much IMO.

Seto

WWEF's Resident Puroresu and Joshi Fan
Legend
I do see why it's relevant, I think the difference is they still can change in the future and become World Champions, see Jinder Mahal. He was in 3MB, came back as a jobber and then suddenly he was a World Champion. I know he got roided and became a monster to get his push. It still shows that they can change and have credibility. someone like Ellsworth or Santino, not so much IMO.
I mean Jinder got the push also because WWE was expanding into India, so you know, logic.

Reactions: Maurice Vachon

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
He is going to screw Asuka out of the title. That's such a WWE thing to do.
Considering how they brought back the Great Khali to do just that, you might actually end up being right.

Hopefully this is just a rumor. Ellsworth overstayed his welcome as far as I'm concerned.

I mean Jinder got the push also because WWE was expanding into India, so you know, logic.
I can't wait for Kim Jong Un to become champion whenever WWE expands more into North Korea.

Redboy123@

The Game
Technician
Yeah that's my point. Wrestlers change characters all the time. Jinder was a bonafide comedy character. Doesn't mean it's for life. But no denying he fulfilled that comedy heel jobber role. Just because a wrestler has the potential for more doesn't change the reality.