News Bayley reacts to Sasha’s return (cryptically, of course)

Wrestling News

The People's Champion
Legend
Bayley’s Instagram
It doesn’t get nearly as much attention, but SmackDown Women’s champ Bayley is as much a purveyor of open-to-interpretation social media as her bestie Sasha Banks.

She doesn’t get as much attention for it, for a variety of reasons. Part of that is because Bayley isn’t involved in as much controversy. There aren’t work/shoot beefs with other women on the roster, incidents that incite debates about her in-ring work, or months-long absences that WWE never officially addresses. The Hugster also doesn’t have the same “it” factor The Boss does, at least not in a way that inspires passion among the demographic range of fans on the web. Compared to the “love her or hate her” Sasha gets, wrestling Twitter and communities like Cageside reaction to Bayley tends to be more “take her or leave her”.

But back to - to coin a phrase - crypticism, here were Bay’s posts after Banks’ return on Monday night (Aug. 12):

And the reason is you. #raw

— Bayley (@itsBayleyWWE) August 13, 2019

View this post on Instagram

She who is brave is free

A post shared by Bayley (@itsmebayley) on Aug 12, 2019 at 8:14pm PDT
(Fans of less into crypticism and more into potentially awesome wrestling matches will be more interested in her Twitter exchange with NXT’s Candice LeRae teasing a Clash of Champions showdown.)

Hoobastank lyrics and Pinterest/tumblr quotes aside, the hourglass one is pretty intriguing. Especially when paired with her SmackDown web exclusive kayfabe interview with Cathy Kelley, where the “Hug” half of The Boss ‘n’ Hug Connection refuses to weigh in on her partner’s actions from Raw:

“Look, there’s nothing I can saw that’s not gonna be misconstrued by somebody and obviously the whole world know’s Sasha’s my #1, she’s my best friend. But Nattie and Becky are also my friends, so - I think it’s best that I just keep my mouth shut.”
The champ’s gimmick right now seems to be that she offers title shots to her friends, which isn’t gonna get crowds super-invested in her matches, but that’s a whole ‘nother discussion.

Is this just indicative of that, or are seeds being planted for a long-awaited Bayley vs. Sasha program on the main roster? Is WWE trying to keep a storyline avenue to getting the Four Horsewomen of NXT back together for if/when Ronda Rousey returns?

Ambiguity may be annoying at times, but it’s not always a bad thing!

Continue reading...

Grievous II

Is Unretrofied For You
Legend
All of this Twitter bullshit is pointless...

Why do wrestlers have to try & tell stories & develop their characters
on social media? Its the WWE's job to do that on WWE television.

• Applause
Reactions: The Sheik

or Log in using