News Becky Lynch had a weird day on Twitter

Wrestling News

The People's Champion
Legend

Twitter was instrumental to the rise of The Man in 2018. Social media was awash with “YAS KWEEN” and “Do you want to see a dead body?” memes as Becky Lynch routinely dunked on anyone who got in her way - mostly her eventual WrestleMania 35 opponents Charlotte Flair and Ronda Rousey.

The Raw Women’s champion’s Twitter game is still strong, but after some rumors she may have been asked to tone it down by the powers-that-be, Lynch isn’t as active - and she’s been in a few beefs where she was the murderee and not the murderer.

Yesterday (Thurs., June 6) was an interesting day for Becky on social media, as she interacted with a few old foes to mixed results.

First, The Man went after her bosses. In a since deleted tweet, WWE was promoting a live streaming interview with Cathy Kelley with the promise Lynch would speak on her relationship with Seth Rollins. That triggered this response from Bex:

After all the things I’ve done this year, talking about my love life isn’t high on my list.

— The Man (@BeckyLynchWWE) June 6, 2019
WWE’s promotion of the NOW interview no longer contains any mention of Rollins. But it wasn’t a total victory for Lynch, because Big E is relentless:

What about your mom’s?

— Florida Man (@WWEBigE) June 6, 2019
Perhaps, riding high after shutting the company down from marketing a relationship they’re very interesting in marketing, Becky decided to pick a fight with old rivals Edge & Beth Phoenix. Seeing as it started with Lynch replying to a parenting meme Phoenix tweeted to her husband, it probably wasn’t destined to go well:

We really need to get one of you two out of that retirement village you’re living in.

— The Man (@BeckyLynchWWE) June 6, 2019
And while Edge landed a solid shot early on, it still seemed to be going okay for the champ:

Can’t your wife talk for herself? Actually, I listened to NXT commentary, clearly not. https://t.co/L1Rb2DmcHS

— The Man (@BeckyLynchWWE) June 7, 2019
Put your kids to bed, kiss your frail husband goodbye, lace your own damn boots and come find me.

Might be time for mommy to step away from the sherry. Let me know when you want your head slapped off.

But then the Rated R Superstar rolled in with a killshot a couple hours later (probably after he got the kids to bed):

Oh wait, what? This is still happening? Sorry The Man I got bored after your last weak tweet and walked away. Kind of like I do when your matches come on. Huh. You used to like puns before you were “cool” right? Ratings Jugger-not. And again I say begone little one. https://t.co/J2IwRrXK6s

— Adam (Edge) Copeland (@EdgeRatedR) June 7, 2019
Becky has, as of this writing, not responded. Maybe because she hasn’t recovered.

Personally, I’m not a huge fan of bringing ratings into these things. But I’m also not a big fan of bringing wrestlers shoot personal lives into things when they don’t logically fit, and that’s something Lynch called WWE on and then did herself while looking to pick a fight with the Copelands. So she kind of had it coming.

And the way Edge tied Becky’s punning past into the “Ratings Jugger-Not” pun?

So that was The Man’s weird day on Twitter.

Continue reading...

or Log in using