News Bram arrested on domestic battery and false imprisonment

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Legend
TNA issued the following statement to Prowrestling.net regarding the arrest and suspension of Bram (a/k/a Thomas Latimer).

TNA has been advised by the Gulfport, Florida Police Department that Thomas Latimer, known as Bram, has been arrested and charged with two felony counts of domestic battery and false imprisonment. TNA is working to gather facts and obtain additional information related to the arrest.

"The charges against Thomas Latimer are serious, and he is immediately and indefinitely suspended from any future TNA-sanctioned events awaiting the outcome of the case," said TNA Executive Vice President of Television and Talent John Gaburick.

Update: Multiple sources report that the incident did not involve Charlotte (a/k/a Ashley Fliehr). It's unclear whether she and Latimer are still married, but I was told that they are no longer romantically involved.
Source

Damn. It's like he's living his gimmick.

The good thing is, Charlotte wasn't involved in this incident.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Commissioner
What a fucking idiot.
Honestly, if TNA had any backbone, just let the guy go. He assaulted a cop when he was signed with WWE and now this?

Majour

Filthy Creep
Legend
It was apparenty involving his new girlfriend, on charges of 'domestic battery by strangulation' and false imprisonment.

What a catch....

• Agree
Reactions: Nobody

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Legend
Source

As noted, TNA star Thomas Latimer, a.k.a. Bram, was arrested for domestic battery and false imprisonment on Sunday morning in Gulfport, Florida. Courtesy of WFLA.com, above his mugshot.

SEE ALSO: WWE NXT Wrestler Released Following Arrest

Latimer was released today on $5000 bond for the domestic battery by strangulation charge, and another $1000 bond for the false imprisonment charge.

TNA announced yesterday that they had suspended Latimer indefinitely while they work "to gather facts and obtain additional information related to the arrest."

Below are details of the arrest, courtesy of The Gulfport Police Department:

Professional Wrestler Arrested on Domestic Violence Charges

Gulfport, FL—On 8/30 at approximately 6:00 AM, officers responded to a call about a disturbance in an apartment at 3205 58th Street South. There they encountered Thomas R. Latimer and a woman who identified herself as his girlfriend.

The officers observed evidence indicative of a physical altercation, and their investigation revealed that, after the couple had been arguing, the woman felt threatened and sought refuge in her bedroom.

Latimer followed her into the bedroom, closed the door, and refused to allow her to leave. He then pushed the woman onto the bed and was holding her down by her neck.

Latimer, who is a wrestler with TNA Impact Wrestling, was charged with domestic battery by strangulation and false imprisonment. Both are felony charges, and he is currently being held in the Pinellas County Jail.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Legend
Bram apparently has a history of being heavy on the drink and other substances and his violence problem isn't anything new.

So by TNA standards he's a perfect fit I guess. This is the same company who sent a totally out of it Jeff Hardy out to main event.

• Agree
Reactions: Nobody

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Legend
Charlotte Reportedly Still Legally Married To Bram

As noted, WWE Diva Charlotte was not the woman involved in the domestic incident this past weekend that saw TNA star Bram get arrested due to domestic assault by strangulation and false imprisonment. We noted that the woman involved was Bram's girlfriend, named Ashley Allen.

It was reported yesterday that Charlotte and Bram quietly split a few months back but they are still legally married. They have a hearing scheduled for September 10th in Florida, which will be the final hearing for the dissolution of their marriage.

or Log in using