News Bret Hart says wrestling doesn’t have drama anymore but he is a fan of a recent match

Discussion in 'Wrestling News Feed' started by Wrestling News, Jun 7, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. [​IMG]
    Stop us if you heard this before but Hall of Famer and pro wrestling legend Bret Hart has a complaint about the business. Hart is a pro wrestling lifer and knows more about the squared circle than most people ever will.

With all that being said, Hart has gained the reputation as one of the harshest critics of the modern version of pro wrestling. The sport comes in waves from the 70s to the 80s into 90s to the early 2000s and today. Each era had its strengths as well as weaknesses.

On a speaking tour over in the UK, Hart recently sat down for a interview with Britain’s biggest sports radio station talkSPORT. During the interview Hart was asked what he thought of the current WWE product and he applied no filter to his response.

“I think I was a better storyteller than any of the wrestlers they’ve got today. I watched Wrestlemania this year and there’s no drama anymore. They do some amazing stuff, there are some incredible athletes, but people don’t know how to tell a story.”

Hart continued

“Wrestling has it’s flows, it will change again as people get tired of the ‘phoney’ wrestling, I watched my match with Davey Boy at Wembley with some journalists in a bar and they almost bought into it like it was real.”

But The Hitman did end with a kind of, sort of compliant at the end.

“The fact that fans reacted so strongly to those two British Wrestlers (Pete Dunne & Tyler Bate) shows you it might be going back in the other direction.”

Let the record show, Hart is in fact a huge British Strong Style fan.

Does Bret Hart have a point though? Has the WWE’s never-ending TV schedule and 365 days a year product watered down some of what Hart calls ‘drama’ out of pro wrestling?

Continue reading...

2. I love that pic of Triple H that says when Bret Hart gives NXT 10/10

• Like Like x 1
  3. When was the last time two wrestlers fought because they hate each other?

4. Like actually fought or had a feud with each other?

5. fued

6. Alexa Bliss and Sasha Banks?

7. Ciampa vs Gargano

• Like Like x 1
  8. Not sure how it's funny, just remember hearing somewhere that Bliss and Sasha had legit heat and I think there might've been a few stiff shots

9. I found it funny because I thought you said Sasha and Bayley, so my bad on that. Also, none of that was confirmed about Alexa and Sasha hating each other in real life. One source said it was because Sasha worked a match in NXT with Alexa and it was stuff and it caused Alexa to break her nose, as well as I have heard it started over some dumb shit on Twiiter, and finally I have heard it was because Sasha called out Alexa for not being a actual wrestling fan an she is doing this as a way to get a paycheck, so I have no clue which one or if all three are correct.

As for my input on this subject, I think that is a major problem in WWE right now. There isn't any "drama" between wrestlers or anything no more and the "storytelling" isn't there anymore as well. As Bret mentioned Tyler Bate vs Pete Dunn was great because both men wanted to be the pride of their country, kind of like when Will Ospreay and Marty Scurll was having their feud in New Japan it was the same concept, or even Gargano vs Chiampa was great because it two friends fighting each other because one betrayed the other, and even Eddie Edwards vs Sami Callhan is great as well. All of these had meaning and told a great story unlike most feuds right in WWE.

10. Honestly yeah Sami and Eddie is a great feud because people legit think Sami tried to hurt him. People like Jim Cornette and Kassius Ohno. Also unlike Randy Orton he's working the crowds and the boys themselves. Impact has been better than WWE lately probably since they put the belt on Eli Drake.

• Like Like x 1
  11. And to add Eddie and Sami kind of don't break Kayfabe as well even in real life or social media to some extent which adds to the legitimacy, you know. Also, Eli Drake is great as a Champion because he is basically Miz and Jericho as one person, lol.

12. Agree with everything except him being Miz and Jericho. Personally I think Eli Drake is the best talker today, dude has insane amount of charisma. I want him to go to WWE, but I'm worried he'd get wasted and that Impact would suck without him

• Like Like x 1
  13. I meant that a complaint of the sort because when I see Eli Drake and hear him talk I am reminded of Jericho, who is a great talker and worker, and The Miz, who again is a great talker and worker. All three guys are different, but they remind me of each other, you know, which isn't bad. If Eli did go to WWE he would be washed away and his character he would change to be honest because you can't have two of the same people, you know.

14. I understand, I just think he's original in his promos. I mean apparently Paul Bearer was his manager on Championship Wrestling From Hollywood and before he died he said something about Eli Drake

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Oh, yeah I wasn't saying he wasn't original in his promos because he is. Also, that is pretty cool.

16. I wish Chris Adonis would've stayed. It was funny seeing him say little things during Drakes's promo. I love me some Eli's Cakes

• Like Like x 1
  17. It was, man. He would always get a smirk from me because of how goofy or whatever he could be at times.

• Like Like x 1
  18. It's a shame people seem to hate Impact since the beginning. One day I sat on youtube watching TNA from 2006 which was their best year imo. And I didn't start going until 2007

• Like Like x 1
  19. People hate on IMPACT because it is cool, or whatever and some never gave it a fair shake because becoming drones to WWE, you know. Also, I though 07 was good/decent, but around 08/09 it went down badly.

• Like Like x 1
  20. 06 was my favorite, during 06 Sting debuted, Jarrett was a legit heel, Joe was at his peak in popularity, LAX started getting big and of course the debut of Kurt Angle

• Agree Agree x 1