News Brock Lesnar Done with WWE Once When Contract Runs Out?

Wrestling News

The People's Champion
Legend
It was reported earlier today that Brock Lesnar has re-entered the USADA testing pool for MMA and he could possibly be fighting for the UFC before the year ends.

Pro Wrestling Sheet reports that Lesnar’s current deal with WWE expires shortly after WrestleMania 34 and he has made it clear to the company that he doesn’t intend to re-sign. Bryan Alvarez indicated on Wrestling Observer Live today that this is probably why Roman Reigns’ match against Lesnar is being moved up to SummerSlam instead of it taking place at WrestleMania.

The reason Lesnar has re-entered the testing pool is so that he can make the right career decision about his career move when his WWE deal runs up. Lesnar has to re-enter the testing pool and fulfill the rest of his suspension before he is allowed to fight in the UFC again.

The post Brock Lesnar Done with WWE Once When Contract Runs Out? appeared first on All Wrestling News.

Continue reading...

Good...the sooner Brock leaves the better...
uuuhhh....what??? How is this going to be better?!? Oh wait, who is the next best candidate for the Universal title WITH A STORY??? I'll wait.....there's only a couple that might be able to have a title run. I would say Balor or Reigns and everybody already know it's most likely going to Reigns at SummerSlam. That's not to say that Roman can't have the title back but is it the right time for how they've created this back story? Best alternative to him getting the title is more Braun Strowman vs. Roman Reigns then eventually Finn Balor gets his shot to earn it.

• Agree
Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Grievous II

Revenge Of The Cringe
Legend
uuuhhh....what??? How is this going to be better?!? Oh wait, who is the next best candidate for the Universal title WITH A STORY??? I'll wait.....there's only a couple that might be able to have a title run. I would say Balor or Reigns and everybody already know it's most likely going to Reigns at SummerSlam. That's not to say that Roman can't have the title back but is it the right time for how they've created this back story? Best alternative to him getting the title is more Braun Strowman vs. Roman Reigns then eventually Finn Balor gets his shot to earn it
I just don't like (lazy) part timers...no matter who they are...
and what story does Brock have exactly?

Showing up every 100 days, wrestling 5 minutes and barely getting a win?

I just don't like (lazy) part timers...no matter who they are...
and what story does Brock have exactly?

Showing up every 100 days, wrestling 5 minutes and barely getting a win?
The story is never about Brock, it's about the opponent. Think of it like a knight or warrior choosing to go slay the dragon (Brock) or at least steal the treasure, the dragon protects or both. Nobody cares that the dragon comes out seldom and attacks on his own terms, they want to see a new person take on the dragon.

And what is this about barely getting a win??? Brock can win most of his matches without a doubt like when he first returned from UFC and ran thru Cena (TWICE) then went at The Undertaker ended The Streak, took a loss to Undertaker due to an undetected low blow and then beat The Undertaker once again. He took a break, came back and took on The Shield members (both individually and in a few triple threat/fatal 4-way which he usually got clear wins over), not to mention taking on Randy Orton and running thru him. Come on, I think you're not giving enough credit to this guy lol.

Last edited:

Grievous II

Revenge Of The Cringe
Legend
The story is never about Brock, it's about the opponent. Think of it like a knight or warrior choosing to go slay the dragon (Brock) or at least steal the treasure, the dragon protects or both. Nobody cares that the dragon comes out seldom and attacks on his own terms, they want to see a new person take on the dragon.
Yeah...but Dragons are actually interesting...

And what is this about barely getting a win??? This can win without a doubt but do that like when he first returned from UFC and ran thru Cena (TWICE) then went at The Undertaker ended The Streak, took a loss to Undertaker due to an undetected low blow and then beat The Undertaker once again. He took a break, came back and took on The Shield members (both individually and in a few triple threat/fatal 4-way which he usually got clear wins over), not to mention taking on Randy Orton and running thru him. Come on, I think you're not giving enough credit to this guy lol.
You'll have to excuse me...but I only came back to wrestling
at the start of 2016 around the Royal Rumble time.

So...all I've seen Brock do is:
~ Not win the Royal Rumble in 2016...
~ Not win at Fastlane...
~ Wrestle a lazy match at Wrestlemania 32 against Ambrose...
~ Wrestle a lazy match at Summslam against Orton...which had a pathetic finish...
~ Fail a UFC drug test...
~ Getting bitched by Goldberg in 1 minute and 26 seconds at Survivor Series...(Such a great moment!)
~ Getting bitched by Goldberg again in the Royal Rumble 2017...
~ Wrestle against Goldberg and defeat him in the shortest match on the Wrestlemania 33 card...
And then he finally shows up to defend the title after nearly a hundred days and...
~ Wrestles a match against Samoa Joe at Great Balls Of Fire which I will admit was cool...but it only
went for 6:25.

That is literally all I have seen of Lesnar...and I'm not going back
to watch the stuff I missed.

I'm sorry bro...I can't stand "Lazy" Lesnar/Bork La$er...and no one will
change my opinion on that.

I would honestly rather have [HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG] as the full time Universal Champion
than Lesnar. At least he shows up every week, works hard and actually respects
the company he works for.

Now personally I'd rather have Balor or Rollins as the top guy on RAW...but I
doubt the WWE is going to do that.

I understand that Lesnar is a draw...but the fact the WWE has to rely on Lesnar
to be a draw is the most frustrating part.

The WWE needs to build towards the future...and giving part timers and has-beens
prime spots on big pay per views may help the cash flow in the short term...but...
in long term...I believe it is slowly poisoning the companies future.

Again...this is just my personal opinion...and I do understand why fans love Brock...

But I don't.

Last edited:

JacobFox

You Can't Beat my Meowcenaries
Commissioner

~ Not win at Fastlane...
~ Wrestle a lazy match at Summslam against Orton...which had a pathetic finish...
~ Getting bitched by Goldberg in 1 minute and 26 seconds at Survivor Series...(Such a great moment!)
~ Wrestles a match against Goldberg and defeats him in the shortest match on the Wrestlemania 33 card...
And the he finally shows up to defend the title after nearly a hundred days and...
~ Wrestles a match against Samoa Joe at Great Balls Of Fire which I will admit was cool...but it only

I would honestly rather have [HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG] as the full time Universal Champion

The WWE needs to build towards the future...and giving part timers and has-beens
prime spots on big pay per views may help the cash flow in the short term...but...

Again...this is just my personal opinion...and I do understand why fans love Brock...

But I don't.
Pretty much agree with all of this. And the entire reason the match with Joe was cool was because of Joe. Lesnar did nothing more than 6 German suplexes and an F5. Irritating and it had everything to do with him wanting to work as little as possible and make the most money.

In the previous matches when Lesnar fought Cena and the Undertaker and Seth Rollins and CM Punk and Roman Reigns, he put some effort into the matches. Yeah, there was the whole "Suplex City" thing but most of those matches had more than that. And now it's nothing more than some suplexes that don't even appear to actually damage anyone and an F5. If this is deliberately done by the WWE in order to get fans behind Reigns, than it's still being done poorly.

The pathetic thing about this is that Lesnar is a really good wrestler. He's not a huge guy. I've watched a lot of his amateur stuff and he has had some excellent pro wrestling matches. If the point of the story line, as King of Armageddon mentioned, is to show the other wrestler as a "Dragon Slayer" type, then the Lesnar they are slaying is a lot closer to Puff the Magic Dragon at this point than it is Smaug.

• Applause
Reactions: Grievous II

~ Not win at Fastlane...
~ Wrestles a match against Goldberg and defeats him in the shortest match on the Wrestlemania 33 card...
And the he finally shows up to defend the title after nearly a hundred days and...

But I don't.
Okay, look if you can admit that you have no knowledge of Brock's work before 2016 then how can you not be 100% objectively? Now I'm all for pointing out these incredible people flaws but that doesn't mean I'm going to plug my fingers in my ears and ignore them (like you do with Roman Reigns, I'm guessing??). You are entitled to your own opinion, I like that about anybody but I'm sorry I can't just sit back while you mow down just what you seen is wrong about him in the last year.

You have a lot of good facts in regards to Brock Lesnar and that's cool, you are entitled to feel the way you do given "those" facts. I'm not going to repeat all of what Brock has done or his role was meant for, because truthfully back in 2015 or so when my buddy told me that Brock was getting a special contract than the other wrestlers I was totally against it until I saw them build the mystic behind The Beast.

Once this was worked out great then I was on board, because I saw so many ideas and honestly for me the WWE fulfilled quite a bit of the special drama/matches that Brock deserves (argue if you may). As far as the word "lazy"..........Dean Ambrose as he has been for the last year or so been L.A.Z.Y., lazy now a part of it can be blamed on the booking but the guy does some sloppy mic work (spatting off babble like Bray Wyatt does), runs around the ring throwing punches mostly, gets a chance to hit that springboard lariat and soon kick the abdomen for Dirty Deed. That good sir, will forever be laaaaaaaaaaaazy work to me.

Now as you took shots at the WWE veterans, I'm sure these guys and gals (including John Cena) would like to sit back and watch the new superstars shine brighter or just as bright as they ever did in their prime. Yeah, they could easily be removed or fade away like some have but that doesn't ultimate solve any of the weak performances that we still get at times from the new talent. I'm soooooooooo anxiously waiting for the new talent to take that reins and shoot forward with no hesitation. Sadly they barely hold their own and that's not including creative/booking teams, they are still finding their own paths which fans will have to be patient and endure.

So let's see we get of "has beens" and "part-timers" so that mean Brock Lesnar, The Undertaker, John Cena, Shane McMahon (no more matches), Triple H (no more matches), Kurt Angle (no more matches for a comeback), The Hardy Boyz, Goldust, R-Truth, The Miz, Maryse, The Usos, Kofi Kingston, Big Show, Sheamus, Mickie James, Nikki Bella (did she retire?), Alicia Fox, Natalya, Tamina, and probably some more. Um, yeah let's see how well this works right now without them. Some may not like this but the fact of the matter is these "part-timers"/"has beens" (or whatever else people label them), still draw in crowds at shows and PPVs. sooooooo......Idk what else to tell you. Patience is key??

Reactions: Lavender Haze
the Lesnar they are slaying is a lot closer to Puff the Magic Dragon at this point than it is Smaug.
I blame WWE because we all know how destructive Brock Lesnar can be in that ring. Like you said:
In the previous matches when Lesnar fought Cena and the Undertaker and Seth Rollins and CM Punk and Roman Reigns, he put some effort into the matches. Yeah, there was the whole "Suplex City" thing but most of those matches had more than that.

Grievous II

Revenge Of The Cringe
Legend
Okay, look if you can admit that you have no knowledge of Brock's work before 2016 then how can you not be 100% objectively?
I guess I can't...but I think it was a mistake for "the Streak" to be broken and
I don't really care about him squashing Cena at Summerslam. I mean from
what I've heard Cena "deserved" to be squashed.

that doesn't mean I'm going to plug my fingers in my ears and ignore them (like you do with Roman Reigns, I'm guessing??).
I'm aware of [HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG] and what he is capable of. The guy has
many strong attributes...apart from when he's talking about Jack and
the Beanstalk and tater tots. (No...I'm never going to forget that...and
neither should all of you who read this) I just refuse to pay anymore
attention to the guy. Just because the WWE wants to sell it to me
doesn't mean I'm going to buy it...or even look at it.

Frankly the WWE can have [HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG] break every record, pin
every person on the roster and hold every title 20 times...nothing will
ever make me pay attention to the guy.

Plus...I'm more into the women's division anyway...and thankfully
the endless [HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG] push doesn't effect them.

Although I'm sure if Vince thought it would get him over he'd have
"The Big Dog" spear every woman on the roster.

Thank God it isn't the Attitude Era anymore.

but I'm sorry I can't just sit back while you mow down just what you seen is wrong about him in the last year.
Well...you kind of have to. Its my opinion...and you aren't changing it.

As far as the word "lazy"..........Dean Ambrose as he has been for the last year or so been L.A.Z.Y., lazy now a part of it can be blamed on the booking but the guy does some sloppy mic work (spatting off babble like Bray Wyatt does), runs around the ring throwing punches mostly, gets a chance to hit that springboard lariat and soon kick the abdomen for Dirty Deed. That good sir, will forever be laaaaaaaaaaaazy work to me.
Yes...call Dean Ambrose lazy...the man who wrestled more matches
(televised and house shows combined) than anyone else on the WWE
roster in 2016. He sure is lazy.

Now as you took shots at the WWE veterans
There is a big difference between a veteran and a part-timer...

The Hardy Boyz, Goldust, R-Truth, The Miz, Maryse, The Usos, Kofi Kingston, Big Show, Sheamus, Mickie James, Nikki Bella (did she retire?), Alicia Fox, Natalya, Tamina
I don't class anyone on this list as a has-been or part-timers...well...may-be Big Show...but
he is nearing retirement...but even he can help get guys like Strowman and Big Cass "over"

Dude...the Miz is in career best form at the moment...and the Usos can still go...
Oh...and Nikki Bella has a neck injury...but the rumor is she will be back for Summerslam.

So let's see we get of "has beens" and "part-timers" so that mean Brock Lesnar, The Undertaker, Shane McMahon (no more matches), Triple H (no more matches), Kurt Angle (no more matches for a comeback)
Yes...exactly...they have all had their time in the spotlight...time for them to move on
and stop taking up time on the Wrestlemania card every year.

Cena is okay because he can at least still put on a "great" match.

Some may not like this but the fact of the matter is these "part-timers"/"has beens" (or whatever else people label them), still draw in crowds at shows and PPVs. sooooooo......Idk what else to tell you. Patience is key??
That's fair enough...but I'm not in those crowds. I'm in Australia and I know what
I want to watch. Young, hungry and dynamic wrestlers putting on great matches
build around interesting and personal story lines.

Not a bunch of haggard old men stumbling around like they are looking for their keys.

I guess I can't...but I think it was a mistake for "the Streak" to be broken and
I don't really care about him squashing Cena at Summerslam. I mean from
what I've heard Cena "deserved" to be squashed.
I agree with this, I think maybe people just felt it was time Cena got knocked off his "high horse" for a little while.

I'm aware of [HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG] and what he is capable of. The guy has
many strong attributes...apart from when he's talking about Jack and
the Beanstalk and tater tots. (No...I'm never going to forget that...and
neither should all of you who read this) I just refuse to pay anymore
attention to the guy. Just because the WWE wants to sell it to me
doesn't mean I'm going to buy it...or even look at it.

Frankly the WWE can have [HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG] break every record, pin
every person on the roster and hold every title 20 times...nothing will
ever make me pay attention to the guy.

Plus...I'm more into the women's division anyway...and thankfully
the endless [HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG] push doesn't effect them.

Although I'm sure if Vince thought it would get him over he'd have
"The Big Dog" spear every woman on the roster.

Thank God it isn't the Attitude Era anymore.
Again that is okay and like you said your opinion, I don't want you to EVER just feel like you have to change in regards to something anybody says but remember you saidthat you will never pay attention to Roman Reigns.

Well...you kind of have to. Its my opinion...and you aren't changing it.
Okay don't change!! It's not about changing your opinions or feelings. But does everything have to be aimed just negatively on any individual?

Yes...call Dean Ambrose lazy...the man who wrestled more matches
(televised and house shows combined) than anyone else on the WWE
roster in 2016. He sure is lazy.
SO NOW WE OVERLOOK ENTRANCE MUSIC, PERFORMANCES, BLATANT REPETITIVENESS, SIMPLE RING GEAR, WITH SIMPLE PUNCHLINES ON THE MIC???!? Really? Ok I'll remember that come the next complant about anybody and I'll reply with "Oh, well that person does more shows than anybody though." Sorry, no excuse!!

Dude...the Miz is in career best form at the moment...and the Usos can still go...
Oh...and Nikki Bella has a neck injury...but the rumor is she will be back for Summerslam.
Yeah I know that about The Miz & The Usos, sorry to hear about Nikki (this was after this year's WrestleMania right?)

Yes...exactly...they have all had their time in the spotlight...time for them to move on
and stop taking up time on the Wrestlemania card every year.
Ok your opinion, guess you're going to be pissed as fuck....
And Triple H don't work a "great" match? Kurt Angle can't work a "great" match? Undertaker can't? Huh? Ok, your opinion.

Not a bunch of haggard old men stumbling around like they are looking for their keys.
Was that line necessary for any of those guys? They're that terrible?

Grievous II

Revenge Of The Cringe
Legend
I don't want you to EVER just feel like you have to change in regards to something anybody says but remember you said that you will never pay attention to Roman Reigns.
I'll never forget bro...

[HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG] 4 Life...

Okay don't change!! It's not about changing
your opinions or feelings. But does everything have to be aimed just negatively on any individual?
No...I can be positive about the WWE...

~ I'm curious to see how Big Cass goes as a heel in the singles division...
~ Braun Strowman has been booked excellently (apart from a clean loss at Fastlane 2017)...
~ I'm glad Cesaro is a Champion in some/any division...
~ The Revival are great to watch...
~ I like Kalisto...even though not many other people do...
~ Maryse is always nice to look at...
~ Samoa Joe should be the top "beast" on RAW...
~ Neville has been the best booked champion on the main roster in recent times...
~ Emma isn't injured (She can't get on TV but at least she's not hurt)...
~ Sasha Banks is "rockstar" and she's fantastic in the ring and great to look at...

~ A.J Styles is pure class and always amazing to watch...
~ I'm stoked Baron Corbin is holding the MitB briefcase and I'm really looking forward to his cash in...
~ I like Jinder Mahal as the World Champion. I won't Hinder Jinder.
~ Kevin Owens is like A.J...just a fantastic worker all round.
~ I'm a big Luke Harper fan...but...he can't get on TV.
~ Rusev is awesome...
~ Sami Zayn is also awesome...
~ I'm happy for Tye Dillinger to be on the main roster...
~ I absolutely adore Charlotte & Becky Lynch...they are my favorite "couple" in the WWE...
~ Carmella having the Women's Briefcase is cool...(I just wish she'd ditch Ellsworth)

~ Aleister Black is something dark and different...
~ Bobby Roode is too great to hate...
~ I'm a big fan Sanity...I hope they invade the main roster one day...
~ Asuka is a Goddess...
~ Nikki Cross & Ruby Riot are something different...and sexy...
~ Peyton Royce & Billie Kay make my list because AUSTRALIA!

See...I like stuff...

SO NOW WE OVERLOOK ENTRANCE MUSIC, PERFORMANCES, BLATANT REPETITIVENESS, SIMPLE RING GEAR, WITH SIMPLE PUNCHLINES ON THE MIC???!? Really? Ok I'll remember that come the next complaint about anybody and I'll reply with "Oh, well that person does more shows than anybody though." Sorry, no excuse!!
Well...Dean can only do what the creative and booking teams allow him to...
I'm sure Dean would have been more at home in the Attitude Era...but...its
something we'll never really know.

I like Dean...he has a certain...charm to him.

Sorry to hear about Nikki (this was after this year's WrestleMania right?)
She nearly missed Wrestlemania but was cleared at the last minute.

I'm curious if she does return at Summerslam...and what match she'll
be involved in.

Ok your opinion, guess you're going to be pissed as fuck....
And Triple H don't work a "great" match? Kurt Angle can't work a "great" match? Undertaker can't? Huh? Ok, your opinion.
Triple H is frankly a slow worker who I don't enjoy watching anymore.

Back when I was watching during the Attitude Era Hunter was one
of my favorites along with Angle, Benoit & "Classic" Kane...but now...
I don't think his slow, methodical style works.

Angle was awesome back in the day...and I guess I don't want to watch
him wrestle again. I'm afraid it will ruin the great memories of all those
great matches he had (especially against Benoit).

Plus...I've heard he has serious health issues...so may-be it is better
for Kurt if he doesn't compete.

And no...I never saw him wrestle in TNA.

The Undertaker should have retired from wrestling when his Wrestlemania
record was 21 - 0. Watching the Undertaker at the Rumble this year was
just sad...and I haven't and will never watch his Wrestlemania 33 match...
because [HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG].

I'm not trying to piss you off bro...I'm just more of a "look to future" kind
of guy...rather than a "remember the past" kind of guy.

I'll never forget bro...

[HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG] 4 Life...
Ok, cool lol.

I can be positive about the WWE
This is good to know, I was beginning to wonder.

Well...Dean can only do what the creative and booking teams allow him to...
I'm sure Dean would have been more at home in the Attitude Era...but...its
something we'll never really know.

I like Dean...he has a certain...charm to him.
.......uh yeah ok, I guess that's the reason. Good luck enjoying his "charm", I'll be waiting until he really step up more in his overall delivery.

Angle was awesome back in the day...and I guess I don't want to watch
him wrestle again. I'm afraid it will ruin the great memories of all those
great matches he had (especially against Benoit).

Plus...I've heard he has serious health issues...so may-be it is better
for Kurt if he doesn't compete.

And no...I never saw him wrestle in TNA.
As I figured, certain fans have been making light of his situation because they just want him to wrestle again so bad. But what's the use of wrestling immediately when one or a few wrong moves and you're done for good? Patience is KEY!

The Undertaker should have retired from wrestling when his Wrestlemania
record was 21 - 0. Watching the Undertaker at the Rumble this year was
just sad...and I haven't and will never watch his Wrestlemania 33 match...
because [HASHTAG]#IgnoreReigns[/HASHTAG].
Yeah, he probably should have but didn't nobody force him to keep wrestling (not that we know of lmao). And if you're going to make sure not to watch Wrestlemania 33 because of Roman Reigns then that's your choice, I will say that the match wasn't bad at all, they ended it very well IMO.

I'm not trying to piss you off bro...I'm just more of a "look to future" kind
of guy...rather than a "remember the past" kind of guy.
I'm not pissed at all, I'm just a bit upset that someone like you who is both knowledgeable & (somewhat) sensible when it comes to WWE, would feel such disdain for Brock Lesnar or the reason he was given his current role in WWE. But I'm not against anything you said, we just have differences of opinions. I understand a lot of what you say whether I like it or not, I also look ahead but I will not just turn my back on the guys who paved the road and can continue to help build it until they can't anymore. Believe it or not, I want the new, young talent to do great things for WWE but it's a waiting game right now. And WWE has to take the blame and feel the gripes we have as fans and contributors to their business because they made or had to make a conscious change in their programming and in-ring action.

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
I remember seeing his Retirement Match. It was sad. I do remember seeing where they almost messed up a Move or that they were tired. Whichever.
- Yeah, They should've had him retire after his streak. That was highly upsetting for me and any other "Taker" Fans.
- Brock is "ok", But I'd choose Ryback over Lesner. Im kinda in between liking and Not Liking lesner. Sure He's had some great matches. Never seen any of his UFC Showsn though.
- I Like Ambrose. I like his Crazy/Lunatic Gimmick and he has had some good matches in the past.
- Im Still a Roman Fan thru and thru. I dnt care what happened at Wrestlemania 33, U know its all scripted. It was Prob Taker's idea the way the match ended. I do wish they could've done something Special after his "Retirement" Loss. Like Maybe A Speach or a Special Homage where Everyone came out paying him Respect even though he didnt win. Something. Anything.
- I do miss miss the Big Dogs like Batista, The Rock, Stone Cold, Edge, Mysterio, FOLEY... etc. Its too bad, the extent of some of their Injuries. That was the Best Wrestling Era... In MY Opinion.
-Bryan was great! I liked him. Its too bad that his Injury will not allow him to continue his wrestling career.

Last edited:

or Log in using