News Ciampa Appears At TNA Tapings

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Legend
Former Ring of Honor talent Tommaso Ciampa appeared at today's TNA tapings as a member of the invading Global Force Wrestling roster. Ciampa left Ring of Honor earlier this year.

According to those in attendance, Ciampa's match will be aired on Xplosion, where he'll face Crazzy Steve. You can see a photo of his appearance below.
Source

Come to NXT, plzz!

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Rising Star
Looks like Ciampa is here to stay judging by the tapings. Trevor Lee too, but I hadn't heard of him before the GFW-TNA talent swap.

PJ Black is a bit part of the tapings, so is Brian Myers (formerly Curt Hawkings) and Chris Mordetzsky (formerly Chris Masters), but I'll try not to spoil anything.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Legend
Wait, Trevor Lee is in TNA now, too? Damn! I might have to start watching again, I'm a huge fan of both Ciampa and Lee (even though I'd prefer 'em in NXT, LUG or NJPW).

I mean, Lee is just so talented for his age, he's definitely one of my fave indy wrasslers.

Messiah

The Showoff
Banned
It should be great seeing him on a big stage like TNA. Ciampa is extremely talented, too bad that match is just for Xplosion.

• Disagree
Reactions: Majour

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Rising Star
I'd say TNA is a big stage as long as they stay on TV. And didn't one network want them, but only if they could join them half way through the year? Which TNA declined as they needed TV way earlier than that to survive. Hopefully they can strike another good deal. Didn't Destination America promise TNA multiple shows? Kinda sucked that they never even did Xplosion as a proper show.

Either way, yes, Trevor Lee will be apart of the GFW invasion.

Oh, and Ciampa will be on Impact, not just Xplosion, which is awesome.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Commissioner
I'd say TNA is a big stage as long as they stay on TV. And didn't one network want them, but only if they could join them half way through the year? Which TNA declined as they needed TV way earlier than that to survive. Hopefully they can strike another good deal. Didn't Destination America promise TNA multiple shows? Kinda sucked that they never even did Xplosion as a proper show.

Either way, yes, Trevor Lee will be apart of the GFW invasion.

Oh, and Ciampa will be on Impact, not just Xplosion, which is awesome.
Blind fan.

• LOL
Reactions: Nobody

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Legend
Weren't they in worse financial shape than TNA? Plus TNA has over 10 years brand exposure compared to what a year for LU?
I was thinking more out of a size of the show/quality context. I have no idea regarding their finances outside of neither promotion making money.

LU does have very vocal fans and the show has received a lot of praise in its one year of existence. The field below WWE is very crowded with ROH, TNA and LU chewing at the bits.

Then there's GFW but they don't even have a TV deal.

or Log in using

Latest Discussions