News Ciampa Appears At TNA Tapings

seabs

Mighty Morphin Power Ranger
Legend
I was thinking more out of a size of the show/quality context. I have no idea regarding their finances outside of neither promotion making money.

LU does have very vocal fans and the show has received a lot of praise in its one year of existence. The field below WWE is very crowded with ROH, TNA and LU chewing at the bits.

Then there's GFW but they don't even have a TV deal.
Quality is one thing but we're talking size of the project are Lucha really up there in that department?

Reactions: Random Hero

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Legend
Quality is one thing but we're talking size of the project are Lucha really up there in that department?
I think it was @Wacokid27 who said that most TV shows lose money in their first couple of years. And both El Rey and Lucha Underground have backers with a lot of money behind them. The head writer also said that they had 90% of the funding for what they had planned locked for season 2 so if they don't get the final 10 they'll just downsize it a little bit. LU is apparently a 7 year project for what it seems. Or 7 seasons at least.

seabs

Mighty Morphin Power Ranger
Legend
I think it was @Wacokid27 who said that most TV shows lose money in their first couple of years. And both El Rey and Lucha Underground have backers with a lot of money behind them. The head writer also said that they had 90% of the funding for what they had planned locked for season 2 so if they don't get the final 10 they'll just downsize it a little bit. LU is apparently a 7 year project for what it seems. Or 7 seasons at least.
But does that mean they're bigger right now? I enjoy the Lucha Underground project greatly but I can't say I'd put them above TNA in size at this moment.

Reactions: Random Hero

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Legend
But does that mean they're bigger right now? I enjoy the Lucha Underground project greatly but I can't say I'd put them above TNA in size at this moment.
Neither has paying crowds, neither tours (TNA are supposed to tour so I guess they get that one), TNA has PPV. LU gets more praise for quality, LU has an established international partnership with AAA. TNA seems to only be able to burn bridges it seems. I'd personally put them fairly even right now but everyone has their own way of looking at things I guess.

• Agree
Reactions: seabs

Nobody

The Beast
Banned
So we can all agree that currently in the marketing scheme of things, TNA > LU. Product wise i'm sure it isn't even close...but that isn't a realistic part of the argument for another year+, although TNA could get dropped anytime while LU seems to be a staple of the network.

or Log in using

Latest Discussions