Kayfabe Preview Show Democracy Rules: Neilson vs Keenan

Discussion in 'Royal Wrestling Kingdom' started by The Reagmaster, Jul 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

What Stipulation Should They Face In?

Poll closed Aug 5, 2017.
  1. Normal Singles Match

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 15-Minute Ironman Match

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Two-Out-Of-Three Falls

10 vote(s)
    71.4%
  1. [​IMG]
    A Perfect Display: Number One Contender's Match for the RWK Imperial Championship

Will Neilson (The British Supernova) @Sanic vs Tyler Keenan (The Global Brand) @Zap Kenobi

Rules

Only the competitors can post here.

You can promo outside the ring if you like. In-Ring promos are also available to you.
    Promos must be done by the 11:59 pm on August 4th British Time.
    Please don't post any OOC posts in here. Use the General Discussion thread for those posts.
    There is a 2 promo limit.

• Like Like x 1
  2. King of Kings
    --------------------------
    As the video finishes loading in, it cuts to an overlook of the end of a pier, namely the Santa Monica pier in California. It looks to be taken from a security camera view, an aerial shot that has come from an overlooking bridge or perhaps even a low helicopter view. The brown wood shines from down below, glistening and vibrant with a lovely colour in the midday sunlight. Matte green-coloured railings run along the very edges of the pier, giving visitors a safe outlook over the beautiful, rippling water that flows underneath it. The scene is tranquil, secure and safe, with no reason for anyone to be insecure and nervous about it.

Barely anyone seems to be around during this time, with a few families and couples dotted around different parts of the camera’s view. However, we focus on one person as they slowly walk into the shot itself, probably unaware of the filming that is going on around him. Cutting to a camera behind the man, we get a proper look at the outfit he is wearing. Dressed in a V-necked, plain grey t-shirt, black skinny jeans and Nike-branded high-top trainers, the man looks to be wearing an attire of expensive taste, as also shown by the Rolex watch and aviator sunglasses that he has also accessorized himself with.

Following the man from behind, we watch as he makes his way slowly and solemnly down the length of the pier, his hands tucked into the front pockets of his jeans as he walks with his head held high. Eventually sitting down on a bench at the very end of the pier, overlooking the vast abyss of blue below him. It is only then does the camera start to spin around, moving around the bench to reveal the man to be none other than Tyler Keenan, the recently returning RWK superstar.

Keenan, now suddenly aware of the camera that is now in front of him, smiles towards its lens and leans forwards so that his forearms are resting on his knees. Looking comfortable and relaxed in his current state, the Modern-Day Wordsmith purses his lips and then lets out an audible sigh, letting his shoulders drop.

“Four months ago, I never thought I would have reached this point in my career. In fact, the mountaintop I am currently climbing towards looked so far away that it looked unreachable. But, ladies and gentlemen, here I am. Still standing tall through the wars and the chaos that I have been through in the past year or so, the mental battles that I have had to fight just to just stay sane and in control. Here I am, presented with an opportunity to soar higher and higher than I have ever been before, to finally reach the mountaintop and get the chance to fight for the title that I have had my eyes set upon from the minute I signed on my contract’s dotted line.”

Folding his arms, Tyler looks past the camera and out towards the sky behind, his mind focusing on something else, as if he is contemplating.

“The chance to fight for the RWK Imperial Championship, to reach the pinnacle and to have your name written down in the history books, is something that I have wanted since the day I walked through the doors of this company’s headquarters and shook hands with the board of directors. It’s what I came to this company to do, what I came to achieve. The Imperial Championship is a man’s gateway to greatness, and I will be the next one along who achieves that greatness.”

Looking back to the camera once more, Tyler’s features darken.

“The only man standing in my way now, the one roadblock that has strategically placed itself in my way, is Will Neilson, the British Supernova.”

Furrowing his brow and shaking his head slowly, Tyler’s sights are set on Will Neilson. His new opponent is well and truly within his crosshairs.

“You see, Will, I didn’t lie when I confronted you. Not for a single second. I’ve watched you, I’ve researched you and I’ve studied you intently and thoroughly because I knew you were the one that I wanted to face, the one that I wanted to prove myself against. Now, I would be lying if I said that you were little more than a wannabe who thought he could make it to the big leagues, because that is so far from the truth. The actual truth, Will, is that you are indeed a seasoned competitor who I know truthfully will be one of the best competitors in the business. I watched you against Azrael, I watched you dismantle him and I watched you pin him for the victory like a true champion. Your future is bright, without a doubt.”

A smile breaks across the face of Tyler Keenan as he leans in once more.

“The only problem is, my friend, you’re no Tyler Keenan, and the one and only Tyler Keenan…is me.”

Breaking out into a small chuckle, Keenan continues to look at the camera as his laughter dies down into seriousness a few seconds after.

“When I look at you, Will, the main difference I see between us is that I’ve been to the mountaintop before, in a place that actually mattered. I’ve reached these heights and haven’t choked and I know that I can do it all over again, time and time again. The main question is, Will Neilson…can you? Can you prove to me that you’re as good as they all say you are? Can you prove to me that you can do all these amazing things that I’ve seen time and time again on a bigger stage that you’ve ever wrestled on before against a greater opponent than you’ve ever faced before? Something tells me that you can’t, and that something is the fact that you’ve never seen or faced anyone like Tyler Keenan before, not in your entire career.”

Clasping his hands together, Keenan smiles once more.

“There’s a difference between a regular competitor and Tyler Keenan, because I’m sure there’s something you don’t know. I’ve earned the nicknames that I use because they represent the ways that I can slowly dismantle you. The ways that I can take you and crush you until you are little more than ash and bones beneath my feet. You see, Will, first-rate manipulation is my middle name. It’s my namesake, it’s my mantra, because it is the one thing that I do that nobody can defeat. Ryan Vendetta couldn’t do it, the countless opponents I’ve left in my wake before you couldn’t do it. Will you do it, Will? Are you positively sure you can?”

Rising from the chair, the camera slowly pans to follow Keenan as he walks to the edge of the pier and leans upon the railings, staring out into the endless landscape in front of him. There’s a certain kind of tranquillity about it, a calmness.

“Like I said before, I’ve been watching you. I’ve been watching well, because I wanted to make sure I asked you something. How are your ribs, Will? Are they sore? Are they hurting? Because they sure looked painful from where I was standing. You’d better be careful, Will, because those ribs might become a main factor if you don’t look after them properly. If you don’t, I will dissect them, I will destroy them, I will take them and snap them one by one until you are begging and crying in the centre of the ring for the pain to end and for me, Tyler Keenan, to put you out of your misery once and for all.”

Turning back to the camera, Tyler glances for a second and grins.

“When we meet in the ring at Democracy Rules, Will, you will see the true Tyler Keenan. Not the one that you’ve seen on countless video tapes, not the one you’ve seen wrestle live from the audience, but the true man when he looks you dead in the eyes and convinces you that you’ve lost the moment you step through the ropes. There is no one on this Earth like Tyler Keenan, like me, because I am destined to be better. Better than you, better than Nick and better than the whole of the RWK because, whether you like it or not, I will be the one that walks out of that ring with his head held high, the one who will have his hand raised at the end of the night and the one who will hear the men and women within the audience cheering and chanting his name because I am the one and the only, the end and the beginning.”

Sitting back down where he had sat beforehand, Tyler scratches his chin and sighs.

“When it is all said and done, when the war is over and the battles have been fought, it is the truth that only one of us will rise upon that pedestal. As you gaze upon that destination, Will Neilson, when you look upon that pedestal, you will see these words appear: I am Ozymandias, king of kings: Look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair.”

Taking a moment of what seems to be reflection of some kind, Tyler bows his head and then raises it immediately, confident on what he is about to say. There is clarity in his eyes, a sense of knowing.

“When all of this is over, I want you to tell them yourself with your own eyes and mouth. Let it be known, my friend, that Ozymandias was I, Tyler Keenan, and my work, Will Neilson…was you.”

Grinning from ear-to-ear, Tyler Keenan lets out a chuckle as the screen slowly fades to black until we are left with nothing.

• Like Like x 4
  3. #3 Geek773, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    Due to a request by @Sanic, the deadline for this match has been extended by 24 hours to 11:59pm UK time, August 5th 2017. Best of luck to both competitors!

4. slaying the king

[​IMG]

The scene opens up on a pier of sorts, a long, vertical platform leading out to the ocean, which appears clear and reflects
    the sun in the sky, the sky itself a bright blue colour, with no clouds in sight. People walk by, not looking towards the
    ocean, but the path in front of them, apart from one. The individual jumps down onto the platform, and walks to the edge,
    pushing his hair aside. They sit down on the edge, feet nearly touching the water, and look onwards into the distance.
    The camera gets a better shot of them, it's RWK talent Will Neilson, and he is wearing a grey short sleeved jacket, the
    hood down, along with faded blue jeans and sneakers.

"I like coming here, it's a nice place to vent all of your frustrations, express your feelings and thoughts... and that's exactly why I am here. This card for Democracy Rules, it feels like it's missing something big, the Imperial Championship isn't even being defended, so they've pushed the European Championship to the main event spot. In my opinion, my match is
    the main event. Will Neilson vs. Tyler Keenan, and at the moment, it's looking like that it's going to be a 2/3 falls match.
    So technically, that's three matches in one, and I really don't mean to gloat here, but you've got two of the most talented
    guys on the roster fighting for the chance to become number one contender for the top prize in the company. Tyler has shown

what kind of a talent he is in the past, just watch his Hell in a Cell match with Ryan Vendetta, look at his past accomplishments. All of these factors, they add up to a top quality match, and that is exactly what is going to happen in Canada, at Democracy Rules, Will Neilson vs. Tyler Keenan, and if you thought my win against Azrael was a fluke, then this match will certainly show you a different view point on Walking Perfection himself."

Neilson still sits on the edge of the pier, now looking down at the water, his own reflection looking straight back at him.

"I guess it's all about proving myself, getting the respect of not only the fans, but Keenan's respect as well. Proving myself to be Imperial Championship material, so I can fight against the likes of Nick and El Pecador... and I made a promise to myself that I would reach that mountaintop in a 'place that actually mattered'. Tyler can talk about how he's researched all about me, but that won't get him far in the ring, oh, you know what my finishing maneuver is? You know that i'm right handed? You know that I can wrestle? Damn Tyler, some good research you've done there. However, I respect him for knowing my name and what I've done... even if it's in a 'place that doesn't matter', so he knows what I can bring to the table."

Will lifts his head up, looking into the sky, he pushes his hair back once again before looking back down into the water, but it isn't his
    reflection looking back at him, it's the RWK logo. Neilson looks at it with a straight face.

"A fresh start, a new leaf as they would say. Why do I want this? A matter of proving myself, and not to be confined to just 'that guy who did a lot of stuff in that other company', what matters is what I do in RWK, so Keenan can go on about the other company I work with, but when I'm here in RWK, that's what truly matters. Keenan, you can ask 20 questions about if I can prove myself, you're stealing my thing, trying to get in the opponent's head. It's impressive how you desire to be so much like me, and you say that you're the veteran? Come on Tyler, get your act together because you'll need to be in tip-top condition in order to fight such a talent like myself."

He looks up again, then back down where it displays a different reflection and that of an image of his match at Kings of the Empire, in
    his debut against Azrael. He smiles, thinking of his victory at the event.

"To think that it wasn't that long ago, wow. Props to Azrael though, he put up a real good fight and it was a great way to come into RWK so I'll say thanks to Mr. 'Angel of Death', good luck in that Lion's Crown match or whatever it's called. Back to the topic at hand, Tyler interrupted me after the match, went on about how RWK is the 'big leagues' and other stuff among that, but going to the whole 'big leagues' thing. I've already proven myself to be able to handle the 'big leagues' in defeating Azrael, who says that I can't do it again and defeat Tyler? The fact of the matter is that I know I can do it again, and after you it's onto the prize that I desire in the RWK Imperial Championship. Management know who I am, it's only my second match in the company and I've already got a chance to become Imperial Champion and yet you've been around quite a while. I know you'll go on about that other company you were in with Jordan, Vendetta, Young and others, and how you earned yourself a World title shot there, but in the same case with me and my other company, it's a whole new fresh start from here, so you may think I have to prove myself to you, but I believe that we have to prove ourselves to each other. The better man will emerge victorious at the end, and it doesn't matter if I have to pin you once in a normal match, twice in a 2/3 falls or even three times in an iron man match... and if that happens then it would be pretty obvious who the better man is."

Will looks up again, and across the ocean.

"A response to one of your many questions as well, my ribs are fine, and if I'm being honest here Tyler... I really wouldn't want you to dissect my ribs, they're fine right where they are. Ah yes, I can't wait to be 'begging and crying in the center of the ring', that's a real funny joke Tyler because I thought it'd be the other way round if you know what I'm saying? Begging for your Generation Global buddy to come out and save you from my onslaught? Crying after each Perfected Bullet that goes into your skull? What a sight to behold that would be. You're the same Keenan I saw at IWT Mania, the same Keenan I saw at Cold Day in Hell, but do I think that you'll be a pushover? Nah, I know you'll bring everything you to the table, and I'm going to be doing the same in order to create a match of epic proportions, a spectacle as people might like to put it."

Getting to his feet, Will reaches into his pocket and pulls out a pair of sunglasses and proceeds to place them on his head.

"There is no on Earth like you eh? That may be true, but who knows? All I get is that you're very confident going into this match, 'better than you, better than Nick and better than the whole of the RWk', it would be such a shame if I were to win at Democracy Rules and then those words would seem pretty stupid don't you think? If you're Ozymandias, king of kings... then I will be the one to slay the king, and reach my rightful place on top of the RWK throne."

Will slides the sunglasses over his eyes, and smiles as he looks into the distance. Neilson turns around and walks away, the camera fading
    to black.

Le Mentions - @Zap Kenobi

• Like Like x 3