Royal Rumble Fav. Rumble and Why?

Lackin

Full Time Procrastinator
Legend
I'm curious to know what other people's favourite Royal Rumble Match is and why?

Mine is the 2008 Rumble for a few reasons it had my favourite return/nostalgia trip with Snuka and Piper. The match wasn't too long think it only clocked 54 mins maybe, which I'm not a fan of matches going too long as I lose interest and with rumbles its mainly jobbers stretching the time out. It was held in MSG and had Michael Buffer so it felt grand/big. And when Cena returned 9yr old me was marking the fuck out.

[email protected]

The Game
Technician
Mine is 2010.

Shawn Michael's was brilliant in that match. Amazing storyline. Batista eliminating him is one of the best eliminations in royal Rumble history. Plus Edge won.

Am I the only one who loved 2017?

Reactions: Lackin

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
2006, Rey Mysterio was the reason why I got into wrestling in the first place, so to see him win from the #2 spot was incredible. Many people like to shit on it because of the Eddie stuff, but as a kid I didn't care and still don't. Makes it even better

Reactions: Lackin

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
95 & 96

Back to back wins for HBK & I just remember how fun it was watching when I was a kid because of how good they booked those 2 rumbles

-The pre match interviews
-The way they made it seem such a big deal to win, all the guys wanting it so bad.
-The cool spots like eliminating a twin & the ref not knowing which one, pam Anderson, Jake letting the snake out & everyone jumping out of the ring scared including King who hid underneath for the remainder of the match, 2 giants being eliminated at the same time
-the variety of stars that came out, wack of giants, different gimmicks, so fun!
-You didn't know what was going to happen!
-The announcers! They made it fun!
-Great finishes like the HBK one foot angle

-I also remember the year Vince won by eliminating Stone Cold & the I quit match with Rock/Mankind... a bunch of my school buddies were over & it's just a fun memory. When he said I quit I was like "That was a recording!" But nobody believed me lol

92 was awesome... for the same reasons I like 95 96 and ric flair of course. Alot of big names were in that.

Stone Cold as The Ringmaster
HBK
Taker
Hogan
Flair
HHH before he was the game
Macho
Bret
Piper
Bulldog
Jake

all in one match! Pretty neat. Then Flair wins after a long match for him when the title was on the line instead of the WM main event

The year Edge returned was a good Rumble. Very well booked.... lol punk with the Mic every time he got a chance in between eliminations.

Last edited:

or Log in using