NFL Favorite NFL Team?

Cam

Administrator
Chairman
Might as well create another very basic sports discussion topic.

What is your favorite NFL team? Why is it your favorite and how long have you been a fan?

My favorite team is the Steelers. While I’ve never even been to Pittsburgh, the Steelers are the team my family has been rooting for since they jumped on that bandwagon in the 70s. I live less than 30 minutes from where the Titans play, so you’ll me rooting for them as well.

How about you guys?

Geese

The Showoff
Hotshot
Oakland Raiders. I was a fan of the team since the '97 season when they had Jeff George as QB and Joe Bugel as the head coach. The running back was Napoleon Kaufman. They were awful, going 4 wins and 12 losses.

Last edited:
Reactions: J. C. Wilde

J. C. Wilde

The Tennessee Outlaw
Legend
When I watched NFL I had two favorites Oakland Raiders and Detroit Lions. Raiders was because I liked their colors and I liked how they played, and Lions was because they were my mom's team so.

Cam

Administrator
Chairman
Oakland Raiders. I was a fan of the team since the '97 season when they had Jeff George as QB and Joe Bugel as the head coach. The running back was Napoleon Kaufman. They were awful, going 4 wins and 12 losses.
The Raiders? Yuck.

I did like Rich Gannon like 17-18 years ago, but the Raiders haven't been relevant in a while. I thought bringing Gruden back in was hilarious.

When I watched NFL I had two favorites Oakland Raiders and Detroit Lions. Raiders was because I liked their colors and I liked how they played, and Lions was because they were my mom's team so.
member-the-0-16-lions.jpg

• LOL
Reactions: J. C. Wilde

Snowman

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Legend
Cleveland is a dumpster fire when it comes to all sports though.

Everything is looking up for the Ravens. Their offense is insane.
Can't lie I'm worried about next season (know boo hoo you could be a Raiders/Lions fan...) but hopefully the playoff hangover doesn't hit too hard.
I'm worried that this team is so loaded that they're going to get that 1st round bye then have really bad memories of these Lamar-era playoff chokejobs in the playoffs again.
Hopefully we get the 2 and mop the floor with the 7 and get that monkey off our backs this year.

As for the Steelers...if Ben is anything like who he was, oh boy is the division gonna be fun this year.
After the way THAT defense played last year? It's gonna be a fun series

Cam

Administrator
Chairman
Can't lie I'm worried about next season (know boo hoo you could be a Raiders/Lions fan...) but hopefully the playoff hangover doesn't hit too hard.
I'm worried that this team is so loaded that they're going to get that 1st round bye then have really bad memories of these Lamar-era playoff chokejobs in the playoffs again.
Hopefully we get the 2 and mop the floor with the 7 and get that monkey off our backs this year.

As for the Steelers...if Ben is anything like who he was, oh boy is the division gonna be fun this year.
After the way THAT defense played last year? It's gonna be a fun series
I just feel like Lamar is going to get hurt. He is ridiculously athletic and it’s scary how he embarrasses defenders, but those moves aren’t going to go his way every time.

I’m hopeful that Ben can finish his career with a John Elway type of finish, but I’m very doubtful. I really feel like he’s washed up at this point... and that’s terrifying since we’ve got Mason Rudolph as our next man up, with no plans to bring anyone else in. Not to mention all of the quality free agent talent that was available. Hell, Cam Newton is still up for grabs.

Snowman

Legend
I assume one of our teams may wind up picking him up (if there's ever a better QB for Baltimore if Lamar goes down)... or someone once a starter gets hurt.
Hell at this point the Saints may get a nice trade offer for Jameis
I figured it was a totally sure thing that Mariota or a second-tier FA was going to Pittsburgh. I can't imagine what they're thinking going with those two as backups again.

Cam

Administrator
Chairman
I assume one of our teams may wind up picking him up (if there's ever a better QB for Baltimore if Lamar goes down)... or someone once a starter gets hurt.
Hell at this point the Saints may get a nice trade offer for Jameis
I figured it was a totally sure thing that Mariota or a second-tier FA was going to Pittsburgh. I can't imagine what they're thinking going with those two as backups again.
I would have been delighted to have Mariota, especially since he went to Oakland just to be a backup. When Arizona shopped Rosen last year, I really wanted the Steelers to trade for him. While that trade hasn’t panned out in Miami, I think he’d do well in Pittsburgh.

But really, I’d love to have Jamie’s, Bridgewater, Cam, Bortles, Trubisky, etc. Any of them have more upside than the Rudolph/Duck combo.We know what we have with those guys. Game managers at best.

Snowman

Legend
I would have been delighted to have Mariota, especially since he went to Oakland just to be a backup. When Arizona shopped Rosen last year, I really wanted the Steelers to trade for him. While that trade hasn’t panned out in Miami, I think he’d do well in Pittsburgh.

But really, I’d love to have Jamie’s, Bridgewater, Cam, Bortles, Trubisky, etc. Any of them have more upside than the Rudolph/Duck combo.We know what we have with those guys. Game managers at best.
Bortles? Trubisky? I don't know if I'd go THAT low to pick them up over Mason Rudo......well yeah you have a point.
One Ben injury (or 2015 peyton season) and this division just got easy.
Matt Moore and Josh McCown seem like obvious pickups to me.

Cam

Administrator
Chairman
Bortles? Trubisky? I don't know if I'd go THAT low to pick them up over Mason Rudo......well yeah you have a point.
One Ben injury (or 2015 peyton season) and this division just got easy.
Matt Moore and Josh McCown seem like obvious pickups to me.
Any of those players have shown that they can manage games, especially Bortles. Mason Rudolph is a ticking time bomb.