Forum Updates 06/17/2017 - New Theme, Profile Covers

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by Solidus, Jun 17, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. As you can clearly see, we have a new theme! A light version is to follow very shortly.
    You'll find new member cards, profiles and other nice additions on here.
    This should be a great improvement to those of you on mobile devices.
    Please let me know if anything looks bad or out of place, there are a couple things I want to tweak, only minor though.

Also, you can now have a profile cover! Just go to your profile and select "Cover Editor".

cover.png

Your cover will be displayed in the sidebar, your member card, the off-canvas navigation for mobile devices and of course, your profile.

Enjoy!

• Like Like x 6
  2. Awesome!

• Like Like x 1
  3. I've been useing a Mobile phone. This will now make it alot easier for me to navigate the site.

4. This is amazing especially as a guy who use his phone on this site a lot.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. [​IMG]

Currently have the best cover on this site. #BrieMode

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Amazing! Much cleaner now, loving it. Will take some time to get used to tho but it's worth the effort :emoji_slight_smile:
    Thanks once again!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Overall, I like it. The font may need to get used to, but overall, I like it. Plus....Cover Pages....Just too bad my image is too big :emoji_slight_frown:

8. Yeah I spent like 15 minutes finding an image that would fit lol

9. i just googled cool cover photos and i got one. XD

10. So is there anyway for users who don't like this new mobile presentation of the site to switch back to the old classic version. If there's not (I didn't see one), I'm just one sap who's barely active and simple aesthetics aren't going to deter me from posting so it's not a big deal or anything, but I personally don't like this (I don't like the layout of big blocks, I don't like that the wrestling section gets color than everything is standard, I don't like that BTB breaks the pattern of two at a time [granted just having it as one square than a blank space would've been worse so kudos on the decision to extend it but the old version removes the problem completely], and then I really don't like how the all the things under "Site & Info" follow the BTB measurement despite their [I think if Announcements was going to be highlighted like it has been, then maybe it'd look if Suggestions & Ramps reverted to the big blocks, give some symmetry to the change], I also don't like the big gap into between user posts in threads) and my cellphone can barely run google. So mobile isn't really an option for me.

Profile Covers are definitely neat though, so that's a good consolation for me. I remember years ago that profile covers, or some equivalent, was able to be purchased I think with shop money, or perhaps it was just a feature that eventually got removed. I had Bianca Kajlich as mine, won't be her again but it happened. Right now, it's JoJo's. Though I would like to know what the ideal measurements are.

And just to clarify, I understand I'm the old curmudgeon who doesn't like the new sleek all the kids are into. I just felt that maybe it might be beneficial for others, or perhaps cathartic for myself, in order to air my own personal feelings. Also I want to know the ideal measurements for the profile covers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. No, there is no way to switch back. Unless this gets an overwhelmingly bad reception, this is the default theme for the foreseeable future.
    The main focus of the forum is wrestling, which is why those blocks are colored. As for the BTB breaking the pattern, I don't care for it much either, but it's the only way right now unless I make everything below wrestling 1x1.
    What gap are you talking about in between posts? What I see is quite small, perhaps 2px bigger than before.
    I'm still trying things out on this theme so things may change, maybe everything will be in a 2x2 grid, maybe nothing. We'll see what looks best.

12. Looks great man! Gonna find a cover for my profile!

• Like Like x 1
  13. I am a biiiiiiig fan of the new look. I personally don't spend much time on the front page so I'm not too bothered about it (although I do actually think it's an improvement), but stuff like the reply box, the new layout of thread posts, and that top bar... :emoji_heart_eyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. [​IMG]

Truly phenomenal...

• Like Like x 4
  15. I have increased the font size in posts and on the recent activity page.

16. [​IMG]

E-Fed Rep + Mudkip :emoji_heart:

17. So I like the overall design, but I'm not too hot on the colors on the main page. I would prefer just the normal for that. If you do keep the colors, I would change the color of the general wwe thread because I think that it is too close to the normal thread colors.