WrestleMania Goldberg vs. Reigns

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
So..... as I’m sure you’re all aware, old man withers is fighting, well, you guessed it! Roman Fucking Reigns in the main event of Mania 36 (if you try saying it won’t be the main event, you can go suck a nut) !

Any ways, despite my obvious disapproval of this match, let alone it being the main event, it’s happening, so let’s talk about it.

On the one hand, I’m beyond furious with WWE that had Oldberg not only beat The Fiend, but do so in a dominate insane fashion, but that they’re also just handing Reigns a main event when he literally didn’t win a fucking thing. He literally just walked out and took the main event spot of mania after doing nothing but battle Corbin for more dog food for over a year or something.

Despite all this, on the other hand, I get why Vince did this. It’s a paper booking kind of match. A “dream match” that will never happen again. “Spear vs spear...... blah blah.” Vince I guess made a last minute call for the fiend to lose and stated that spear vs spear is more marketable than roman vs the fiend. As much as I hate Vince sometimes, to a point, I get why he did it. The question is was this path still really needed?

All in all, I don’t like how this went down. Hell, I’d even venture to say that the spear vs spear isn’t more marketable given the fact that Roman and bray (top merchandise seller right now) would’ve been plenty marketable enough as it is. As long as the feud was done right, it would’ve been huge. The only thing is that the fiend would’ve for sure lost and the crowd prob would’ve still booed reigns out of the building, despite WWE’s best efforts to keep reigns being cheered for, even taking advantage of his cancer.

Again, either way, I’m still pissed Vince went this route. Bray worked his ass off, surpassed reigns, Cena and AJ in merchandise, and he gets speared by the old man and loses as a thank you. I mean... the fuck? Granted, at least bray is still in one of the 4 “main events,” I just feel like they kind of pulled a CM Punk thing on him and had him not get the main event for really no reason except what Vince “wants” to see.

Oh well, please post your thoughts, predictions, and whatever about this match here. Thanks all!

ThePhenom97

The Last Outlaw
Hotshot
I feel the only reason we're having this match is because The Rock didn't come and face Roman.

We all pretty much know that.

The thing is with me I don't want to see Roman main event with a guy who only does Spears and jackhammers the entire match nowadays.

They should have let Bray won and face Sting at WM for the Title.

Sting admitted he would have loved to have worked with Bray.

We should have that match booked right after he said that.

But due to Vince and his out of date booking we will never have such a thing

If not Sting then Cena

Snowman

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Legend
Positivity post.
I'm glad it's the main event...why? Because the ME of Wrestlemania means the crowd is done by the time you come on. Give Brock vs Drew a chance over in the middle of the show, like Kofi and Bryan was last year.
I actually think the match itself will be good. Reigns is randomly the best opponent for Goldberg. 3 minutes, spam your finishers, have frantic action, hit the showers.

However every other criticism is warranted, but... a little misguided. It doesn't matter if the young talent get pushes if they don't get stories.

• Applause
Reactions: Yuki Kuran

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis...
Legend
Another attempted Wrestlemania Coronation by the WWE for the Plank of Wood...
but this time its in his home town against Bill Oldberg...so it appears "Senile" Vince
will finally get that positive live audience reaction he's been chasing for...what...
6 years now?

You know...I've never given Roman a free pass because of his past health issues &
the fact he's spent the last 6 months wrestling the most unlikable prat on the entire
roster shows me that the WWE is still so pathetically desperate to make Reigns the
"Face of the Company" & while I wish no ill will towards Roman himself...I hope the
WWE fails...AGAIN.

On the other hand we have Drew McIntyre (another one of Vince's Chosen Ones)
going up against Broke Le$nar...who hopefully drops the World title & retires from
the WWE after putting Drew over.

I no longer watch any wrestling at all & Wrestlemania 36 does not make me want to
start again.

(Although I hope Liv Morgan has another sexy, new outfit to wear...that girl is lush!)

In fact the only match I'm curious about is Becky/Shayna...simply because its actually
an unpredictable match because of the length of Becky's reign & Shayna being booked
as...well someone who will choke a bitch out & bite them if need be.

I will be very surprised if Shayna goes over because it would (in my opinion) be a mistake
as she would basically achieve the highest goal possible for a female performer on the
RAW/SDL roster after being around for all of 5 minutes.

I honestly believe its just going to be another predictable, overly long show (if it actually
happens) with the possibility of many matches ending in the worst possible way for the
company going forward.

I have already stated this in another thread...but my gut tells me the results will be
tailored to appeal the "casual, mainstream & nostalgic" audience. Meaning its most likely
that the Undertaker, John Cena & Charlotte will all be going over...even though they most
definitely should not.

As far as Oldberg vs. Plank of Wood...I couldn't care less...but I did care enough to voice
my disgust...and if that makes me a bad person in your eyes...then I'm happy to be the
bad guy.

Reactions: edge4ever

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
but this time its in his home town against Bill Oldberg...so it appears "Senile" Vince
will finally get that positive live audience reaction he's been chasing for...what...
6 years now?

You know...I've never given Roman a free pass because of his past health issues &
the fact he's spent the last 6 months wrestling the most unlikable prat on the entire
roster shows me that the WWE is still so pathetically desperate to make Reigns the
"Face of the Company" & while I wish no ill will towards Roman himself...I hope the
WWE fails...AGAIN.

going up against Broke Le$nar...who hopefully drops the World title & retires from

I no longer watch any wrestling at all & Wrestlemania 36 does not make me want to
start again.

(Although I hope Liv Morgan has another sexy, new outfit to wear...that girl is lush!)

In fact the only match I'm curious about is Becky/Shayna...simply because its actually
an unpredictable match because of the length of Becky's reign & Shayna being booked

I will be very surprised if Shayna goes over because it would (in my opinion) be a mistake
as she would basically achieve the highest goal possible for a female performer on the

I honestly believe its just going to be another predictable, overly long show (if it actually
happens) with the possibility of many matches ending in the worst possible way for the
company going forward.

I have already stated this in another thread...but my gut tells me the results will be
tailored to appeal the "casual, mainstream & nostalgic" audience. Meaning its most likely
that the Undertaker, John Cena & Charlotte will all be going over...even though they most
definitely should not.

As far as Oldberg vs. Plank of Wood...I couldn't care less...but I did care enough to voice
my disgust...and if that makes me a bad person in your eyes...then I'm happy to be the
bad guy.
Do
You think Vince is really gonna let Goldberg win?

• Wow
Reactions: Grievous 3D

ThePhenom97

The Last Outlaw
Hotshot
I truly don't know what to expect if Goldberg wins which I extremely doubt.

I can most likely tell what is going to happen all year.

Since The Fiend suffered his first lost, once Reigns wins at WM, him and Fiend will be in a back and forth rivalry all year!

Win loss, win loss.

So prepare for a repetitive ride. Because All they want right now is for Reigns to like Strong after he beats Goldberg so he can face The Fiend

Snowman

Legend
6 years now?

WWE fails...AGAIN.

start again.

company going forward.

definitely should not.

bad guy.
I figure the reaction will be "oh thank God, the show's over, lets beat traffic on outta here"

• Agree
Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Legend
I know that’s why I’m asking.
Oh...Okay.

I think American Based Professional Wrestling needs to be more unpredictable...
but Reigns & McIntyre going over at Wrestlemania 36 needs to happen with both
Le$nar & Oldberg hopefully retiring for good.

While I may not watch the WWE anymore...I do want them to move forward as
a company & having Roman & Drew as Champions on RAW & SDL does that.

Like I said...my main concerns are for Styles, Wyatt & Rhea Ripley because all
three NEED to win their Wrestlemania matches...but my gut tells me all three
are going to be defeated by opponents who do not need to win...but probably
will because its "Biggest & Most Mainstream" Show of the Year.

Grievous 3D

Legend
So.....This isn’t happening anymore.

So...

Firstly I hope every WWE performer stays safe & healthy during this time...
and Roman is no exception to that. I don't hate the man...I only hate his
(lack of) character & booking.

HOWEVER...

This makes Goldberg going over the Fiend even more worthless & pointless...
& I can't help but start laughing again....so if you'll excuse me...I need to make
a start on that.

The Reagmaster

Guardian of Light, Ryan Satin of WWEF
Legend
So.....This isn’t happening anymore.

Update: According to good old Meltzer, Roman Reigns has been replaced with Braun Strowman. WWE/Reigns have made no comments about any of this but it's probably gonna addressed tonight on Smackdown.

Snowman

Legend
Update: According to good old Meltzer, Roman Reigns has been replaced with Braun Strowman. WWE/Reigns have made no comments about any of this but it's probably gonna addressed tonight on Smackdown.
Glad there's a Smackdown left for an angle... I was actually looking forward to the match, but this has more swerves than Russo. It's so weird and frantic and if this shit is what it takes to put the belt on Strowman, I'm good with it for randomness alone. Plus Fiend vs champ Strowman afterwards, with Wyatt's most successful member of the family being the piece of Wyatt's past and making him bitter? Nice.

I hope the roster's safe and healthy though. All these guys being sent home worries me

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Vince McMahon is such a FUCKING idiot for letting this go on.

I really hope this moron gets covid and fucks off for ever

There's literally no reason to go forward & every reason not to go forward

• Disagree
Reactions: edge4ever