How come The Rock has never wrestled in another wrestling promotion other than the WWE ?

jminter2698

The Artiste
Contender
Why didn't The Rock wrestle somewhere else when he felt like he had nothing else to accomplish in the WWE ? He only wrestled in the WWE for 8 years from 1996 to 2004 and when he started doing movies, he left wrestling behind altogether because he said he had nothing else to do in the business. If The Rock thought he was bigger than wrestling, why didn't he try to expand his wrestling career outside of the WWE like all of the other wrestlers did before him ?

Brockster

Art The Clown
Legend
Because they made him a huge fucking star and paid him a lot of money, so I think that's why he stayed loyal to WWE. I also think when he finally left the WWE for Hollywood there was no more WCW or big wrestling promotion and he would never have gone to a smaller company like TNA or ROH, it would've hurt his reputation.

Last edited:
Reactions: edge4ever

Antos_87

Jobber
Jobber
There has been nobody big enough to pay The Rock to wrestle at any point since 2004. WWE paid him millions to wrestle and it was more his choice to come back.

Even AEW couldn’t afford him as it wouldn’t make business sense for them.

Reactions: Brockster

Geese

The Showoff
Hotshot
Hollywood was paying him tens of millions of dollars to star in movies. The Rock isn't going to sign for ROH at one-tenth that amount of money, wrestle twenty minute matches, take dangerous bumps, and work 250 shows a year when he could become a Hollywood Actor and only have to work 13-20 weeks a year. It doesn't make economic sense for The Rock to wrestle anymore.

• Agree

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Because he’s one of the highest paid and most well respected stars in WWE, which is still the largest entity for wrestling on the planet, so why go to any other promotion ever?

• Applause

Killer Orange Cat

Quiet You
Chairman
He toyed with the idea of going to TNA once, but it was just a ruse to use in his contract negotiation with WWE. Even during the times he hasn't wrestled before coming back, he maintained a contract with WWE because he and they co-owned the name "The Rock." However, now that he doesn't use it anymore (although everyone still calls him that), I am not aware if he keeps the contract with WWE.

jminter2698

The Artiste
Contender
He toyed with the idea of going to TNA once, but it was just a ruse to use in his contract negotiation with WWE. Even during the times he hasn't wrestled before coming back, he maintained a contract with WWE because he and they co-owned the name "The Rock." However, now that he doesn't use it anymore (although everyone still calls him that), I am not aware if he keeps the contract with WWE.
Dwayne stopped using The Rock in his movies because his agents told him to stop using it if he wanted to be taken seriously as an actor in Hollywood. Rock had to distance himself from wrestling in order to do that but he realized he was alienating the WWE fans who supported him during his wrestling career which made him a star in the first place. So he stopped associating himself with those people in Hollywood that were telling him to drop his wrestling image then returned to wrestling in 2011 and promised to never abandon it or the fans who made him successful ever again.

• Disagree
Reactions: Killer Orange Cat

Super Saiyan Goku

I Am The Hope Of The Universe!
Legend
Killer Orange Cat Killer Orange Cat I am curious if he shares it with Don Muraco since Don Muraco had the name to and had it before The Rock.

or Log in using

Latest Discussions