How do you access WWEF?

• Other (time machine, maybe?)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cam

Administrator
Chairman
Hey guys,

I'm just curious how everyone accesses WWEForums.net. One of the awesome features of this particular style and the XenForo software in general is how mobile friendly it is, so I'm curious if there is anyone strictly accessing this community through their cell phone?

I've attached a poll where you can vote on what you are using to access WWEF. You can select multiple options, so if you are someone that is accessing WWEF in multiple ways, please try and reflect that in your voting. I'd really like to get a better idea of how everyone roles.

Also, I'd like to hear what your primary device is for browsing WWEF?

Solidus

eXit
Chairman
I see that there's an option for "app" in the pole. Is that just referring to TapaTalk, or did you have some sort of dedicated app for WWEF at one point in time?
We were using Tapatalk BYO for a while so we had a dedicated app available in the stores.

Cam

Administrator
Chairman
We were using Tapatalk BYO for a while so we had a dedicated app available in the stores.
Back when I was using phpBB a number of years ago, TapaTalk had a well known reputation for security vulnerabilities, so I've never used their services at all.

Why did you stop using TapaTalk? I'm sure it was pricy?

Solidus

eXit
Chairman
$10 a month. It was rarely used and they are always privacy issues with them.
Better choice is to convert a PWA into an app and put those in the stores.

Cam

Administrator
Chairman
$10 a month. It was rarely used and they are always privacy issues with them.
Better choice is to convert a PWA into an app and put those in the stores.
I'll have to look into that.

I've used ForumApps, but they dramatically spiked their pricing structure. Not to mention the app wasn't that great to begin. Very buggy.

I was also just looking at this. I was playing with the app demo yesterday, and I was really impressed by it. It's by that developer that provides terrible support though. Same guy that makes one of the Social Groups add-ons.

Solidus

eXit
Chairman
None of the apps are any good.
The mobile site works great, so getting in the app store would be for user reach more than anything.
You can use Appmaker to convert the PWA currently in use to an .apk then you have to modify it in Android Studio, build a signed release file and then publish on Google Play.

The Wolf Priestess

Guardian of WWEF
Hotshot
Hey guys,

I'm just curious how everyone accesses WWEForums.net. One of the awesome features of this particular style and the XenForo software in general is how mobile friendly it is, so I'm curious if there is anyone strictly accessing this community through their cell phone?

I've attached a poll where you can vote on what you are using to access WWEF. You can select multiple options, so if you are someone that is accessing WWEF in multiple ways, please try and reflect that in your voting. I'd really like to get a better idea of how everyone roles.

Also, I'd like to hear what your primary device is for browsing WWEF?
The only way I'm able to get on here is through my Samsung Galaxy J7 V Cellphone. And I use Chrome. (Incognito mode)

Jeffry Fucking Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
LDW Management
MacBook can fuck off, as can any Apple product. But my laptop or phone. On my phone I use the Chrome thing that lets me have it as a separate icon so that it's almost like an app. Dunno what that's called but I'm sure you know what I'm talking bout

Reactions: The Wolf Priestess

Cam

Administrator
Chairman
For....Reasons... I'm always extra careful this days..... 😐
If you're doing secret stuff, I'd recommend getting a VPN.

MacBook can fuck off, as can any Apple product. But my laptop or phone. On my phone I use the Chrome thing that lets me have it as a separate icon so that it's almost like an app. Dunno what that's called but I'm sure you know what I'm talking bout
I'm using a Macbook right now.

or Log in using

Latest Discussions