News I think Hogan is taking credit for Undertaker’s career in WWE?

Wrestling News

The People's Champion
Legend

WWE.com

WWE has been celebrating the Undertaker’s 30 year career, leading up to his final farewell this past Sunday at Survivor Series 2020. Many of Undertaker’s peers appeared at the event, including Mick Foley, Kevin Nash, and Ric Flair.

Hulk Hogan is one wrestler who was not there. His absence was expected. After all, Undertaker describes Hogan as a guy who tried to sabotage his career early on. There’s also the fact that we’re in the middle of a global pandemic, and 67 year old Hulk Hogan shouldn’t be going to WWE Thunderdome right now.

Tons of wrestlers paid tribute to Undertaker on social media, and Hulk Hogan did so as well. Here is his tweet:

Amazing career the Undertaker has had,30yrs of Main Events and always was nothing but money,I will never forget Taker on the set of Suburban Commando,I told him Vince needs to meet you,30 awesome years brother HH

— Hulk Hogan (@HulkHogan) November 23, 2020

It’s very possible that Hogan is offering a harmless gesture of respect and that I’m just being a grumpy cynic here. But given Hogan’s past lies, exaggerations, revisionist history, and spotlight-hogging, I’m drawn to the suggestion that he may have played a role in setting Vince McMahon up with the Undertaker. Perhaps the Hulkster isn’t trying to take his share of the spotlight with this tweet, but can you really blame my skepticism when it comes to Hulk Hogan?

If Hogan meant nothing by it, then I owe him an apology. But if Hogan is using Undertaker’s farewell as a way to pat himself on the back for the beginning of Undertaker’s career in WWF, well, I’ll just let the Iron Sheik take it from here:

HULK HOGAN YOU ARE WORSE THAN THE NFC EAST. MUCH WORSE.

— The Iron Sheik (@the_ironsheik) November 22, 2020

Continue reading...

or Log in using

Latest Discussions