Impact Impact wants to bring Vince Russo back

Geese

The Showoff
Hotshot
Impact is in talks with bringing back Vince Russo for its TNA: There's No Like Home show on April 3rd. It states, "there seems to be the idea that if they do bring him in, it would stir up so much negativity that it would actually help the business of the show because people would be more aware of the date and time of the event."

Last edited:

Kairi HoHo

Wildheart
Legend
Impact is in talks with bringing back Vince Russo for its TNA: There's No Like Home show on April 3rd. It states, "there seems to be the idea that if they do bring him in, it would stir up so much negativity that it would actually help the business of the show because people would be more aware of the date and time of the event."

Well people are talking hard already about the Reunion Show, so it be a dice roll to see if it helps or hurts the Show. I think if he comes back let him get his ass kicked like Pete Rose from Kane.

Jeffry Fucking Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
LDW Management
It would be fuckin' awful. If Impact brings him back it means nobody is buying the show and they're desperate to sell tickets.
I love Russo and his time in TNA is pretty unforgettable. For a show like this, I doubt anyone is basing their ticket buying judgement on whether he's there or not. I just think it's be cool to see, especially if it leads to something more long term

Geese

The Showoff
Hotshot
I love Russo and his time in TNA is pretty unforgettable. I just think it's be cool to see, especially if it leads to something more long term
Unforgettably shitty. If Vince Russo returns I hope it's a one-shot deal and he never gets involved in anything long-term ever again.

Last edited:

Jeffry Fucking Mason

LDW Management
Unforgettably shitty. Let's hope if Vince Russo returns it's only a one-shot deal and he never gets involved in anything long-term ever again.
Vince Russo has a great mind for the business, and a lot of the things that people have loved or remembered most about TNA are things he came up with or helped come up with. And for people like you who apparently were never fans of his in the first place, he doesnt seem like the same Russo that everyone remembers him being. Hes done a lot of maturing and is actually wanting the best for wrestling, unlike certain pieces of shit like Cornette

Reactions: The Reagmaster

Geese

The Showoff
Hotshot
Vince Russo has a great mind for the business, and a lot of the things that people have loved or remembered most about TNA are things he came up with or helped come up with. And for people like you who apparently were never fans of his in the first place, he doesnt seem like the same Russo that everyone remembers him being. Hes done a lot of maturing and is actually wanting the best for wrestling, unlike certain pieces of shit like Cornette
Russo says he's matured, he's a born again Christian, he's evolved, but whenever he returns it's the same exact shock TV whenever he's involved in a wrestling show. I doubt there was any improvement whatsoever in TNA when he was a writer. Shock, shock, and more shock. The Russo formula on how to write a wrestling show.

Last edited:

Jeffry Fucking Mason

LDW Management
Russo says he's matured, he's a born again Christian, he's evolved, but whenever he returns it's the same exact shock TV whenever he has he's involved in a wrestling show. I doubt very much there was any improvement whatsoever in TNA when he was a writer. Shock, shock, and more shock. The Russo formula on how to write a wrestling show.
It's really not, though. The only time that he really uses nothing but shock in his fantasy booking scenarios anymore is for comedy value, because he is able to laugh at himself. If you read his second book, or listen to any of his podcasts, or any of that, I think you'd see that the Vince Russo of today is a lot more capable of writing wrestling shows that can be enjoyed by the modern masses.

Geese

The Showoff
Hotshot
The only time that he really uses nothing but shock in his fantasy booking scenarios anymore is for comedy value, because he is able to laugh at himself. If you read his second book, or listen to any of his podcasts. I think you'd see that the Vince Russo of today is a lot more capable of writing wrestling shows that can be enjoyed by the modern masses.
If he was capable, he would still be working in the business right now. He had nine months to turn around Nitro and all he was remembered for was putting the title on David Arquette. He returned briefly to write for WWE and had an argument with Stephanie McMahon and wanted her gone. Like Vince McMahon is going to fire his own daughter. And didn't Russo come up with the tag team The Johnsons? Another reason why he should never be allowed to write for a wrestling show.

Jeffry Fucking Mason

LDW Management
No, the reason why he's not working in the business right now is because of his past reputation. I believe he did do a lot of good for WCW and had a lot of good ideas during that time, unfortunately he didn't have complete control and his ideas didn't always translate well to the screen. Iirc, Vince McMahon still wanted to keep Russo around after that, but they felt they couldn't make it work because a large number of the other writers didn't want to work with him or hear his ideas. Russo spoke his mind on the situation, and at that time he was probably right with thinking that Steph shouldn't be writing. The Johnsons were nearly 20 years ago. It was more acceptable at the time, and a big part of early TNA was just being as edgy as possible. Obviously I'm not gonna change your opinion, because it seems like you've had your mind made up about Russo for a long time now. But I feel like, if nothing else, Vince Russo was at the very least a rather good on screen character, and I think seeing someone like him in modern day could be one of the more refreshing non-wrestler nostalgia acts that gets brought back.

or Log in using

Latest Discussions