Impressions, Ideas & Inquisitions about: Baron Corbin

Discussion in 'General WWE' started by King Of Armageddon, Aug 22, 2017.

1. WWE Forums is giving away a copy of WWE 2K18 for any platform! More info: WWE 2K18 Giveaway (PS4, Xbox One, Steam)
  1. So this is bad timing but I'm bored and wanted to continue these open threads on each individual wrestler on both Raw & Smackdown Live.

Please feel free to use my format or your own, just make sure to provide all of your "Impressions, Ideas & Inquisitions" in the post. Also, you can comment or reply to each others post but include your "I, I & I" first. Okay so here are my own "Impressions, Ideas & Inquisitions" about Baron Corbin:

Impressions: The first time Isaw Baron Corbin's entrance I was convinced that this guy was going to EASILY climb to the top. I remember saying to one of my friends, "that could be the next Undertaker right there....IF WWE develop him right.". I got to see him perform in his first match on one of the main shows and I was impressed even more from that moment on. I don't know if he had to do a lot of change since he came from NXT but right then it was all working in his favor. The guy had the right type of music, the right type of look, the perfect moniker as "The Lone Wolf" and the moves he do are impactful. So I waited and waited to see when the guy would get his proper moment to shine, I mean he had some good matches especially with Ziggler & the small feud with Dean Ambrose. Everything was going right up until after he won The Money In The Bank briefcase. Here's why I state right "after he won The Money In The Bank briefcase" because usually the superstars who receive the briefcase, they also get the spotlight as well. It's not hard for them to sell themselves as a threat as long as they have the case and tease/threaten to use it. When Baron Corbin won the briefcase to earn a World Championship match (since I don't think WWE is going to offer the Universal title as well), WWE didn't give him enough moments to go out there and intervere in matches especially the ones with the World champ, Jinder Mahal. Although, there were a few moments where Baron Corbin got to use the case on his opponent and tease other superstars, he wasn't in the champ's face like he should have been week after week after week. There is no reason why this wrestler (with the talent and skills he has) should be withheld in becoming the major issue for the champ whomever he is. Needless to say, I saw that WWE was basically ignore this guy and the opportunity to provide an interesting story and the possibly soon Championship match. When they finally do give Corbin the greenlight to shine (after losing to Nakamura at the previous Pay-Per-View), they pit him against John Cena, the very best superstar in the company overall. Now this match could either put Baron Corbin over for good OR.....it could bury him and strip away all the hard work he had recently done. I'm still unclear on the details on the behind the scene of things but all of sudden the last week before Summerslam, WWE have him come out with his briefcase and attack John Cena then he goes to cash it in while Jinder Mahal was laid out, only to be distracted by Cena and rolled up from behind for the pin?!? This astounded and confused most of the fans including myself. Why was this happening?? Maybe at Summerslam, he gets to win the match against Cena at least or something. Well bad luck struck again, as John Cena did what John Cena does best and that's beat other wrestlers effortlessly while repeating most of his moves routine. This was just downright upsetting and unnecessary, I really don't understand what the problem(s) is/are for this guy to be underutilized by WWE.

Ideas:
    WWE altered his entrance all together............why I have no clue?? If anybody have an answer based on the actual reasoning, please post it on here. They also altered his ring attire which isn't that bad but again, WHY?? "If it ain't broke, don't fix it.....VINCE!!" I thought they would have left him as this dark heel that could eventually team up with another dark heel like Bray Wyatt (when he was on SDL) or Randy Orton (if he was a heel again). I wanted them to make him as destructive as when he ambushed Ambrose backstage, I wanted them to keep going darker and darker like they do with Bray's promo. It just seems like WWE don't know what to do or how to manage all the talent on their roster so we suffer with dumbass decisions that lead to even more idiotic conclusions.

Inquisitions:
    I already asked about the change in appearance but I'll indulge with the questions again. WHY DID THEY CHANGE HIS ENTRANCE ESPECIALLY THE MUSIC?!?? Why are they making all the WRONG changes for Baron Corbin?? Is he ever going to be put in actual serious situation that pay off long term???? WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY DOING WITH BARON CORBIN??

WWE should be ashamed of the bullshit they do and the waste of time they provide us. I know they don't care but hey THAT'S PROBABLY WHY YOU HAVING FINANCIAL STRUGGLES, ASSHOLES!!!!!

2. I was really hoping the WWE would push Corbin this year but...
    ~ He was easily eliminated in the Elimination Chamber...
    ~ He failed to make the main card at Wrestlemania & lost to Ambrose...
    ~ Basically did nothing till he claimed the MitB briefcase...
    ~ Had a terrible pay per view match with Nakamura...
    ~ Was given a bland new entrance theme...when his old one was perfect...
    ~ Wasted his MitB briefcase in the worst way possible...
    And
    ~ Lost to Cena at SummerSlam...

Clearly the plug has been pulled on whatever push Corbin
    was getting.

Its a shame to...as he has so much potential...but now...
    He's just Moron Corbin.

3. I tried to watch Summerslam, but couldn't make it through that first match. That amount of bullshit I simply could not sit through and I hated watching this guy to through this and hated Cena for being a part of it and...

Anyway on-topic, I thought Rusev was a one-note mediocre big man with little going for him when he hit the Cena wall too, and even a few months later he started showing a LOT of potential talent-wise to be something. Keep tweaking around and find something, don't do this!

• Informative Informative x 1
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted