Boxing Is Bare Knuckle too violent?

Geese

The Showoff
Hotshot
As the article states the Bare Knuckle FC 5 main event between Artem Lobov and Jason Knight was "captured and later savvily edited by the marketing department, showcased 10 minutes of blood-pumping, teeth shattering strikes. Lobov had his hand raised but left the bout with swollen gashes scattered around his bald head."

From 18th century to this day: Understanding the brutal world of bareknuckle boxing

Is Bare Knuckle taking combat sports to a whole new level of violence?

Last edited:

akapablo_

Chicken Nugget Aficionado
Legend
It's for sure violent as hell, but if that's your thing, go for it. I like seeing that shit go down, it's a good adrenaline rush

Solid Snake

ɪɴғɪɴɪᴛᴇ ᴄᴀᴛ ʟɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
Chairman
I think it is too violent to be broadcasted but if you wanna go see it live and enjoy it, more power to you. I don't even like standard boxing or MMA because it gets too bloody.

Reactions: Brockamura

Ovaldinho

Oval Is A Moron
Banned
Not for me, but as long as those getting involved know the risks then it's their choice to make. If there's a market for it being promoted on PPV then good luck to those involved. There should be the sufficient regulation and vetting though, if bare knuckle fighting becomes lucrative then the worst kind of business people could and likely will get their grubby mitts involved and things would subsequently turn dark if there isn't regulation in place to best prevent that influence

Brockamura

Legend
Legend
Not for me, but as long as those getting involved know the risks then it's their choice to make. If there's a market for it being promoted on PPV then good luck to those involved. There should be the sufficient regulation and vetting though, if bare knuckle fighting becomes lucrative then the worst kind of business people could and likely will get their grubby mitts involved and things would subsequently turn dark if there isn't regulation in place to best prevent that influence
I would think they already took the precautions before even starting hosting these kind of events, but I don't know...

Ovaldinho

Oval Is A Moron
Banned
I would think they already took the precautions before even starting hosting these kind of events, but I don't know...
I would hope so, but many booming industries are quickly funded by men who use that as justification to get involved in a troublesome manner. Just hope the promoters don't bite off more than they can chew

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Lol I thought I had created a thread earlier earlier this year for BKFC.. unfortunately it got no replies :emoji_slight_frown:

But I love the sport! Btw breaking news yesterday, they'll be having a rematch next month at bkfc 9!! Lobov vs knight 2!

This month at bkfc 8 itll be bigfoot Silva vs gabriel Gonzales. And julian lane vs Alers. 2 great fights!

Carnage Carlson

The Artiste
Contender
As the article states the Bare Knuckle FC 5 main event between Artem Lobov and Jason Knight was "captured and later savvily edited by the marketing department, showcased 10 minutes of blood-pumping, teeth shattering strikes. Lobov had his hand raised but left the bout with swollen gashes scattered around his bald head."

From 18th century to this day: Understanding the brutal world of bareknuckle boxing

Is Bare Knuckle taking combat sports to a whole new level of violence?
In MMA gloves are meant to protect a fighters hands not the opponents face. On an episode of sports science it's been proven a bare knuckle punch produces the same amount of force as a punch from someone wearing an MMA glove. Furthermore elbows leave far nastier gashes then bare knuckles do. Also, kicks and knees deliver far more force then punches do. Take this information however you like. I personally don't watch bare knuckle boxing because most of the competitors are thugs who can't actually fight look at what happened to Kimbo when the UFC signed him. Besides look at the old UFC which was bare and the guys could actually fight, you had people literally getting their teeth knocked out. Then there's pride were people could get soccer kicked and get the shit stompped out of them, so what's really more violent here?

Reactions: Gman003 and Geese

22_22

Jobber
Jobber
I thought we underwent civilisation? Why do things like this still exist? It is too violent for me and reminds me of old school blood sports. This is not what sport is for me. I do not understand what is so enjoyable at it, or what goes through the athletes' minds to want to participate in it.

or Log in using

Latest Discussions