Is Extreme Rules Ironic?

Snowman

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Legend
Totally agree, I always said they should get rid of every gimmick PPVs. Hell in a Cell, TLC, Extreme Rules, etc. Just have those matches happen once in a while on different PPVs like it used to be.
As crazy as it sounds... I disagree.

Love having Elimination Chamber being the sports-centric "second chance" for the Wrestlemania main event. If they can capitalize on it feeling like nfl week 17 that would be cool

TLC... I'm kinda okay with that being more of a spectacle (it even was with the original tag team triangle TLC matches) and less of a feud ender. That PPV is useless almost every year, so...may as well not kill the one thing it has going for it.

MITB should definitely be its own PPV. WM doesn't need it and that PPV has become similar to a second Royal Rumble.

HIAC is......sadly too late. Can't end feuds in this thing anymore after the last few years.

Extreme Rules, I have no strong feelings one way or the other but I totally agree with y'all's statements.
(Always thought having plenty of other "blowoff match" stipulations kept this PPV okay, but as soon as I hear Extreme Rules I think "ahh, so another filler show, cool")

[email protected]

The Game
Technician
Gimmick ppvs where the gimmick is centred around a match stipulations that is best served in a intense rivalry should not be ppv gimmicks.

I have no problem with extreme rules as a ppv. An extreme themed ppv is fine by me

[email protected]

The Game
Technician

Love having Elimination Chamber being the sports-centric "second chance" for the Wrestlemania main event. If they can capitalize on it feeling like nfl week 17 that would be cool

TLC... I'm kinda okay with that being more of a spectacle (it even was with the original tag team triangle TLC matches) and less of a feud ender. That PPV is useless almost every year, so...may as well not kill the one thing it has going for it.

MITB should definitely be its own PPV. WM doesn't need it and that PPV has become similar to a second Royal Rumble.

HIAC is......sadly too late. Can't end feuds in this thing anymore after the last few years.

Extreme Rules, I have no strong feelings one way or the other but I totally agree with y'all's statements.
(Always thought having plenty of other "blowoff match" stipulations kept this PPV okay, but as soon as I hear Extreme Rules I think "ahh, so another filler show, cool")
Lets not have a hiac match for a few years. Boom it has been restored.

Reactions: Brockster

Brockster

Vincent Kennedy McMahon
Legend

Elimination Chamber kinda lost it's magic just like Hell in a Cell since the whole PG era. Money in the Bank should be at Wrestlemania like it used to be IMO.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
The theme based PPV’s take away from the thrill of making a feud conclude or step up to the next level. Having a PPV just based on hell in a cell whether a feud is in its infancy or mid level, it’s simply stupid and makes no sense.

I feel it takes away from the special feeling of TLCor HIAC matches. It makes it feel less special or needed when 2 superstars are seemingly just thrown into that kind of match. It used to be based on rivalry and intensity and having no other choice but to have one of these matches.

The only theme one that makes sense is MITB because it’s kind of like the RR in the sense that it happens once a year for anyone to get a shot at a championship. Thrres not like feud buildup needed or anything for such a match, it’s a reoccurring opportunity for superstars once A year so it makes sense to keep this one themed.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
The theme based PPV’s take away from the thrill of making a feud conclude or step up to the next level. Having a PPV just based on hell in a cell whether a feud is in its infancy or mid level, it’s simply stupid and makes no sense.

I feel it takes away from the special feeling of TLCor HIAC matches. It makes it feel less special or needed when 2 superstars are seemingly just thrown into that kind of match. It used to be based on rivalry and intensity and having no other choice but to have one of these matches.

The only theme one that makes sense is MITB because it’s kind of like the RR in the sense that it happens once a year for anyone to get a shot at a championship. Thrres not like feud buildup needed or anything for such a match, it’s a reoccurring opportunity for superstars once A year so it makes sense to keep this one themed.

Reactions: Brockster

or Log in using

Latest Discussions