Is Seth Rollins losing his love from the fans

ThePhenom97

The Showoff
Hotshot
Lately I've been seeing comments on YouTube and other sites about how Seth has been boring as a main eventer as of late

To be honest I don't consider him totally boring but he's not as exciting I thought he would be since he won the belt

I believe it's mostly Vince and the bookers fault. With them trying to push people we don't give a sh*t about like Baron Corbin the leave too many potential main eventers behind.

But lately Seth hasn't been on fire as he use to be. And I don't know what he can do to get back on track.

Do you think he's losing his love with the fans? Also is he becoming lame?

Beavie

WWEF's Resident Beav
LDW Management
I think we can look at two things.

The first and most obvious reason would be booking. The feud with Baron Corbin lasted WAAAY too long and them shoehorning Becky's (also too long) feud with Lacey with it, along with constant reminders of "HEY! THEY'RE DATING!" is not compelling. Then of course, Brock coming back, winning the title, which undoes his whole "Beast-Slayer" thing and is legit repeating the same storyline we saw for Mania which we've seen so many times with Seth, Roman, and Finn of "Let's take the title off the Beast!"

But I think some of it has to do with his recent string of interviews and twitter comments which have made him come off the wrong way to some fans. Like, I can understand him defending the company he works for, praising others, but sometimes it has made him either come off as arrogant or a douche, and him hardcore defending the company as its champ sort of takes away from his image as "Yeah, I'm the guy who breaks the mould!"

Honestly, if he doesn't regain his heat, I'd suggest getting someone else in that top babyface spot on Raw for a while and turn him heel for a little bit to freshen his character up and turn any animosity into a positive thing before he is ready to go back in that babyface role.

Last edited:

ThePhenom97

The Showoff
Hotshot
He has lost it for a long time now IMO, he is starting to get booed more now. It's not good at all, time to turn him heel ASAP.
Yeah it's time to do SOMETHING with him. Because so far it's been a split crowd with this Lesnar vs Rollins feud.

And I will hate to see in the future Rollins getting a Roman Reigns 2017 RAW after Mania reaction.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
U cant just teach someone how to have personality. Seth is a top level performer in the ring but he is not a witty entertainer that is able to get himself over. People wanna complain about creative and his matches with Baron Corbin and his angle with Becky, but the fact of the matter is that when u are World Champion you should be able to take whatever crappy segment they put in on TV and own it and make it entertaining. Ive said this before and I'll say it again, the guys on the WWE roster, by and large, are great wrestlers but crappy entertainers. They are all nerdy video game jocks. There is nothing edgy about them. There is no sense of danger. There are no larger than life personalities. A good example that no one ever notices is in WWEs YouTube channel they put up plenty of post-match or post-show interviews that are unscripted. These are moments when talent can get their own shit out there and show the WWE universe their ability to captivate on the mic. Go watch some of them, everyone usually bombs. Most of the talent really does not know how to talk ane get themselves over, and u cant blame the scripts for that because there are none.

Redboy123@

The Game
Technician
Yes and it's a great opportunity to turn him heel.

All the storyline motivation in the world to turn the guy heel. Imagine Seth loses to Brock at Summerslam. That will set him off. Years of hard work ti try and redeem himself and he ends up with brock still being champ and the fans thinking he is a knobhead.

We could be on the verge of a fantastic heel run from this motivation alone.

Whoever beats brock for ths title will invoke alot of jealousy and bitterness from seth

InsaneAlphaBeta

The Guardian of Light
Mid-Carder
Yes and it's a great opportunity to turn him heel.

All the storyline motivation in the world to turn the guy heel. Imagine Seth loses to Brock at Summerslam. That will set him off. Years of hard work ti try and redeem himself and he ends up with brock still being champ and the fans thinking he is a knobhead.

We could be on the verge of a fantastic heel run from this motivation alone.

Whoever beats brock for ths title will invoke alot of jealousy and bitterness from seth
True but i dont really trust WWE when it comes to turning people heel when it makes sense.

Lest rewind time, its the day after WrestleMania and Roman Reigns just defeated The Undertaker, before the show even started Roman had a god like level of heat from fans, he was like the sun itself heat wise compared to every other heel who was like a camp fire by comparison, he comes out he gets booed, people chant all sorts of bad things at him, we are talking nuclear heat, WWE had a chance to capitalize on this heat and make him the biggest heel this company has ever seen in recent years.

imagine if he just rubbed it into everyones faces, the heat he would get...but WWE didnt do anything with it and kept him babyface, and if they cant take advantedge of that, im sorry i just cant see them turning Seth heel either, hes like roman, supposed to be the top guy, the beast slayer, if they wouldnt turn roman heel when it was perfect, i just cant see them turning seth heel despite it making sense.

The Sheik

The Architect
Hotshot
I can't speak too much about his on-screen character, but he comes across as a massive heel in interviews and Twitter.

Calling out Wil Ospreay on Twitter and calling the fans jealous over his relationship, he came across as a giant douche.. Nobody is jealous of Seth and Ospreay would wrestle circles around him.

Redboy123@

The Game
Technician
True but i dont really trust WWE when it comes to turning people heel when it makes sense.

Lest rewind time, its the day after WrestleMania and Roman Reigns just defeated The Undertaker, before the show even started Roman had a god like level of heat from fans, he was like the sun itself heat wise compared to every other heel who was like a camp fire by comparison, he comes out he gets booed, people chant all sorts of bad things at him, we are talking nuclear heat, WWE had a chance to capitalize on this heat and make him the biggest heel this company has ever seen in recent years.

imagine if he just rubbed it into everyones faces, the heat he would get...but WWE didnt do anything with it and kept him babyface, and if they cant take advantedge of that, im sorry i just cant see them turning Seth heel either, hes like roman, supposed to be the top guy, the beast slayer, if they wouldnt turn roman heel when it was perfect, i just cant see them turning seth heel despite it making sense.
I guess Seth isn't their top babyface though. Roman is. So I presume they wouldn't be so reluctant to turn him heel. Especially with Owen's already looking like he is at that babyface level. Additionally you have Joe set to turn face. Like for like.

TheprofileofJericho

The Artiste
Contender
Horrendous booking and stupid tweets aside, the biggest problem in my opinion is that WWE didn't strike when the iron was hot with Rollins. I remember a period before WM 34 where he was the most over guy in the entire company after that incredible performance in the gauntlet match on Raw, where he pinned Reigns and Cena. Following that he won the IC title in a great opener at Mania. My memory after Mania is a bit shaky since I stopped following most of the product, but I do remember him and Miz having an amazing match at some random PPV. So going into Summerslam with the crowd massively behind him, and full of momentum, it should have been the perfect place to book him to beat Lesnar. But what did they do? They went for Reigns again of course, because WWE LOL. After that I guess the reportedly lackluster Shield reunion, and disappointing feud with Ambrose destroyed all the momentum he had left. At RR they finally did the right thing, but by then it was too little to late, as the weak reaction from the crowd showed when he won the Rumble. Seth isn't the only victim of this though, it happened to Strowman when he was red hot, and was about to face Lesnar at No Mercy. They refused to pull the trigger when the time was right, and it was all downhill from there.

Redboy123@

The Game
Technician
Horrendous booking and stupid tweets aside, the biggest problem in my opinion is that WWE didn't strike when the iron was hot with Rollins. I remember a period before WM 34 where he was the most over guy in the entire company after that incredible performance in the gauntlet match on Raw, where he pinned Reigns and Cena. Following that he won the IC title in a great opener at Mania. My memory after Mania is a bit shaky since I stopped following most of the product, but I do remember him and Miz having an amazing match at some random PPV. So going into Summerslam with the crowd massively behind him, and full of momentum, it should have been the perfect place to book him to beat Lesnar. But what did they do? They went for Reigns again of course, because WWE LOL. After that I guess the reportedly lackluster Shield reunion, and disappointing feud with Ambrose destroyed all the momentum he had left. At RR they finally did the right thing, but by then it was too little to late, as the weak reaction from the crowd showed when he won the Rumble. Seth isn't the only victim of this though, it happened to Strowman when he was red hot, and was about to face Lesnar at No Mercy. They refused to pull the trigger when the time was right, and it was all downhill from there.
Disagree. Seth was very much over in early 2019. Dead crowd reaction at the rumble because the show was a million hours long and the rumble sucked.

Seth vs Brock at mania 35 was imo the best place to have the match. They pulled the trigger at the right time. Just the booking afterwards was terrible.

TheprofileofJericho

The Artiste
Contender
Disagree. Seth was very much over in early 2019. Dead crowd reaction at the rumble because the show was a million hours long and the rumble sucked.

Seth vs Brock at mania 35 was imo the best place to have the match. They pulled the trigger at the right time. Just the booking afterwards was terrible.
Anyone besides Roman Reigns, would be over to some extent in that situation against Brock. The fans were sick of his reign of terror, and wanted to see a great wrestler like Rollins, who could do the title justice win it. So there is absolutely no way a guy like Rollins won't be over in that situation. Plus as far as crowd reactions go, he was still VASTLY overshadowed by both Becky and Kofi in the buildup to WM 35. The thing is that he would have been much more over if he won the title at Summerslam 2018. Why? Because then he had actual, organic momentum that would follow on into his title reign. In this instance the fans cooled off from him as soon as he took the title away from Lesnar, because winning the Rumble randomly after being in 3 months of irrelevant dog shit programming, and then doing fuck all until Wrestlemania is not organic momentum. So that proves that he was cheered mostly because of Brock, which wasn't the case in early/mid 2018. where he was the most over guy in the company based on work ethic alone.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Here’s his issues:

1. Charisma - the dude can “get on fire” but it all feels like an act. It seems as though he’s trying too hard and faking it.
2. Mic skills - he sucks. Very few times has Seth cut a promo and been fun or great. His voice is terribly monotone and lame, too.
3. Move set - I like his moves, but the curb stomp shouldn’t be it for him. He should also use the frog splash as his finisher if you ask me. He should hit the curb stomp then go for the frog splash.
4. His theme music sucks - I just... hate it. Idk. He needs something more catchy, like Edge had.
5. He’s got the moveset of a face, but the character of a heel. Keep him as a neutral character and alter depending on who he faces?

Overall, he’s talented, but his best character was in the shield and when he went full blown heel. And, hell, even in his heel run I didn’t like him too much.
Post automatically merged:

I don’t disagree that he wasn’t “over” in 2019. I just also felt like fans were simply excited to see someone other than Roman face and maybe beat Brock, period.

I do think that his booking afterwards was awful, but I do think shortly after mania 34 would’ve been a better spot to do it.

Last edited:

ThePhenom97

The Showoff
Hotshot
Here’s his issues:

1. Charisma - the dude can “get in fire” but it all feels like an act. It seems as though he’s trying to hard and faking it.
2. Mic skills - he sucks. Very few times has Seth cut a promo and been fun or great. His voice is terribly monotone and lame, too.
3. Move set - I like his moves, but the curb stomp shouldn’t be it for him. He should also use the frog splash as his finisher if you ask me. He should hit the curb stomp then go for the frog splash.
4. His theme music sucks - I just... hate it. Idk. He needs something more catchy, like Edge had.
5. He’s got the moveset of a face, but the character of a heel. Keep him as a neutral character and alter depending on who he faces?

Overall, he’s talented, but his best character was in the shield and when he went full blown heel. And, hell, even in his heel run I didn’t like him too much.
In agree. I liked the detailed way you put it in. Because I've felt the same way at times.

These are a lot of of the problems people have with him as a face.

What the should do is treat him like Edge and make him a face rarely and heel mostly

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
In agree. I liked the detailed way you put it in. Because I've felt the same way at times.

These are a lot of of the problems people have with him as a face.

What the should do is treat him like Edge and make him a face rarely and heel mostly
Yes. He’s just all over the place and he’s not as good as he thinks he is. He’s a good wrestler and that’s about it.

Reactions: ThePhenom97

Snowman

Chillin' with the snowmies.
The IIconics
Seth may as well become Heel. I think he would do better. Besides.. I think it would fit him perfectly.
Post automatically merged:

Maybe he just needs to take a few weeks off work, Regroup with himself before coming back.
Going against the Twitter comment earlier, I think so too. A lot of wrestlers need a break, that road schedule is insane... But with a lot of what he says I get it. It's gotta be insane to work on the top of an industry, but on a show everyone hatewatches and blasts you for promoting...

There was one video game ad that showed him in a hoodie walking away from a shed on fire

• Agree
Reactions: The Wolf Priestess

The Wolf Priestess

The Showoff
Mid-Carder
Going against the Twitter comment earlier, I think so too. A lot of wrestlers need a break, that road schedule is insane... But with a lot of what he says I get it. It's gotta be insane to work on the top of an industry, but on a show everyone hatewatches and blasts you for promoting...

There was one video game ad that showed him in a hoodie walking away from a shed on fire
I'd be one to know what it like with Wrestling schedules. Though My dad wasn't in the UPPER Industries but he was part of local smaller industries. Even then he had a very buisy wrestling schedule. Why can't Vince just allow some of these guys to take turns taking breaks and recoopertating and then come back so that they are "renewed" so to speak. Well rested with new Story Lines... etc?

or Log in using