News It’s week three of AEW quarantine style and it feels like it!

Wrestling News

The People's Champion
Legend
AEW
Tonight (April 1) All Elite Wrestling comes our way live from a closed set. Last week Cody wrestled Jimmy Havoc, Sammy Guevara made out with a cardboard picture and Jericho invited a drone to join The Inner Circle.

Advertised for tonight:

• Lance Archer debuts
  • The second half of the TNT Championship tournament bracket is revealed
  • Cody Rhodes & Darby Allin versus Sammy Guevara & Shawn Spears
  • Kenny Omega versus Trent

Here are five questions about AEW tonight:

1) Will Lance Archer live up to the hype?

Archer’s reputation proceeds him. Or, well, Jake the Snake has made it seem like Archer’s reputation proceeds him.

Jake & Archer have called out Cody in a big way, but calling out the boss means you have to jump through the boss’s hoops. Archer has to work his way up before he gets to face Cody which means “Welcome to Squash City.”

Tonight he makes his debut. Will Cody be impressed? Will we? Or will this be an Aleister Black style squash where it leaves the audience wanting more and the wrestler looking basic?

2) What will the complete tournament bracket look like?

To pad their programming in lieu of Blood & Guts AEW has announced a tournament starting next week to crown the inaugural TNT champion. The winner will be crowned at Double or Nothing on May 23 (if it still happens).

The first half of the bracket has already been revealed and it looks good! Cody versus Shawn Spears has resulted in good matches before and Guevara versus Allin is sure to be a show stopper.

Who will be in the second half?

Hopefully, they take this opportunity to give someone not normally on the main show a chance to wrestle in the tournament. Someone like Sonny Kiss or Colt Cabana would be a welcome addition to the bracket and that’s exactly what a secondary belt should be used for.

3) Will there be a follow up from Jericho and Hardy after their epic confrontation?

But more importantly, will Vanguard 1 join The Inner Circle? Just saying. We never did get an answer.

4) What ever happened to that parking lot street fight?

Tonight Kenny Omega faces Trent, which, yeah fine, that’ll be a really fun match, but I want to know is what ever happened to our street fight in a parking lot?

I know a lot of AEW programming right now is necessarily very last-minute-fly-by-your-pants style, but can we at least get a promo of a disappointed Best Friends team waiting in the parking lot for their opponents or something?

I refuse to live in a world where Chuckie T said “dick” on TV for nothing.

5) Where are the women?

I’m honestly so sick of asking this question. I should start saying “Here are four questions about AEW tonight and one long scream into the void.”

Where? Are? The? WOMEN?

Look this show should probably not be happening at all, but if you’re going to produce a show during a pandemic let’s not leave the “fragile” women at home to protect them, or whatever. That’s pure speculation, but it sure feels like that is happening. Can we at least get a video package or SOMETHING?!?

Who knows? Maybe the women’s roster collectively got together and said, “ Um, y’all know what the word pandemic means right? We’re gonna sit this one out.”

I’m choosing to believe that. Then at least they’d have some goddamn agency.

*EXTREME SIGH*

Tune into AEW on TNT at 8 ET tonight to see if we get any answers to these questions!

Continue reading...

or Log in using