News Kurt Angle Hopes CM Punk Returns to Wrestling

Wrestling News

The People's Champion
Legend
While participating in a Facebook Q&A, Kurt Angle was asked about his thoughts on CM Punk’s future in MMA and a possible return to pro wrestling. Angle responded with the following remarks:

“I hope he comes back. I think his MMA career is over. He needs to go back to what he does best!”

Do you think CM Punk will ever return to wrestling? Sound off in the comment section below…

The post Kurt Angle Hopes CM Punk Returns to Wrestling appeared first on All Wrestling News.

Continue reading...

Reactions: King Of Armageddon

Grievous II

Revenge Of The Cringe
Legend
Why is that??
Because instead of wrestling fans focusing on some guy who decided to walk away
from the business because he was mistreated and didn't get the Wrestlemania main
event he wanted...wrestling fans should focus on the current crop of wrestling stars
not just in the WWE...but all around the world.

Now...granted I've never seen Punk wrestle (I was away from wrestling for a long
time) and frankly I have no desire to. Mainly thanks to all those annoying CM Punk
chants I keep hearing all the time.

Punk is gone...and from the way he ended it with the WWE...I doubt he will ever set
foot in one of their rings again.

JacobFox

You Can't Beat my Meowcenaries
Commissioner
Because instead of wrestling fans focusing on some guy who decided to walk away
from the business because he was mistreated and didn't get the Wrestlemania main
event he wanted...wrestling fans should focus on the current crop of wrestling stars
not just in the WWE...but all around the world.

Now...granted I've never seen Punk wrestle (I was away from wrestling for a long
time) and frankly I have no desire to. Mainly thanks to all those annoying CM Punk
chants I keep hearing all the time.

Punk is gone...and from the way he ended it with the WWE...I doubt he will ever set
foot in one of their rings again.
I dunno. If Hulk Hogan and Bret Hart returned after their departures from the company, CM Punk's departure pales in comparison when you really think about it. A lot of it will depend upon money, though. If he doesn't get other jobs and finds his fortune dwindling a bit, I would see him coming back.

In my viewpoint, both Hart and Punk have comparable egos so anything is possible.

• Agree
Reactions: King Of Armageddon

Grievous II

Revenge Of The Cringe
Legend
I dunno. If Hulk Hogan and Bret Hart returned after their departures from the company, CM Punk's departure pales in comparison when you really think about it. A lot of it will depend upon money, though. If he doesn't get other jobs and finds his fortune dwindling a bit, I would see him coming back.

In my viewpoint, both Hart and Punk have comparable egos so anything is possible.
A fair call...but...I just think it would be better
for everyone if people just moved on.

Clearly Punk has. Its not like he needs to wrestle again.

I'd be more excited if his wife returned to the WWE...
but...I doubt that will ever happen.

Grievous II

Revenge Of The Cringe
Legend
So if you haven't had a chance to see CM Punk wrestle then just something you have missed out on during that time period. You can always look on the WWE Network, YouTube or anywhere else for his matches and promos.
I'll pass...I honestly couldn't care less.

Now if he did re-sign with the WWE...
I may go back and watch a few of
his matches...but until then...I'll
worry about the current WWE
roster.

Last edited:

Grievous II

Revenge Of The Cringe
Legend
And just so you know. there's a difference in "resign" and "re-sign", make sure to put the hyphen in the word "re-sign" because the word "resign" means to quit/walk away lol just giving u a heads up.
I knew that...

*Lowers head in shame...*

Nice grammar slam...

Punk should return to wrestling. I want to see Roman Reigns beat him up.
I'd rather have a huge spider with red
legs in my house than watch that match.

• LOL
Reactions: Solid Snake

Grievous II

Revenge Of The Cringe
Legend
lol I meant no harm or offense
Now harm done broski...

I'm actually one of those forum members
who will go back and edit my posts several
times so all the spelling and the "structure"
of my posts is perfect.

I actually want to be a "Mod" here just so I
can go around and fix up thread titles with
spelling mistakes.

That actually annoys the hell out of me...

Reactions: Koko B.

Grievous II

Revenge Of The Cringe
Legend
A polite and civil thread on the web?! I'm shocked. Is this a first?
Possibly the first ever involving the topic of CM Punk.

I'm sure someone will come in later and destroy the politeness with a:
"Only Punk can save WWE fools!!! Current roster is filled with idiots LOL!!!"
Or something like that...you'll have to excuse me...I don't speak moron.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
I wouldn't mind seeing his return, but I mean he'll be 39 later this year. His times running out.

The only thing I ever saw of cm punk in wwe was totally random and I've been trying to figure out what year it was I can't remember. Him and Cena were on smack down having a feud while he was in his straight edge society. I didn't watch much after I heard them talking about how drugs are bad, etc. Just wasn't my cuppa tea then, and I didn't watch wrestling anymore back then it was just a random "I wonder what's going on these days" type of watch.

Reactions: Lavender Haze

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
I hv wondered what happened to CM Punk. Why he hasnt been in WWE. Last time I'd seen him, He was on ECW. What happened to him since then? Besides, How old must they be before they can retire? I mean, My dad is in his late 40's and he's still strongly wrestling. He may not be WWE Material. But still...

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Two things since he's left wwe that I know of, UFC fight last summer
And just within the past few months he was on The Challenge: Champs VS Pros on mtv (good show.. although that season was totally different from all the others because it was celebrity contestants)

or Log in using