Baseball MLB Offseason Discussion Thread

Kairi HoHo

Wildheart
Legend
Phillies got Zack Wheeler pretty happy about that. The Pitching Rotation was terrible last Season he'll make it better for sure. Get another Pitcher or two and a good hitter and we'll be contenting hopefully.

Cam

Administrator
Chairman
Red Sox have traded Mookie Betts and David Price to the Dodgers for a bunch of peanuts. It’s crazy that they ended up making a payroll cutting move, all because they opted not to spend the money re-signing Mookie. Boston is normally a big spender, and this move is the kind of thing you’d expect from a small market team like the Rays.

Geese

The Showoff
Hotshot
Recently released Mets player Andrew Church has harsh words for his former team: "They knew I would never say no to competing and would fly me around to fill in for anyone that got injured. I realized this wasn't in my best interest when my delayed flight finally landed in the 3rd inning, and I was on the mound in a Triple-A game for the first time, without any warm up throws. My UCL originally tore that night. Instead of seeing doctors like I asked, they sent me back to High A to pitch in the playoffs."

Church goes on to state, "I hadn't pitched in a competitive game in over a year, but they needed a filler because someone got hurt the night before. I took a red eye flight, to one stadium, a seven hour bus trip, another flight, and a taxi to the stadium I would be pitching in. Again, I was in a Triple-A game with no worry about my well being."

Reactions: Cam

Cam

Administrator
Chairman
Well, baseball is officially coming back with a 60 game season. I’m glad they finally got a deal done. Some players are declining to participate though. David Price is the biggest name that I’ve seen back out so far.

or Log in using