News MLW Roundup: Mil Muertes debuts tonight, Von Erichs title defense, more!

Wrestling News

The People's Champion
Legend

Salina de la Renta’s Twitter

Let’s catch up on the latest news in MLW and preview tonight’s episode of Fusion. Mil Muertes will be making his debut and the Von Erichs have a tag title defense against LA Park and son.

Mil Muertes is here!

Salina de la Renta returns as executive producer for tonight’s episode of MLW Fusion. She has booked big things with a major debut, huge title match, and a surprise for Konnan.

Pray for the well-being of the MLW roster. The man of one thousand deaths is here to feast upon their souls. Mil Muertes is set to debut tonight on MLW Fusion. He was summoned by Salina de la Renta to help in her quest for revenge.

Who on the MLW roster will sign the open contract and be brave enough to face Mil Muertes in his MLW debut?

Take a look at the roster and chime in! FIGHTERS@SalinadelaRenta's #MLWFusion | 7pm Wednesday pic.twitter.com/2FoBMoDwJn

— Major League Wrestling (@MLW) January 12, 2021

Mil Muertes was a fixture on Lucha Underground. MLW is using the same back story for the character’s existence. They are also mixing in his career as Ricky Banderas and El Mesias.

Over the next several years, Mil Muertes would manifest himself in different ways in different places as the legend of the “Man of 1,000 Deaths” spread throughout the world.

In Puerto Rico, they called him Ricky Banderas, where he would claim the IWA Heavyweight Championship 5 times. In Mexico City he was known as El Mesias, capturing AAA’s Heavyweight Championship 4 times.

However, it was in the Boyle Heights neighborhood in Los Angeles where he’d claim the Lucha Underground title and capture the attention and fear of the world. Ruling on his throne as conqueror of the underground lucha fight scene, Muertes’ death grip loomed over all… until his temple fell.

In the years that followed, Muertes wandered the earth with an unquenchable desire for revenge… until he was summoned by Salina de la Renta and Promociones Dorado.

In an effort to rebuild Promociones Dorado, Salina also lured LA Park and his sons back into the fold. Park has been demanding a title shot on deaf ears from MLW, so Salina made a deal. If she can get Park a championship opportunity, then he will rejoin Promociones Dorado. Salina made good by booking LA Park and Hijo de LA Park in a tag title match against the Von Erichs.

Salina even sweetened the pot with a special referee in Tom Lawlor. Despite his hatred fro the Von Erichs, Filthy Tom claims he will call it down the middle.

Yes, he will. https://t.co/HupRCSBopF

— FILTHY (@FilthyTomLawlor) January 11, 2021

The Von Erichs aren’t too concerned. Marshall plans to claw Lawlor and rip off his tiny jean shorts after their victory.

Also advertised are Low Ki in action and a surprise for Konnan. Low Ki will be wrestling resident jabrone Budd Heavy. That makes me wonder if Salina is giving him a softball in an effort to get the gang back together. Low Ki was a member of Promociones Dorado during his run as MLW World Heavyweight Champion. As for Konnan’s surprise, almost anything could be possible.

It’s definitely not liposuction or the blue pill, although we know not even that can do the trick. But If I’m feeling charitable... anything is possible pic.twitter.com/7EJziVTm3n

— SALINA (@salinadelarenta) January 11, 2021

I highly recommend reading the official preview penned by Salina de la Renta. It is good for a chuckle with phrases like, “husky bumble bee pendejo,” in reference to Savio Vega.

MLW Fusion streams on Fubo Sports Network Wednesday nights at 7 pm ET and 10 pm ET, posts on YouTube Wednesdays at 7 pm ET, and airs on beIN SPORTS Saturday nights at 10 pm ET. You can also check out MLW streaming on demand with DAZN. In addition, MLW is broadcast in over 20 countries.

Quick hits

Lio Rush won the MLW World Middleweight Championship from Myron Reed last week. CEO Court Bauer stated that he would absolutely consider booking a rematch, but Reed has his eye on other business. It is safe to assume Reed’s other business involves the Contra Unit. Their sneak attack sent Injustice to the hospital.

Colonel Parker was not pleased with the outcome of last week’s tag title bout when the Dirty Blondes were defeated by the Von Erichs in a bunkhouse brawl. He takes umbrage with how the referee lost control and the fracas spilled outside the venue. Parker demanded that MLW officials review the match. He is requesting that the Von Erichs be stripped of gold and for the Dirty Blondes to compete against new competition for the titles. MLW declined to take action.

Enjoy the highlight package of the bunkhouse brawl courtesy of Marshall Von Erich and a jamming Top Gun tune. The song is a perfect fit for the Von Erich style.

Brawling into 2021 @MLW @RossVonErich #VEnation #mlwfusion pic.twitter.com/fVMA8nRy7r

— Marshall Von Erich (@MarshallVonEric) January 8, 2021

Last on the list if Twitter beef between Alicia Atout and Salina de la Renta.

You've become great at evading the truth lately. No need to create lies because you're insecure and jealous. See you Wednesday on Fusion, bitch!

— Alicia Atout (@AliciaAtout) January 11, 2021

Like true professionals, they worked it into merch and a future interview.

Two can play this game...

50 RTs and I'll put these for sale!

100 RTs and I'll give TWO away for FREE!

Get smashing those RT buttons. https://t.co/xtDOxfhBaA pic.twitter.com/arGPS5s0go

— Alicia Atout (@AliciaAtout) January 12, 2021
I swear you don’t want none of what’s coming mamita.

The more you type, the worse I feel for you.

Friday it is ... https://t.co/Bi1gey0IlZ

— SALINA (@salinadelarenta) January 12, 2021

Atout better be careful. I’d definitely put my money on Salina in any kind of physical confrontation. Atout seems too wholesome for violence, while Salina seems like the type of person that would stab someone with paralyzing powder from a fingernail blade.

Update: Alicia Atout has been banned from the building by Salina de la Renta for tonight’s episode of MLW Fusion.

I just showed up for our 12PM @MLW production meeting and was told that @SalinaDeLaRenta banned me from the building. Okay, I see you. This is fucking war now.

— Alicia Atout (@AliciaAtout) January 13, 2021

Continue reading...

or Log in using