Basketball NBA 2019/2020 Discussion Thread

Geese

The Showoff
Hotshot
I watched the Kings lose to the Grizzlies 115-119. How can they make a run at the playoffs this season when they've lost to the Knicks, Hornets, and the Grizzlies? These are all lousy teams. This was a real gimme win for the Sac Kings and they blew it badly.

Cam

Administrator
Chairman
Today is the NBA trade deadline, so lots of crazy stuff has been going on. The Rockets traded Clint Capela away. Right now it looks like PJ Tucker is going to end up being their center, which sounds insane. Golden State has traded DLo to Minnesota for Andrew Wiggins and a first round pick. And the Clippers ended up getting Marcus Morris and Isaiah Thomas from the Knicks. Looks like the Lakers decided to stay put, so that's disappointing.

Kairi HoHo

Wildheart
Legend
Russell to the Timberwolves huge get, just hope it works out for them and they keep their egos in check. Butler and Towns butted heads during their time together and wanted out and that lead him to Phila. Alec Burks and Glenn Robinson III I haven't seen any of their work like that this Season hopefully those guys bring something to the table that could help my Sixers.

Cam

Administrator
Chairman
Russell to the Timberwolves huge get, just hope it works out for them and they keep their egos in check. Butler and Towns butted heads during their time together and wanted out and that lead him to Phila. Alec Burks and Glenn Robinson III I haven't seen any of their work like that this Season hopefully those guys bring something to the table that could help my Sixers.
Glenn Robinson III is a fun player to use in 2k because of his athleticism.

I would think that this trade means that the Sixers are going to have to drop a couple of players, assuming they didn't get some other deal done.

Kairi HoHo

Wildheart
Legend
Glenn Robinson III is a fun player to use in 2k because of his athleticism.

I would think that this trade means that the Sixers are going to have to drop a couple of players, assuming they didn't get some other deal done.
Welp I hope they can add some major Offense and Defense to our team and wake them up, because they are in chaos right now. Too many times this Season they have shown no heart and that is a no no to me..

Cam

Administrator
Chairman
I used to be. I haven't watched in a few years. I still have my build a bear Cavs cat though lol
Well, they're really not doing anything worth watching right now. LeBron left them in shambles, and for some reason they're drafting lots of guards. Garland, Sexton, and Porter Jr. All first round pick guards from the last two drafts. Then they have the really bad Kevin Love contract that no one wants. And for some reason they traded for Drummond. Nothing makes sense.

Solid Snake

ɪɴғɪɴɪᴛᴇ ᴄᴀᴛ ʟɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
Chairman
Well, they're really not doing anything worth watching right now. LeBron left them in shambles, and for some reason they're drafting lots of guards. Garland, Sexton, and Porter Jr. All first round pick guards from the last two drafts. Then they have the really bad Kevin Love contract that no one wants. And for some reason they traded for Drummond. Nothing makes sense.
They were able to get one championship so that is something. I don't think they even knew what they were doing when LeBron was on the team still. It has always been messy. Probably why he left the first time.

Kairi HoHo

Wildheart
Legend

Did anyone see The NBA Rising Stars last night? Trae and Luka put on a Show, didn't agree at all with Bridges winning the MVP and lol at Zion choking like a few others to make some Dunks late.

Sunday night's game is officially NBA All-Star weekend's main event, but Saturday is where the magic happens. In Chicago, Aaron Gordon headlines the field of dunk contest participants; four years after his unforgettable showdown with Zach LaVine, he will dunk against Derrick Jones Jr., Pat Connaughton and the 34-year-old Dwight Howard, who won the contest 12 years ago.

In the 3-point shootout, Joe Harris will defend his title against Trae Young, Devin Booker Duncan Robinson, Buddy Hield, Devonte' Graham, Davis Bertans and LaVine. This will follow the star-studded skills challenge, which features 2019 winner Jayson Tatum, 2018 winner Spencer Dinwiddie, 2015 winner Patrick Beverley, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Bam Adebayo, Khris Middleton, Domantas Sabonis and Pascal Siakam.

Ben Simmons and Matisse Thybulle I wished were apart of the Dunk Contest especially Ben dude brings it down hard with his Dunks. Howard might open some eyes to past Dunk participants coming back in the future especially if he does well. If Howard can do it, why can't someone else from the past come back. Three former Champions of the Skill Challenge can't wait to see that it should be Tatum's to lose as he's been heating it up lately for Boston.

Cam

Administrator
Chairman
Did anyone see The NBA Rising Stars last night? Trae and Luka put on a Show, didn't agree at all with Bridges winning the MVP and lol at Zion choking like a few others to make some Dunks late.
I missed it. I forgot that it was all star weekend.

Ben Simmons and Matisse Thybulle I wished were apart of the Dunk Contest especially Ben dude brings it down hard with his Dunks. Howard might open some eyes to past Dunk participants coming back in the future especially if he does well. If Howard can do it, why can't someone else from the past come back. Three former Champions of the Skill Challenge can't wait to see that it should be Tatum's to lose as he's been heating it up lately for Boston.
It would be nice if more stars would participate in the dunk contest. That's the problem. You don't see people like MJ and Kobe participating anymore. You end up with players like Glenn Robinson III.

Kairi HoHo

Wildheart
Legend
I missed it. I forgot that it was all star weekend.

It would be nice if more stars would participate in the dunk contest. That's the problem. You don't see people like MJ and Kobe participating anymore. You end up with players like Glenn Robinson III.

Aaron Gordon was robbed I feel of winning last night. He had a Dunk with one Arm that top 10 easily one of the best Dunks of all time. DWade all night judged to help his former teammate Jones especially early when he gave Jones a higher score than a player who made it with his first Dunk attempt, but Jones took another shot and that other player had presentation too. Still one of hell of a night to watch and one of the best showings in quite some time.

Cam

Administrator
Chairman
Given all of the people that are claiming that Dwyane Wade rigged it so that his former teammate would win, I feel like they'll be a little better when it comes to selecting judges in the future. It's probably better to avoid having any judge that might be a little bias.

Aaron Gordon was robbed. It's awful, and this isn't the first time this has happened.

Kairi HoHo

Wildheart
Legend
Given all of the people that are claiming that Dwyane Wade rigged it so that his former teammate would win, I feel like they'll be a little better when it comes to selecting judges in the future. It's probably better to avoid having any judge that might be a little bias.

Aaron Gordon was robbed. It's awful, and this isn't the first time this has happened.
Well the thought was bringing in people who are from Chicago to show respect to it's history and people, but it's pretty blatant what he did. Common said who was also a Judge saying they wanted to keep it as a Tie, and that was the reasoning for okay Dunks getting 50's to keep it going, but somewhere in the end something got fucked up.

Gordon you could see in a Interview was trying to keep it in, but he said I'm done with the Dunk Contest because he feels that he's won 2 and was robbed of those victories. When he said his next quest is to win the 3 Point Contest the Room was silent not expecting he saying that.

Cam

Administrator
Chairman
Well the thought was bringing in people who are from Chicago to show respect to it's history and people, but it's pretty blatant what he did. Common said who was also a Judge saying they wanted to keep it as a Tie, and that was the reasoning for okay Dunks getting 50's to keep it going, but somewhere in the end something got fucked up.

Gordon you could see in a Interview was trying to keep it in, but he said I'm done with the Dunk Contest because he feels that he's won 2 and was robbed of those victories. When he said his next quest is to win the 3 Point Contest the Room was silent not expecting he saying that.
The three point contest? Yeah, good luck with that.

Anyways, the all star game last night was great. I was very impressed. That's the most entertaining it has been in a long time.

or Log in using

Latest Discussions