Cam!

Jobber
Chairman
Who would have thought that the Suns would be second in the West with over 40 wins? Ahead of the Lakers, Clips, Mavs, Nuggets, etc. Crazy. CP3 is really polishing his HOF resume, despite his playoff history.

Cam!

Jobber
Chairman
Things have gotten interesting for the Lakers. Fell all the way down to a tie for the 7th seed, which would be locking them up in the play in tournament. LeBron finally came back from his ankle injury after missing 20 games. He played one full game with no restrictions, which I thought was really odd. Then he played a second game, and left in the 4th quarter due to ankle soreness. Then missed the game tonight. Doesn't look good for LeBron.

Tyler2

The Showoff
Rising Star
Can the Magic ever just set up a super team win 1 ring and then disband it like the Marlins did in Baseball? I'm tired of this. I'm like Damian Lillard in that State farm commercial. I want a ring

Swing Car

The Sun Won't Shine Forever
Legend
Have you guys heard about this Kwame Brown situation? He has completely destroyed sports media the past week or so. I remember him being an absolute meme after the Lakers trade (I watched the NBA as a kid, Nash fan) so this redemption arc is unexpected. It goes deeper than him dabbing on Matt Barnes; former Wizards teammates have come out and talked about the very, very strange behavior of the Wizards staff. They would make Kwame practice until he was drenched in sweat 45 minutes before a game. Michael Jordan punted a basketball down the street in front of a crowd and made Kwame run down the street to chase it, and if he wasn't quick enough he'd miss the team bus. He dominated every other big man in his draft class during workouts, guy was just mind raped out of developing his skills. It's honestly changed my perspective on Jordan as a man, for such a great player he was often a petty asshole with no heart. The Republicans buy shoes line always stuck with me as kinda based, but looking back on it it's just a man with zero morality craving money, or to be the best at the cost of his soul.

Cam!

Jobber
Chairman
I'm only 25, so I can't actually remember when MJ was the shit, but I've always had a negative opinion of him. Can you remember his HOF induction speech? Dude was just egotistical. I'm surprised he isn't one of those people talking in the third person. :P

Watching that video, that Kwame story sounds awful. It's crazy that MJ would do that, especially since he was old and washed up with the Wiz. I don't remember much about Kwame either. I just remember Stephen A. Smith trashing him on First Take when he played for the Lakers. He was in the conversation as one of the biggest draft busts of all time. Fortunately, guys like Anthony Bennett have come along since then.

Reactions: Swing Car

Swing Car

The Sun Won't Shine Forever
Legend
I'm only 25, so I can't actually remember when MJ was the shit, but I've always had a negative opinion of him. Can you remember his HOF induction speech? Dude was just egotistical. I'm surprised he isn't one of those people talking in the third person. :P
I'm not even 25. I gave Jordan a historical pass for being an asshole in the 90s, because the league was made up of men. He was playing with 42 year old Robert Parish in the 90s, who was already a 5 year vet in 1981. It's easier for a Ron Harper or a Steve Kerr to take the verbal punishment because they're grown men. Kwame was 18 years old, and the first high school player drafted first overall. It's hard to believe MJ could be so petty as to blame his inability to drag the team to the 8th seed on an 18 year old kid. Even the coach/stooge Doug Collins, life is short - why run interference for MJs ego 24/7, you're a coach, do the right thing, help the kid out.

Reactions: Cam!

Cam!

Jobber
Chairman
Suns up 3-2 on Lakers. Mavs up 3-2 on Clippers. Crazy that we might see both LA teams knocked out in the first round. They're supposed to be 2 of the 3 best teams in the league.

Reactions: Swing Car

or Log in using

Latest Discussions