Basketball NBA Offseason Thread [2018]

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Solid Snake, Jun 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Congrats to GS for winning the NBA Championship.
    My only takeaway from this entire season and this final's match up is this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Talk rumors, trades, or general chit-chat about the last season.
    The regular season will be back on October 16, 2018

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. So LeBron said his family will have a major say in if he leaves Cleveland and where he goes.
    I also see that #cLeaveLand is a thing now. Most people want him to leave. It is understandable.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. So people are pissed off at one single guy for their team not winning a championship? Now, I remember why I quit watching sports for, and these were\are, the same people that wanted LeBron to come back to Cleveland more than likely.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Here is a list of the 9 potential teams LeBron could go to.

1) L.A. Clippers 2) Miami Heat 3) San Antonio Spurs 4) Golden State Warriors 5) Houston Rockets 6) L.A. Lakers 7) Philadelphia 76ers 8) Boston Celtics 9) Cleveland Cavaliers

Of all the teams I could see him going to the Lakers, staying in Cleveland, or going back to the Heat.

6. I am almost positive he stays east coast if he does leave Cleveland. I can't see him going back to Miami either. So Philly or Boston.

• Like Like x 1
  7. God, I hope not Boston, I like that team, lol. I do think Philly would have a good shot as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Yeah I am not a Boston fan so it would be a lose-lose for both of us. LOL

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. It would be, but at least then you could go for a good team, says the person whose favorite team lost to the Pelicans 4-0 in the playoffs, lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. I feel like Houston or Philly would be LeBron's best chance to win.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I hope the Sacramento Kings general manager Vlade Divac makes the right pick and chooses Michael Porter Jr. There is widespread talk amongst experts that the Kings will pick Marvin Bagley III with their second pick in the draft. Bagley doesn't strike me as being a franchise player while Porter does.

The Kings need a star. Why drafting Michael Porter Jr. makes sense

• Like Like x 1
  12. #13 WrestleRacer91, Jun 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    I like the way this year's draft turned out. Besides Mikal Bridges getting shipped out of Philly going to Pheniox. So nice work NBA. You actually look interesting this upcoming year!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Today marks the day where the Cavs begin sucking for the next 5+ years.

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Or they become the team who keeps making memes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1

16. Pretty much. I don't see any team stopping these guys for at least another 3 years. :idk3:

17. RIP everyone else...

18. Just think about it. I mean for me, this whole thing basically killed what small interest I had left in the NBA... You have a SUPER team and another team trying to create one themselves. Both are on the same side (West) and everyone and their mother among the top players is in the West or trying to get there. This has become a one sided sport where I don't see anyone other than the Warriors winning for a while. Lakers might have a chance in 2 or 3 years, but sheesh. This is killing the sport. The playoffs will be easy to predict on the West and the West will be beating the East for a long time now. What is the point? Just give the Warriors the trophies now. 2019, 2020, and 2021 will be their years. Calling it now.

As for LeBron... He isn't going to look as great on the West. When he was on the East, he was able to put on great shows even with a crap team because the East hasn't had great players in a while. He is going to end up on another team where he will have to carry them. It may not be as hard of a carry as it was with the Cavs, but it will be a carry.

I just don't see them beating the Warriors, not anymore... Not with Cousins. He did only sign a 1 year deal but assuming they win, he will sign on again.

[​IMG]

LeBron signed a 4 year deal. I am only expecting to see 1 finals win from this, if they are lucky. The sport has gone down hill faster than a dung beetle on a turd ball.

You know what time it is?

I swear Vince booked this crap.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Can we get a patch for The Warriors as they are too OP and break the game?

• Agree Agree x 1