News New Day’s bad week included a battle rap loss

Wrestling News

The People's Champion
Legend

Let’s not dwell on the negative from Tuesday night, when Vince McMahon sent Daniel Bryan to finish off a battle-weary Kofi Kingston, screwing the New Day’s old head out of the WWE title shot he’s earned several times over at this point.

Instead, let’s turn to more enjoyable pastimes, like battle rap. The Princes of Positivity are 1 - 0 in televised lyrical wars, having picked up a controversial victory over The Usos back in 2017. Surely, their showdown with 90s R&B superstars SWV on TBS’ Drop The Mic would get them back on track after ending SmackDown on a major down note?

Can We just talk about how dope this face-off between @WWEBigE, @TrueKofi, and @XavierWoodsPhD and @THEREALSWV was?! Watch the full battle now. pic.twitter.com/HAsd29LcvB

— Drop The Mic on TNT (@DropTheMicTNT) March 21, 2019
Give me a Dean Ambrose GIF, and cue Ron Simmons, cause...

"That's What I Need!" - @SWV looking at the , probably. #DropTheMic pic.twitter.com/8gUYT3U2rS

Drop The Mic’s Twitter

Oh well. Luckily, there are lots of other things Xavier Woods, Big E and Kofi Kingston are good at should they decide to walk away from WWE.

And hey! Lana & Rusev pulled out a win over Mark Cuban, so the entire night wasn’t a wash for sports entertainment...

A beauty, a brawn, and a billionaire filled the #DropTheMic stage tonight! Let's just say things got heated between @MCuban, @RusevBUL, and @LanaWWE in this full battle. pic.twitter.com/z4bzvfqhEN

I just tried to make Pac proud! Rusavelli lives on! 7day theory. BulLife is ThugLife #DropTheMic

— All Might Big Rüs (@RusevBUL) March 21, 2019
Continue reading...

or Log in using