Killer Orange Cat

Quiet You
Chairman
So be honest guys, what do we think of this title? I have yet to hear on positive comment on it anywhere. What the hell were they thinking? "Oh the WWE Divas championship looked great, let's try that!"

1617922073147.png

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Legend
And you aren't going to hear a positive comment either. It's one thing to have an ugly title, it's a whole other thing to replace the best looking title today with an ugly title.

• Agree
Reactions: Killer Orange Cat

Jonny Nostradamus

Man of Destiny
Commissioner
I think it is one of the worst looking belts right now, absolute dogshit. Only above the WWE main roster tag belts and the 24/7 title. I look at this and I feel like I'm looking at one of the morphing devices from Power Rangers.

Reactions: Killer Orange Cat

IndyWrestler

The Artiste
Contender
I don't think it's awful. For Japanese top title standards and especially with how the IWGP Heavyweight title looked before? Absolute dogshit. Gedo wants to Americanize NJPW, apparently not getting most of the Western fans watch NJPW because it's not an Americanized product

E.A. Roadster

The Authentic
Legend
I don't think it's awful. For Japanese top title standards and especially with how the IWGP Heavyweight title looked before? Absolute dogshit. Gedo wants to Americanize NJPW, apparently not getting most of the Western fans watch NJPW because it's not an Americanized product
What does a title like that have to do with Americanizing New Japan

IndyWrestler

The Artiste
Contender
What does a title like that have to do with Americanizing New Japan
Trying to get out of standard Japanese traditions. If you see a title like that in WWE to replace the whatever title you'd likely say it wouldn't matter as much. I think having a title like that shows that NJPW (or N-JPW, whichever you prefer) is trying to go into a more ''sports entertainment'' route, less logic regarding sports-based booking. It's all a slow process, from triple threats main eventing shows to now this. It's all a part of a bigger picture, a new way NJPW seems to be going with their product unfortunately. While NJPW undoubtedly has the best talent in the world, I might have to start watching NOAH or AJPW instead now to get my puro fix.

Killer Orange Cat

Quiet You
Chairman
Trying to get out of standard Japanese traditions. If you see a title like that in WWE to replace the whatever title you'd likely say it wouldn't matter as much. I think having a title like that shows that NJPW (or N-JPW, whichever you prefer) is trying to go into a more ''sports entertainment'' route, less logic regarding sports-based booking. It's all a slow process, from triple threats main eventing shows to now this. It's all a part of a bigger picture, a new way NJPW seems to be going with their product unfortunately. While NJPW undoubtedly has the best talent in the world, I might have to start watching NOAH or AJPW instead now to get my puro fix.

Problem is they didn't Americanize the belt. They designed it after older Japanese belts.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Rising Star
It's been nice having some shred of credibility on this site but I think it's time I flush all that down that toilet because I think this belt looks sick. Granted, I do think it's a massive downgrade compared to the previous design, and I'd say it looks more like a mid-card championship than a World Championship but I like Power Rangers, those designs are sleek.

or Log in using

Latest Discussions