NJPW NJPW Discussion Thread

Seth

All Hail Baby Lord Beerus!
Legend
Dominion Card
IWGP Heavyweight Championship: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Chris Jericho

IWGP Intercontinental Championship: Kota Ibushi (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship: Dragon Lee (c) vs. Will Ospreay

IWGP Tag Team Championships: Guerrillas Of Destiny (Tanga Loa & Tama Tonga) vs. EVIL & SANADA

NEVER Openweight Championship: Taichi (c) vs. Tomohiro Ishii

Hiroshi Tanahashi, Juice Robinson & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Bullet Club (Jay White, Chase Owens & Taiji Ishimori)

Jushin Thunder Liger & YOSHI-HASHI vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki & Zack Sabre Jr.)

Satoshi Kojima vs. Shingo Takagi

Jon Moxley vs. Shota Umino

Reactions: Kasumi and Snowman

Seth

Legend
So will Moxley be showing up on ROH ppvs then? They still have that cross promotion thing going on right?
I believe they still do though it was in a rough area because of the stunt that RoH did at the G1 Supercard with nZo and Cazz XL, or whatever his name is now. So I think if RoH keeps making mistakes or such then New Japan may drop their partnership with them.

Reactions: CACTUS DUDEKIND

Snowman

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Legend
I don't know though. Having G1 ticket sales so low (wish I could go!) does kinda shine a spotlight as to why this is a thing. NJPW struggles with the US to an extent, the Supercard wouldn't have done nearly as well without NJPW, it's too beneficial to both parties to let it go...

I wonder how AEW changes this though. I can't imagine NJPW wanting anything to do with this crew that used them to build their own legacies and are still trying to pilfer their talent, but they're taking so much of the American market from ROH...

Still. As a fan, I can't imagine myself not enjoying each NJPW big show, even if I struggle to write about it. Dominion ruled, and I wish for nothing for the best for these guys

Reactions: Kasumi

Seth

Legend
I don't know though. Having G1 ticket sales so low (wish I could go!) does kinda shine a spotlight as to why this is a thing. NJPW struggles with the US to an extent, the Supercard wouldn't have done nearly as well without NJPW, it's too beneficial to both parties to let it go...

I wonder how AEW changes this though. I can't imagine NJPW wanting anything to do with this crew that used them to build their own legacies and are still trying to pilfer their talent, but they're taking so much of the American market from ROH...

Still. As a fan, I can't imagine myself not enjoying each NJPW big show, even if I struggle to write about it. Dominion ruled, and I wish for nothing for the best for these guys
Give some more time and the sales may go up, but what also doesn't help is the fact that WWE is weak before the G1 and fans who like both WWE and New Japan will have to make a decision on which to go to. Though if they picked WWE, I think they picked wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: Snowman

Snowman

Legend
What could be great for the sales is the G1 card. This field is looking insane.

I saw a report about possibly moving it to 24 competitors (which I doubt, but.)

Okada, Tanahashi, Naito, Ibushi, White, Makabe, Goto, Ishii, Yano, Yoshi-Hashi, Fale, Sanada, Evil, Juice, Suzuki, Sabre Jr.

Then you have the 5 at Dominion that said they want in, which brings the field to 21, on top of the already advertised Lance Archer and Jeff Cobb, and they ran the angle last year about Taichi getting left out...

Who makes it in?

Seth

Legend
What could be great for the sales is the G1 card. This field is looking insane.

I saw a report about possibly moving it to 24 competitors (which I doubt, but.)

Okada, Tanahashi, Naito, Ibushi, White, Makabe, Goto, Ishii, Yano, Yoshi-Hashi, Fale, Sanada, Evil, Juice, Suzuki, Sabre Jr.

Then you have the 5 at Dominion that said they want in, which brings the field to 21, on top of the already advertised Lance Archer and Jeff Cobb, and they ran the angle last year about Taichi getting left out...

Who makes it in?
Okada, Tanahashi, Naito, White, Goto, Ishii, Sanada, Evil, Juice, Suzuki, Jr., Yoshi-Hashi, Shingo, Jon, KENTA, Lance, and Will would be the names I think will be grantees with Jericho doing a run in or so.

Snowman

Legend
Block A:
Okada, Tanahashi, Ibushi, ZSJ, KENTA, Evil, Sanada, Fale, Ospreay, Archer

Block B:
Naito, Ishii, Yano, Juice, Goto, White, Cobb, Takagi, Taichi, Moxley

Let's do this! :win:

Beavie

WWEF's Resident Beav
LDW Management
Predicting Naito. I've noticed it is more common for the winner to be in the opposite block of the champion, which makes sense since most of the time they want to protect that match for Wrestle Kingdom and he is the most likely winner I see in the block opposite Okada.

Geese

The Showoff
Hotshot
I finished watching Dominion. What a fast paced, highspots match between Dragon Lee and Will Ospreay for the Jr. Heavyweight title! Sportsmanship displayed by Dragon Lee as he extended a handshake to Will before the match began.

Snowman

Legend
What about Ospreay? This would be an amazing year for a surprise winner like that.

If it's a repeat the B-Block is looking a little thin, and Naito's story is still too great, especially if he keeps his promise to beat Okada at WK AS IC champ

Beavie

WWEF's Resident Beav
LDW Management

Seth

Legend
Also, apparently a lot of New Japan people hate working with RoH, so may soon see that partnership go away, which open the door for AEW and New Japan.

Kasumi

Future Endeavoured
Banned
What about Ospreay? This would be an amazing year for a surprise winner like that.

If it's a repeat the B-Block is looking a little thin, and Naito's story is still too great, especially if he keeps his promise to beat Okada at WK AS IC champ
Osprey and his constant high spots can suck it, slow your roll Osprey this aint a gymnastic floor routine and a high wire circus, slow ya roll.

or Log in using

Latest Discussions