NJPW Discussion Thread

Geese

The Showoff
Hotshot
In the November 17 episode of IMPACT in the match between Brian Meyers and Crazzy Steve, Josh Matthews mentioned Chris Bey and TJ Perkins will participate in New Japan's J-Cup on December 12 and customers can watch it by subscribing to NJPW World. Looks like NJPW and IMPACT are gradually repairing their relationship.

Last edited:

Beavie

The BIG BEAV
LDW Management
I watched the November 17 episode of IMPACT in the match between Brian Meyers and Crazzy Steve, they mentioned IMPACT wrestlers Chris Perkins and TJ Perkins will participate in New Japan's J-Cup on December 12 and mentioned customers can watch it by subscribing to NJPW World. Looks like New Japan and IMPACT are gradually repairing their relationship.

Then add Don Callis being on AEW and being referred to as from IMPACT Wrestling...

Jon Moxley mentioning he holds two belts in two different continents...

Holy fuck that would be quite a trio relationship of promotions.

• Disagree
Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Geese

The Showoff
Hotshot
Dave Meltzer reported Rocky Romero and Tony Khan have been speaking frequently in an effort to build a better relationship between NJPW and AEW. Romero refuted Meltzer's report: "Meltzer's reporting that me and Khan are having calls all the time, which is not true." Romero said the last time he spoke to Khan was a month ago. Romero said, "Meltzer is not completely lying but he's selling something. He's trying to get clicks."

Rocky Romero Refutes AEW-NJPW Rumors (sescoops.com)

Last edited:

Roadster

Crazy yout
Legend
Yeah, that's probably never going to happen ever again. Only possible way it might happen is during the HHH reign, but WWE wants to thoroughly distance itself from any other promotion.

IndyWrestler

Jobber
Jobber
Yeah, that's probably never going to happen ever again. Only possible way it might happen is during the HHH reign, but WWE wants to thoroughly distance itself from any other promotion.
Thing is that WWE will only ever work with a company for their benefit. Indy promotions like ICW, Progress and formerly EVOLVE gained some exposure from the working relationship with WWE and in return, WWE was able to grow their own NXT UK or NXT brand by both taking talent and letting talent work their shows. NJPW, AEW and Impact are all too big for WWE to work together: They see them as too much of a threat and don't want them to benefit in any way, shape or form. I know there was news once of WWE approaching AJPW in regards to starting up NXT Japan but who knows where that went.

Roadster

Crazy yout
Legend
Thing is that WWE will only ever work with a company for their benefit. Indy promotions like ICW, Progress and formerly EVOLVE gained some exposure from the working relationship with WWE and in return, WWE was able to grow their own NXT UK or NXT brand by both taking talent and letting talent work their shows. NJPW, AEW and Impact are all too big for WWE to work together: They see them as too much of a threat and don't want them to benefit in any way, shape or form. I know there was news once of WWE approaching AJPW in regards to starting up NXT Japan but who knows where that went.
Yeah, I was really excited for the NXT Japan project. I think I read a report that said that the pandemic put a clamp on the project. I sincerely hope they go back for it, when everything opens up.

or Log in using

Latest Discussions