NJPW NJPW Discussion Thread

Kairi HoHo

Wildheart
Legend
Yeah Wrestling in Japan has been more enjoyable to me more often than not vs in the States, and I love what it brings to the table. Suzuki was brought up that way and generations have carried that same vibe while also keeping that same thought. You can't teach that for sure.

• Applause
Reactions: Suplex Idol

Suplex Idol

Master of the Suplex
Legend
New Japan is returning June 16 with the rescheduled New Japan Cup. There are several rules in place including that buildings will be capped at 30% attendance, and the other is that any foreign talent flying in for NJPW would need to be quarantined for two weeks upon entering the country. In addition, staff and wrestlers have all been subject to antibody testing, and venues have been carefully prepared for a return to action.

Here is the Bracket.

Out of the first round the main matches I will be watching are Okada vs Gedo, Nagata vs Suzuki, Kota vs ZSJ, SHO vs Shingo, and EVIL vs Kojima

Suplex Idol

Master of the Suplex
Legend
Honestly, I'd be 100% ok with this. Unironically. Dude deserves to finally win one instead of just playing spoiler/comedic relief to the rest of the field in other tournaments
You know before I would disagree with you, but honestly I feel the same way. I mean, he was one of the top heels in New Japan back in the day and I have come to terms with comedy wrestlers and such.

Geese

The Showoff
Hotshot
Last edited:

Geese

The Showoff
Hotshot
NJPW will have a new show on NJPW World called Lion's Break Collision which is every Friday nights. It will feature US wrestlers and talent training at their LA Dojo/Wrestling school. The card for the first show will be:

Clark Connors vs. Alex Coughlin. Jeff Cobb & Rocky Romero vs. TJ Perkins & Karl Fredericks.

or Log in using

Latest Discussions