Other NWA Powerrr

Grievous 3D

The Bees Made Honey In The Lion's Skull
Legend
NWA Powerrr #8 Notes:
~ Eli Drake is good promo...
~ TIM STORM for the Main Event!
~ Thunder Rosa continues to impress me...
~ Oh Wow...The Question Mark vs. Zane Dawson...in an empty studio...
~ And that was a solid match...and the "Shakespeare" performance was
vomit inducing...
~ The Question Mark vs. Trevor Murdoch? I called that for the PPV!
~ Can Melina actually "wrestle"? I've never seen her work a match...
~ The Circle Squared seems like a great idea...
~ And they went with a women's tag match for the PPV...which seems
like a waste...but what do I know.

So...this episode of Powerrr was clearly put together VERY quickly in
the wake of the "Cornette situation" and while it was basically a "stop
gap" episode (like a clip show really) it still kept the product moving
forward.

I'm very much looking forward to the Into the Fire pay per view...even
if its not the card I wanted see.

Kassius HoHo

Prince of Joshi
Legend

Man I was really...really torn with this Episode from Tuesday. Now I would say I absolutely loved seeing the promoting of fellow Latinos like myself in Melina and Thunder Rosa, but damn at the time I was hoping to see some Wrestling. I get it what Cornette did was wrong, but the firing of him that I didn't agree with really is going to make the Show fell off at times if next Week it's Cornette out on Commentary completely. Still I have faith they'll figure out the right formula for them going forward. Drake's Opening Promo was great he's really separating himself among the Roster just on his Promo work alone. I'm sure he'll defeat Anderson and next stop is facing Aldis I imagine.

Yeah I was laughing pretty hard seeing the Dawsons speak Shakespeare. I liked how the hurt Dawson would in and out sell his injury to his Throat from Question Mark. So weird this team works and with the power or KA..RA..TE powering them who knows what happens for them. The Melina Interview I really enjoyed this Week. Pretty much she is saying she doesn't know it means to be Champion and she wants to show her how it's done. I can't see them losing at Into The Fire's PPV, Allysin might be in for a mugging after that Match.

Up to this point I was being given the Potatoes then they gave me the Ribs with Rosa journey in MMA. I was so proud to watch that, because their aren't enough Latino Athletes getting enough time in the Sun. WWE I've been asking for Years to see something like this happen and NWA clearly considers Thunder Rosa a Star and maybe even their face of the Division eventually. Rosa did 6 Months of Training and proved she had all the tools in the World to become a Champion with time. My Mother always told me when you go out that Door you represent not just yourself, but me and us as a culture make us proud. Rosa did that.

Jeffry Fucking Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
LDW Management
Wasn't a great episode, but understandable and probably the best they could've done considering the situation. It's really disappointing, however, reading the comments on Youtube and seeing so many people take Cornette's side in this and saying it's not that big a deal what he said.

I also sadly just realized that I won't be watching Into The Fire live, since CZW Cage of Death is running at the same time, and Jimmy Lloyd vs. Brandon Kirk is gonna be one hell of a crazy, sloppy, all out war. But I definitely will be watching ITF as soon as possible afterwards. Should be a very fun show

• Agree
Reactions: Grievous 3D

Jeffry Fucking Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
LDW Management
Well Cornette's last episode finally aired, so that's good news. His replacement is the bad news. And I couldn't be more excited for both of those things.

Fine episode, served it's purpose well, had a cool nostalgic ending, and was a good final build for the PPV... which is a week and a half away? If that was the season finale of Powerrr, does that mean there's no new episode next week? Very interesting timing if that is indeed the case

Seth

The Switchblade Era Has Begun!
Legend
Well Cornette's last episode finally aired, so that's good news. His replacement is the bad news. And I couldn't be more excited for both of those things.

Fine episode, served it's purpose well, had a cool nostalgic ending, and was a good final build for the PPV... which is a week and a half away? If that was the season finale of Powerrr, does that mean there's no new episode next week? Very interesting timing if that is indeed the case
Tonight's episode was the season 1 finale...though I am three weeks behind so

Kassius HoHo

Prince of Joshi
Legend
Bennett is a very intelligent fella and I haven't seen him do any play by play when he's not in Character talking about bad news. Should be interesting what he says because he brings that element of a former Wrestler into the Potion should be fun. With that a fun Go Home Show even though I wanted to see more Wrestling to balance out all the Ads/Backstage/Sideline Interview stuff. No shock to see Aron Stevens pick up the win vs Starks it was so easy to figure out that he would use The Question Mark in any way possible to get ahead. I do wonder how long does this pairing because Miz and Sandow went forever it felt like and when Sandow was left in the cold they didn't have anything for him. I hope they had a better plan both guys as I see Starks winning the National Title somehow be able to survive all the chaos that will go on vs Stevens and Cabana.

I really liked that sitdown Interview with Aldis this Week. Pretty crazy they had stuff like that unaired Three Way Battle and made it work for Aldis aiding in what he was saying throughout. Aldis wants to shut up the Mouth of Storm so he can't say he hasn't been given an opportunity should be interesting how that Match when you add Hebner and now Storm to the mix with the biggest prize on the line. Also the Kamille angle to this I wonder if this a game by Aldis to get Kamille to screw over Storm when he thinks she is going aid him. Makes me think when Sherri went with Sting and this turned on him later when Flair was coming for his World Title. It could happen and Storm might be the key to it all who knows.

Okay so like I said before how much of a Melina and Mickie mark I was and damn Melina is bringing that fire for me after how she looked...and what she said towards not just Kay, but the industry itself when it comes to Women's Wrestling. I do find it funny Kay coming out and hulking it up in a sense acting if she dealing with a rookie, rather a veteran who knows all the bumps on the road more than you. Another beatdown for Kay and unless NWA is keeping secrets close the vest going into Into the Fire she might be taking some more of that going forward.

Nine times Around for the Rock and Roll Express and I'm happy to see it even if it's for a Week because I can't see them retaining at Into the Fire, but party it up guys like it's 1985 again. The environment was great for them and say whatever you want about Cornette it was special to see him come into the Ring and congratulate them. He's been for Years the Manager with The Midnight Express trying to cripple Rick and Robert, and now he's there giving them their due like they deserve for their hard work to reach the top of the Mountain. So great and nice way to end the Show this Week!

Reactions: Seth

or Log in using