News NXT has the meats

Wrestling News

The People's Champion
Legend
WWE.com
And they’re putting the man who brought back ‘Big Guy Magic’ and the self-described Thicc Boi in action next week to prove it.

NXT already had three matches announced for next week’s episode, including at least two with direct implications for the pre-SummerSlam TakeOver: XXX. Now they’ve gone ahead and thrown some beef on the grill to go with those.

Cameron Grimes made the mistake of interrupting a pissed off Keith Lee last Wednesday, and it landed him on the Injury Report with a jaw contusion. He might end up even worse for wear after the non-title match just announced for Aug. 5.

Last week, @CGrimesWWE said he wanted to teach #NXTChampion @RealKeithLee about respect. Will he come to eat those words when they square off THIS WEDNESDAY on #WWENXT?Keith Lee vs. Cameron Grimes pic.twitter.com/72LB1v33DX

— WWE NXT (@WWENXT) August 1, 2020
But Triple H & team do seem to like the former Impact star from North Carolina, so don’t be surprised if he makes it out alive thanks to something Scarlett & Karrion Kross have up their sleeve. Well, guess it would have to be Kross, since Scarlett doesn’t usually wear things with sleeves. Anyway...

I would consider this an unwise decision....and that is even with me ignoring the fallacy in your statement.

BUT.

Let's offer some appreciation for the fact that Grimes has the courage to do what Kross cannot....twice.

I respect that... but I am still going to dismantle you. https://t.co/PTnmVEFUUi

— Historic Lee (@RealKeithLee) August 1, 2020
Bronson Reed is one of two up-and-comers who’ve punched their ticket into the ladder match for the North American championship on Aug. 22. He got a profile video on July 29, and now he’ll get a tune up match against countryman Shane Thorne.

This is also interesting as it’s Thorne’s first appearance outside of Main Event since his MVP-managed team with Brendan Vink went poof back in May.

Big meaty men slapping less meaty men will join these items already on the menu for Aug. 5:

- Damian Priest vs. Oney Lorcan vs. Ridge Holland for a spot in the North American title ladder match at TakeOver: XXX

- Dakota Kai vs. Rhea Ripley for the right to challenge Women’s champion Io Shirai at TakeOver

- Undisputed ERA (Kyle O’Reilly & Bobby Fish) vs. Imperium (Fabian Aichner & Marcel Barthel) (c) for the NXT Tag titles
Sound like a filling meal?

Continue reading...

or Log in using

Latest Discussions