MMA Official MMA (See: UFC) Thread

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
So ufc 236 from what I saw was pretty decent. Think I caught it from the 2nd fight on main card. That rountree fight was like a predator toying with his prey he looked phenomenal since moving to Thailand.

Adesanya vs gastelum was admittedly way better than I expected. I mean I didnt think it would be a bad fight but it was way better than I thought.
Holloway vs Poirier was fire aswell. Looked like max was out after the first round but he hung in there pretty well. I agree with both decision wins too. Poirier deserved the win when you consider the fight as a whole. And adesanya aswell. Holy crap he shut the doubters up! Alotk people were saying how over hyped he is because of his last win but no way he is a star in the making. Flashy, intelligent striker, knows when to hit and turn up the pressure and can evade shots like hes in the matrix.

All in all good fights.

3d0m

HAT(RED)
Contender
Adenanya is good, real good. But I find it funny how people call him a "young, up and coming star" when he's damn near Khabib, McGregor even Jones' age - "veterans" lol. I thought he was like 25 or something until I looked it up.
That said, the dude has a bright future.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
In all honesty,as much as I like Ferguson.... I think he should hang it up before it's too late. He is not in a good place mentally. I would hate to see a chris Benoit scenario go down.

Adesanya is like 29 or 30 I think but hes still newish to the ufc only like 7 fights in 14 months. If he stays the course and can beat whittaker then hes set.

The Sheik

The Architect
Hotshot
Sucks about Rose, she's still the best fighter in the Straweight Division, easily.

Brazil needed Jessica to win this fight, after what happened to Aldo and Silva. Wasn't looking good for the Brazilians.

Reactions: Brockamura

Geese

The Showoff
Rising Star
I'm looking at this picture of UFC Ultimate Fighters and the fighter with the bright red hair looks like Tatanka.

Tatanka, MMA.jpg

Last edited:

Geese

The Showoff
Rising Star
UFC's official youtube page features old school UFC matches and some pay-per-views for free. You can watch UFC 1: The Beginning and UFC 12: Judgement Day in its entirety.

Reactions: Brockamura

Brockamura

The Birdman
Legend
UFC's official youtube page features old school UFC matches and some pay-per-views for free. You can watch UFC 1 and UFC 12: Judgement Day in its entirety.

Yeah, I watched some of their videos. Good stuff.

Geese

The Showoff
Rising Star
Royce Gracie vs. Ken Shamrock UFC 5. I kinda felt the draw was a correct decision. Ken knew there were no judges at the time so he can't complain about getting robbed. He was also playing it safe; he kept his chin tucked in for most of the fight to prevent from getting choked by Gracie. Playing it safe doesn't get you a win.

or Log in using