Fresh off AAA’s Invading NY event, the full card for Héroes Inmortales XIII has officially been announced. It features a cage match main event, three title fights, and the Copa Antonio Peña.
The listed bouts are as follows:
- Cage Match: Psycho Clown & Rey Escorpion vs Pentagon & Texano vs Dr. Wagner Jr. & Averno vs Pagano & Chessman
- Megacampeonato: Fenix (champ) vs Kenny Omega
- Copa Antonio Peña: Aerostar vs Laredo Kid vs Murder Clown vs Myzteziz Jr. vs Dragon Bane vs Dave the Clown vs Monster Clown vs La Hiedra vs Faby Apache vs La Parka Negra vs a surprise luchador
- Octagon Jr., Puma King, & Dinastia vs Abismo Negro Jr., Arez, & Super Fly
- Latin American Championship: Drago (champ) vs Daga
- Mixed Tag Championship: Lady Maravilla & Villano III Jr. (champs) vs Chik Tormenta & Latigo vs Big Mami & Niño Hamburguesa
- Lady Shani, Octagoncito, Argenis, & Pimpinela Escarlata vs Vanilla, Demus, Mamba, & Australian Suicide
Let’s run down the card with initial observations. My first thought was that the show looks pretty stacked with stakes for numerous bouts. It should be an enjoyable evening of entertainment.
The main event has an intriguing cage stipulation instead of a generic trios bout. It is also interesting that they made the tag team pairs mixed with a tecnico and a rudo. It is too bad Blue Demon Jr. isn’t there to partner with Dr. Wagner Jr. That would have been fun to watch.
Fenix versus Kenny Omega continues AAA’s partnership with AEW. I wonder if this bout was signed before AAA partnered with Impact for Invading NY. It shouldn’t matter, but we all know how petty wrestling can be at times.
The Copa Antonio Peña has had varying formats in the past, but the recent trend is Royal Rumble rules. This might be the first year that women are participating to make it intergender action.
The trios match is listed as, “Poder a Poder.” I don’t know what that means. I understand the words as, “Power to Power,” but your guess is as good as mine as to what type of match it will be; probably a straight trios contest with a meaningless moniker. I noticed Poder del Norte is not on the card. Maybe they will come down to kick both teams’ butts as a sign of power.
Daga won a number one contender bout at Invading NY for the Cruiserweight Championship, so it only makes sense that he is awarded a Latin American Championship shot. Daga squandered his last title opportunity against Drago by using brass knuckles to get disqualified.
The Mixed Tag bout will be a chance for Big Mami and Niño Hamburguesa to recoup their gold from Lady Maravilla and Villano III Jr. Hamburguesa should be fully focused now that he knows Maravilla was only using him to tease a relationship.
The opening 4-vs-4 atomicos bout has a curious lineup with partners Pimpinela Escarlata and Mamba on opposing teams. I wonder if a story will be brewing on that front in the next TV taping.
If you are a cage match enthusiast, then it is a heck of a time to be a lucha libre fan. CMLL’s 86th Anniversary on September 27 and AAA’s Héroes Inmortales XIII on October 19 will both have main events settled inside four walls of steel. What do you think of the Héroes Inmortales XIII card? Which matches stick out to you? Which contest will steal the show?
Bonus programming note: AAA’s Invading NY event will air on AXS on Friday, September 20 at 8 p.m. ET.