News Paige doesn’t explain why Asuka & Kairi Sane are now called Kabuki Warriors

Wrestling News

The People's Champion
Legend

Don’t know if Asuka and Kairi Sane needed a name for their tag team, but this week on SmackDown they got one.

During a very brief promo prior to Asuka and Sane’s match versus Mandy Rose and Sonya Deville, Paige hyped up her clients then kind of just named them.

The #KabukiWarriors @WWEAsuka & @KairiSaneWWE are the FUTURE of @WWE's entire Women's Tag Team division according to @RealPaigeWWE! #SDLive pic.twitter.com/6LWFaokKOr

— WWE (@WWE) May 15, 2019
Spoilers from the London episode of SmackDown and reactions online were not too kind to the name Kabuki Warriors.

If given the book, what name would you have bestowed upon the team of Asuka and Kairi Sane?

Get complete SmackDown results and coverage here.

Continue reading...

Grievous II

The Cybernetic Cringe
Legend
Okay so...having Asuka & Kairi together is wonderful...
but having Paige with them is like pouring raw sewage
on a wedding cake.

Also...

Kabuki

So...are Asuka & Kairi actually going to perform dance-dramas?

Because I'd actually watch SDL for that...

Well...at least they didn't call them the Bukkake Warriors.

:sonic:

Seto

WWEF's Resident Puroresu and Joshi Fan
Legend
Okay so...having Asuka & Kairi together is wonderful...but having Paige with them is like pouring raw sewage on a wedding cake.

So...are Asuka & Kairi actually going to perform dance-dramas?
Agree with your first statement, and the only reason Paige is their manger is because they no speak the Engrish very good. Though Paige always sounds like a Drunk to be honest.

Also, no, and only hookers were allowed to do Kabuki and the only reason they were named such dumbass name is because it is a stereotype and they are uncultured swine.i mean, there are plenty of names they could have picked and almost they need a better theme as their combined one is just terrible.

• Agree
Reactions: Grievous II

The Sheik

The Architect
Hotshot
Kairi Sane is a joke.. Asuka needs to get away from her and Paige.. Asuka should be headlining PPV's, not in some boring tag team in the shitty tag team division.

Also, the 3 of them together is very awkward. They look like 3 single acts just thrown together... which they are I guess.

The Sheik

The Architect
Hotshot
How can you say something so wrong & then so right?

What's your problem with Kairi Sane?
She has a pirate gimmick, which automatically makes her a joke, she can't cut a promo so it will make it hard to buy into any of her storylines.. and managers are outdated and hardly ever work anymore (on the main roster)

I stand by what I said, Kairi Sane is a joke.

• Disagree
Reactions: Seto

Will

The Showoff
Rising Star
Puroresu Warriors? Kabuki sounds like a Sushi place and sounds super lame imo. It's like if Paige teamed with another UK girl and called them Pub warriors

Grievous II

The Cybernetic Cringe
Legend
She has a pirate gimmick, which automatically makes her a joke, she can't cut a promo so it will make it hard to
buy into any of her storylines.. and managers are outdated and hardly ever work anymore (on the main roster)

Okay...look...I'm a fair man so I will admit I don't get the "Pirate" Gimmick...
& our opinions on the importance of promos couldn't be more different...
but the woman can wrestle & that's the most important element for me
personally when watching wrestling.

I like Kairi Sane & you don't...and I can accept that.

*Looks Around*

See...I can be civil.

Also, no, and only hookers were allowed to do Kabuki and the only reason they were named such dumbass name is because it is a stereotype and they are uncultured swine.i mean, there are plenty of names they could have picked and almost they need a better theme as their combined one is just terrible.
Well...

Teriyaki Warriors would have been worse right?

Ugh...

Seto

WWEF's Resident Puroresu and Joshi Fan
Legend
She has a pirate gimmick, which automatically makes her a joke, she can't cut a promo so it will make it hard to buy into any of her storylines.. and managers are outdated and hardly ever work anymore (on the main roster)

Her "pirate" gimmick is based on the fact that she did Yachting/Sailing and even competed in the Summer Olympics in it for Japan. She can cut a good/decent promo just not in English because it isn't for first language and Japanese wrestling has never been real big on promos like American Wrestling. She was and is known to be one of the hardest working female wrestlers in the world. I mean, her time in Stardom proves she is good. I will agree though the manger thing just doesn't work anymore.

Last edited:

The Sheik

The Architect
Hotshot
Okay...look...I'm a fair man so I will admit I don't get the "Pirate" Gimmick...
& our opinions on the importance of promos couldn't be more different...
but the woman can wrestle & that's the most important element for me
personally when watching wrestling.

I like Kairi Sane & you don't...and I can accept that.

*Looks Around*

See...I can be civil.

Well...

Teriyaki Warriors would have been worse right?

Ugh...
It's not our opinion on the importance of promos... It's WWE's opinion, and they value promos more than anything else.

This is a North American company, if you can't cut an English promo, you can't cut a promo.. This isn't Japan.

Also, her in ring work is average at best.. Io Shirai and Asuka are miles better than her.

• Disagree
Reactions: Grievous II

Grievous II

The Cybernetic Cringe
Legend
It's not our opinion on the importance of promos... It's WWE's opinion, and they value promos more than anything else.
Well...I don't give a fuck what the WWE "values"

How does that sound?
This is a North American company, if you can't cut an English promo, you can't cut a promo..
Its statements like this that make me think you're on their payroll.

This isn't Japan.
Which is a shame.

I actually like Japan.

Also, her in ring work is average at best.. Io Shirai and Asuka are miles better than her.
Okay...I tried the civil approach but I'm done
with that as I'm done with you & this thread.

Go buy a Baron Corbin shirt.