News "Paul Wright" AKA The Big Show Signs with AEW

Beavie

Queen Beav
LDW Management

Talk about a bit of a shocker. Someone who has been a very loyal person to WWE, and not even knowing he was done with WWE, he has signed with AEW. The article on AEW's site hints at wrestling but shows he will be on a commentary role on a new AEW show (and my guess is in a backstage role as well). I don't expect he'd be used much in the ring, but with his experience, this may be a good get for AEW to help mentor some of their younger talents.

E.A. Roadster

The Authentic
Legend
Damn, that's quite wild. He just seemed like one of the WWE4Lyfe guys that wouldn't leave. I do hope he's allowed to have some matches because his last few years in WWE showed that he was really capable of putting on some good matches with the right opponent, especially seeing as he's really gotten into shape.

I also find it really weird that WWE never mentioned him leaving. He spent 20+ years there, a top star, realistically, and he left without so much as a tweet?

IndyWrestler

The Artiste
Contender
Big Show is a real legendary name to say the least, and with him having lost close to a 100lbs in the last couple of years, I definitely see him wrestling again in the future. WCW is getting back together!

I do know WWE paid him 1.3m yearly (base salary) the last couple of years that he was a part-time performer. My guess is that, with COVID, they dropped him and didn't include him as part of the active talent they released as he probably didn't have a full-time contract any longer. Disrespectful.

Hoping Big Show doesn't hold a Vendetta against WWE because of it

E.A. Roadster

The Authentic
Legend
Big Show is a real legendary name to say the least, and with him having lost close to a 100lbs in the last couple of years, I definitely see him wrestling again in the future. WCW is getting back together!

I do know WWE paid him 1.3m yearly (base salary) the last couple of years that he was a part-time performer. My guess is that, with COVID, they dropped him and didn't include him as part of the active talent they released as he probably didn't have a full-time contract any longer. Disrespectful.

Hoping Big Show doesn't hold a Vendetta against WWE because of it
Considering Big Show's hatred for WCW, despite it being where he got his big break and where he started his career, I think he might hold a bit of resentment for that. I would, at least. It's not so much the money, as it is the fact that Big Show was carted out for weeks upon weeks when he was 'valuable' for Vince McMahon, and yeah he got paid, but he surely made more than 1.3m for Vince McMahon over 20 years. He leaves without any sort of recognition or mention.

• Agree
Reactions: IndyWrestler

IndyWrestler

The Artiste
Contender
Considering Big Show's hatred for WCW, despite it being where he got his big break and where he started his career, I think he might hold a bit of resentment for that. I would, at least. It's not so much the money, as it is the fact that Big Show was carted out for weeks upon weeks when he was 'valuable' for Vince McMahon, and yeah he got paid, but he surely made more than 1.3m for Vince McMahon over 20 years. He leaves without any sort of recognition or mention.
I agree.

Also, I was talking about his base salary as a part-time performer. Even if he barely worked or didn't work at all, he'd make 1.3m every year from 2017 onwards. In his prime and even the years before 2017, he made 2.5m+ quite regularly. The Undertaker had a similar deal, but his base salary was 2m.

or Log in using

Latest Discussions