Random Wrestling Questions Vol.2: Women's Division Edition

Grievous II

Revenge Of The Cringe
Legend
So...just like last time...this is a list of simple questions to create some
discussion and get our minds thinking about the future of the WWE landscape.

In honor of the first ever Women's Money In The Bank Ladder Match...this volume
is all about the women's division...because its about time the Women's Revolution
started moving forward and smashed some more glass ceilings.

1). Do think Nikki Cross or Ruby Riot would be a viable NXT Champion...or is Ember Moon the only real choice?

2). We have now had a Hell in a Cell, an Ironwoman match and a MitB ladder match...what is the next logical
"gimmick" match for the women's division?

3). Some say Bayley has been ruined by her main roster booking...How would you "fix" this current situation?

4). Do you believe Becky Lynch would be held in "higher regard" in the WWE if she was American?

5). What is your honest opinion of Naomi as the SmackDown Women's Champion?

6). How would you get Carmella "over" with the WWE Universe?

7). Do you honestly think we will see Paige back wrestling in a WWE ring?

8). How & on which brand would you book the return of Summer Rae?

9). Who is the most "overrated" member of the women's division?

10). Who is the most "underrated" member of the women's division?

Well...that's it...

10 questions for you guys to sink your teeth into. I look forward to reading the answers and the
discussions that will hopefully be created.

Have a good one...and I'll see you all around the traps.

Reactions: Nicole-Haze

Smg

The Game
Technician
1. No, I think Ember Moon would be the best option right now. Ember's been protected even though she has a loss against Asuka, but keep in mind that no one has kicked out of her finisher (forget the name, corkscrew stunner?).

2. Elimination Chamber

3. Stop making her look like a 5 year old girl, give her some legitimacy by putting her in a feud with someone like Emma, and give her a better script ffs. Give her a new finisher as well, new ring attire, etc. All of this could be done by just giving her some time off and hyping her return up.

4. No

5. It was unexpected but I'm glad she's the champ. Great in-ring performer but the overall title rain has been a bit bland, which we can blame booking. Nothing wrong with her as a competitor tho

6. Have her win the MITB match and cut heel promos every week. People would get sick of them, thus making boo city reign. Have her do anything to win, but don't make it seem that she needs Ellsworth.

7. Yes

8. Smackdown with the Fashion Police. I can see this working out especially since Deputy Dango and Officer Breeze have worked with her in the past.

9. Tricky, but Nia

10. Tricky again, but I have to say Dana

Reactions: Grievous

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Legend
1. I believe Cross needs more time to develop her crazy persona, and I just can't get behind Riot, so I would say yes, right now Moon is the only viable option. If it were me, Asuka would just vacate the title

2. Last Woman Standing

3. I would have her do one of two things. Either have her do more of NXT Bayley, then right as she's starting to get more support, BAM, injury angle. That little bit of like will fester into missing her, then have her do a triumphant return as a fan girl, not a child

4. Possibly, but probably not

5. She's decent. Think of it like this. In a movie, you watch as an awesome character rises the rank and eventually fights the badass but admittedly meh Champion. You can believe that they're the champ, but you're more invested in the main character. Naomi is that champ, I'm not invested in her, but I don't mind her being champ... As long as she destroys Lana

6. Money in the Bank. Her, Ellsworth, and the briefcase will be gold

7. Nope, and if we do it'll be more of a "by the way Paige is back". She'll never be the badass we all wanted her to be

8. Wouldn't, I honestly don't know how she still has a job

9. Overrated? Sasha Banks. I get that she was great in NXT, but I didn't watch NXT back then, and she sucks on the main roster. The Boss gimmick has failed to connect with me, her talent has failed to wow me, and her awesome theme is mediocre to me

10. Tamina. Everybody hates Tamina, but I see potential in her to be the next Chyna - and I don't mean one night in Fiji. I could see Tamina beating up the Bollywood Boys or one of the Colons, I could see her being an unstoppable force in the women's division, and I could see Smackdown show Raw how they should've used Nia Jax with Tamina

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Legend
Forgot to mention the second option with the Bayley plan. Plan B is to Reigns it, keep up the awful child stuff to the point where people hate her, drag it on, then during a show in either Philly or Chicago (where crowds are the worst) have her snap after being betrayed by the crowd and turn her heel. Heel Bayley seems akward on paper, and I honestly don't know how they'd book her, but I feel like it'll get her over with the smarks, then when they turn her face after a while, she'll be over with both smarks and marks

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Legend
1). Do think Nikki Cross or Ruby Riot would be a viable NXT Champion...or is Ember Moon the only real choice?

Asuka shouldn't drop the belt IMO if she does it's gotta be Ember. Nikki could be an upset/ surprise win and Ruby...ruby wouldn't make any sense.

2). We have now had a Hell in a Cell, an Ironwoman match and a MitB ladder match...what is the next logical

Elimination Chamber.

3). Some say Bayley has been ruined by her main roster booking...How would you "fix" this current situation?

Get whoever booked her in NXT on RAW. For whatever reason she went from role-model uber babyface that was over as fuck in NXT to a daddy's girl weirdo loser with no heat on RAW...sensational.

4). Do you believe Becky Lynch would be held in "higher regard" in the WWE if she was American?

If Becky was American, Blond and had bigger tits she'd be so fucking over in Stamford right now /s. On a serious note I think it's just the accent holding her back as reported a while ago it ain't sexy to Kevin Dunn.

5). What is your honest opinion of Naomi as the SmackDown Women's Champion?

Meh.

6). How would you get Carmella "over" with the WWE Universe?

Pairing back up with Enzo and Cass.

7). Do you honestly think we will see Paige back wrestling in a WWE ring?

Gotta promote that movie the Rock is producing somehow and she's young WWE is all about those second chances ( about 10-20 yrs after the fact...if you're a draw).

8). How & on which brand would you book the return of Summer Rae?

Smackdown. Fashion police.

9). Who is the most "overrated" member of the women's division?

Sasha.

10). Who is the most "underrated" member of the women's division?

It's between Emma and Natalya for me.

Snowman

Chillin' with the snowmies.
The IIconics
1: Yeah. During their matches they totally come across as around the level of Asuka, which is great! Booking-wise Ruby did take a hit last week from being eliminated from that match, but... I'd be satisfied with either dethroning Asuka.
However, them going the route of "hey these indy girls don't need much time in NXT, let them be free quality food for Asuka for a few months before being actual competition for Alexa" also makes sense.

2: ...As interesting as a women's Royal Rumble sounds, I'd rather just see a great payoff to a great story from the women right now.

3: Anyone remotely involved with current Raw creative should be replaced anyway, so that's a good start. Maybe bring over Ryan Ward who was head writer on Smackdown back when they were actually hot last year, and NXT when it was on fire and produced many quality characters we were invested in. Why they demoted him I don't know

4: Who knows, but I don't buy into that all that much. She's never stood out on Smackdown

5: I'm a fan, but I love characters who have a kayfabe reason to get behind them. I felt really bad when Naomi got hurt, and her little sob story of not being able to go to her hometown Wrestlemania as champion was pretty effective, I thought. So her winning the belt in her hometown was a big pop moment, and we need more of those. So thumbs up for that alone even if the rest of it has been stagnant due to so much focus being on The Weather Channel

6: ...If I was fantasy booking, I wouldn't bother. Those thinking MITB is the ticket for success aren't seeing the bigger picture. Literally the LAST thing the women's division needs is a Seth Rollins/Kevin Owens type of champion where a guy is running interference. The thought of that scares me so much that seeing her win MITB will be... Unsettling. Sick of the chicken heels. We all are.

7: No, but meh. She was never the same on the main roster.

8: Smackdown... Tamina and Carmella attack Naomi after the match with Lana, beat her down before Natalya (who won MITB) has her music hit, as she comes down the ramp all slowly and Becky and Charlotte bump her on the way down to make the save on Naomi, fight back the other two Weather Channel girls and then... a random blonde attacks Naomi from behind, lays her out with a roundhouse kick as she turns around... it's Summer Rae? Natalya cashes in, new champ... then the storyline from there will be more about Summer behind the scenes coercing the goons to take HER side, turning Natalya into a face champion

9:...odd to say after writing a whole fantasy booking where the focus is on her, but Natalya. I just don't think she's nearly as good as people say in the ring.

10: A giant "Emma" light appears.

collim1

The Artiste
Contender

Don't know enough about them to answer.

2).We have now had a Hell in a Cell, an Ironwoman match and a MitB ladder match...what is the next logical

Tag team championship?

3).Some say Bayley has been ruined by her main roster booking...How would you "fix" this current situation?

Not sure how to fix it. She has been terrible on the mic, and unimpressive in the ring. If she gets another push it will because she sells merchandise to the child audience and nothing else. She never really figured out her identity. She has been inconsistent and her character development just stalled.

4).Do you believe Becky Lynch would be held in "higher regard" in the WWE if she was American?

No. I don't think that had anything to do with it. She just hasn't been in that impressive in the ring. Her look and out of ring stuff is solid in my opinion, she just doesn't impress me with her technical ability. She is an attractive girl but her accent and man voice are very unattractive to me.

5).What is your honest opinion of Naomi as the SmackDown Women's Champion?

She is very athletic, no denying that. She has a lot of energy, and really works. Her wrestling is solid, though her multiple kick dance or whatever that is is a little silly. I don't care for her on the mic or the "feel the glo" gimmick.

6).How would you get Carmella "over" with the WWE Universe?

She is doing her job in my opinion. She won't ever get over based on her wrestling ability. She is unattractive and one of the weakest physically. She is, however, annoying and draws good heat. She meddles, distracts, intervenes and is a nuisance to the real contenders. I think she will be the go to heel anytime they need some quick drama or storyline.

7).Do you honestly think we will see Paige back wrestling in a WWE ring?

No. I see her continuing down a drug fueled spiral until she truly hits rock bottom.

8).How & on which brand would you book the return of Summer Rae?

Can't answer that one. Don't know much about her.

9).Who is the most "overrated" member of the women's division?

Bailey. I don't think she deserved the push she got this year. And I think she blew it. She was given a once in a career opportunity right out of the gate and she wasn't ready for it.

10).Who is the most "underrated" member of the women's division?

Alexa Bliss. I think she's great. Definitely a lot of folks don't like her but as far as I'm concerned she is a great heel champion, and I think she gets better every week.

Last edited:

or Log in using