• 5/10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7/10

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Killer Orange Cat

Quiet You
Chairman
Please rate AEW Revolution and make sure to leave a comment to let us know what you thought of the show.

I haven't finished watching the show because my stream was messing up, so the results are not fully completed.

Jack Hager vs Dustin Rhodes

Hager won

Darby Allin vs Sammy Guevara

Allin won

AEW Tag Team Championship: Champions Kenny Omega and Hangman Page vs the Young Bucks

Omega and Page retained by pin fall

AEW Women's Championship: Champion Nyla Rose vs Kris Statlander

Rose retained by pin fall

Cody Rhodes vs MJF

MJF won by pin fall

Orange Cassidy vs PAC

PAC won by pin fall

AEW World Heavyweight Championship: Champion Chris Jericho vs Jon Moxely

Moxely pinned Jericho to become the new champion.

Last edited:

Kairi HoHo

Wildheart
Legend
I personally really enjoyed the AEW Revolution Show. Omega/Page vs The Young Bucks might of been my favorite Match of the Night, with Orange Cassidy vs Pac as a close second. You guys might be wondering wait what? Yeah see the Show and you'll see what I'm talking about. The only Match that disappointed me was Cody vs MJF. I thought going in it had so much great build to it, and the Match to me didn't meet the hype.

Killer Orange Cat

Quiet You
Chairman
Most of the show was really good. I think the women's title match and the main event could have been better. But they were decent, surrounded by a lot of other good matches.

Have to agree the tag champ match and the PAC/Orange match were the best ones. Definitely both worth watching.

Beavie

The BIG BEAV
LDW Management
Giving it a solid 9.

The tag match alone was worth it, but even then, the opener was respectable, helped by a great crowd, Darby vs Sammy, a good showcase of two future stars. Then Orange vs PAC was better than it had any right to be. The right people won as well. Maybe the only complaint is that there were parts that dragged like the middle of Cody vs MJF (didn't help that I had major lag) and the main event had a hot start, went slow in the middle, and the end was when it picked up again.

InsaneAlphaBeta

The "Narrow Minded" Dave Meltzer of WWEF
Hotshot
Absolutely amazing show.

The tag team match between The Young Bucks vs Adamn Page and Kenny Omega was amazing, incredible storytelling on so many levels, and great wrestling too, the young bucks being heelish towards page but sportsmanlike to kenny, the aggression shown was so perfect, and Adam Pages subtle tease like he was gonna use the buckshot on Kenny was so great. You couldnt have done that match any better.

PAC vs Cassidy was awesome in so many ways, Orange Cassidy might be the most over man in AEW besides Luchasaurus Moxley and Darby.

Speaking of Darby he had a great match against Sammy, wonderful display by those two, the dustin and jake hagar match was decent, and so was Nyla vs Kris, personally im just waiting for when Hikaru Shida gets the belt lol.

And ofcourse the main event, Moxley vs Jericho, and man what a match, this was great too, i went in honestly feeling like i feel like jericho should win, but if Moley wins i aint gonna complain because im okay with either situation, and Moxley actually beat Jericho in a great match. And Moxleys promo at the end was a fun way to end the show.

Solid 9/10 for me, 2 decent matches with the rest being great or amazing.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
I'm late to the party lol

I rated the show an 8.. I was bordering on a 9 though.

Great ppv. Amazing matches and storytelling.

The only downs for me were the womens match (I apologize but as much as I respect everyones choice for their life, I cant get behind the decision of allowing biological men to throw women around.. it's just uncomfortable for me to watch and I don't think I'll ever get over that. Again, I respect everyones right to the freedom of their own body, but I just dont agree with the physical contact aspect. Please dont hate me lol)
And the cody/mjf match was a bit slower than I had expected.
Main event was solid but again a tad slower than I might have anticipated. In hindsight it makes sense.. Jericho is nearly 50 and it's not like mox is an insane pace to begin with. It was solid and a great way to end the show. Mox winning the belt and giving a promo to close the night.

• Applause
Reactions: Grievous 3D

RZRBACKHOG

Jobber
Jobber
Show ended up better than expected.

SCU VS Dark Order.
D
I just really hate the dark order. Think their gimmick is just too out there. For this to work they literally have to take over a show and cant come in for just a match. SCU is just too good to be wasted in a match against them.

Dustin Rhodes VS Jake Hager.
F
Dustin HAS to turn heel! Now if you want to help the dark order he would be good to take them over. BUT they would have to take over a show or 2 to make it really work.

Darby Allin VS Sammy Guevara
A+
Really liked this match! Now this is the future of AEW.

Kenny Omega/Page VS Young Bucks
C - D
Come on and quit putting these 2 against each other. There are too many tag teams to consistently see this match. Omega and Page need to be singles wrestlers.

Kris Statlander VS Nyla Rose
F
Really who cares about the womens side of AEW. Its like watching WWE about 8 years ago. Definitely a step back for Women's wrestling and I am a Nyla Rose fan! This is where WWE has run away is with the talent they have on the women's side.

Cody VS MJF
B
Does anyone really remember what direction this is supposed to be going? Cody - A+, MJF - A+, Wardlow - A+, storyline - F.

Orange Cassidy VS Pac
A+++
FINALLY!!!! Orange Cassidy came to wrestle. Really liked this match.

Jon Moxley VS Chris Jericho
C
Just thankful Moxley is now the champion!!! New company can't have a champion that is this close to retirement!!!

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis...
Legend
The only downs for me were the womens match (I apologize but as much as I respect everyones choice for their life, I cant get behind the decision of allowing biological men to throw women around.. it's just uncomfortable for me to watch and I don't think I'll ever get over that. Again, I respect everyones right to the freedom of their own body, but I just dont agree with the physical contact aspect. Please dont hate me lol)
Yes!

Someone else who understands why Nyla Rose wrestling other women is an issue.

Killer Orange Cat

Quiet You
Chairman
Completely 100% disagree with you guys. I loved intergender wrestling in Lucha Underground and have zero problem with Nyla wrestling women even though I don’t like her.

My mom and my aunt Barbie raised me that any girl willing to punch deserves to be punched back. If they don’t want to be hit, then don’t hit first.

Give women a lot more credit. Their bodies are built tougher and they can kick some male ass.

Oh, and it’s pro wrestling. They’re not really fighting so it seems odd to me that it would bother anyone.

Killer Orange Cat

Quiet You
Chairman
We could never hate you. I understand that a lot of guys were raised under the rule not to hit girls. So I don’t agree, but I understand your discomfort. And you are a member of our WWE Forum family so we cannot hate you! 🙃

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Beavie

The BIG BEAV
LDW Management
Really? Wow that was ****1/2 in my view. Match of the night.
Really? Wow that was ****1/2 in my view. Match of the night.
It was apparently given 6 Stars by Uncle Dave, although that is excessive, but it was easily one of the top tag matches I have watched up there with DIY vs Revival and my personal fav of Bucks vs Golden Lovers.

Completely 100% disagree with you guys. I loved intergender wrestling in Lucha Underground and have zero problem with Nyla wrestling women even though I don’t like her.

My mom and my aunt Barbie raised me that any girl willing to punch deserves to be punched back. If they don’t want to be hit, then don’t hit first.

Give women a lot more credit. Their bodies are built tougher and they can kick some male ass.

Oh, and it’s pro wrestling. They’re not really fighting so it seems odd to me that it would bother anyone.
I can understand if it was legitimate sport, then there can be actual debate. But it is wrestling. If Rey Mysterio can beat Big Show a dozen times, then a transfemale can wrestle with people of her gender. Whether or not you like her is up to personal preference. If you wouldn't like Nyla wrestling women, that would be similar logic to female super heroes fighting male super villains and vice-versa, because it is all fake, scripted, theatre, practically a real life Anime. I will agree the match was weaker than the rest of the card, but I just can't fully grasp the logic against it. I understand a smidge since recognizing trans rights is even newer than just general LGBTQ rights, but that is my thoughts on it.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis...
Legend
If you wouldn't like Nyla wrestling women, that would be similar logic to female super heroes fighting male super villains and vice-versa, because it is all fake, scripted, theatre, practically a real life Anime.
Yeah...but Nyla Rose & the women she wrestles are actually real people...
Real life is real...no matter how outlandishly you dress it up.

Using superheroes a pretty piss poor comparison in my opinion.

Movies (& possibly theater) have trained stunt doubles...while
wrestlers themselves are basically their own stunt doubles.

The "Nyla Rose Situation" feels wrong to me personally because
it reminds me of a man changing genders to compete in the
Olympics against women because he couldn't hack it against
men.

And for the record I wouldn't have an issue if Nyla was "smaller"
but she's built like a brick shit house & frankly I think its dangerous
for someone of that size & power to be wrestling women who are
(for the most part) smaller & not as strong.

Its the same issue I have with Nia Jax. Nyla is just like Nia...big &
strong...but awkward as hell & almost clumsy in the ring.

Oh...and don't start on me with any of that LGBTQ rights bullshit
because I'm bisexual & I've dated women, men & those in between
& frankly gender isn't an issue for me...

HOWEVER...

I don't like intergender wrestling, I never will like intergender wrestling
& frankly I think it "promotes" man on woman violence to a sickening
degree.

But then maybe America & Canada is more accepting of that?

I mean I'm the only (FORMER) wrestling fan who looks at Steve Austin
and just see's a coward who physically assaulted two of his former partners
while everyone else (including the female fans) cheer for him.

Sure if a woman threatens your life...take her down...but outside of that...
You.Don't.Hit.Women.

• Disagree
Reactions: Killer Orange Cat

Killer Orange Cat

Quiet You
Chairman

men.

HOWEVER...

degree.

You.Don't.Hit.Women.
If a woman lays a hand on me physically, I will do what I do with men. My first instinct is to leave without giving in to violence. If she prevents me physically from leaving, I will do what I do with men. I will warn her I am a second degree black belt and I don’t want to resort to violence. If she still physically prevents me from leaving, I will do what I do with men, knock her down. I won’t punch first, I use a soft block that normally knocks them on their ass.

But any idea that after all if this woman keeps attacking me and preventing me from leaving that I shouldn’t hit the bitch is pure nonsense.

If a woman has the nerve to start a fight with a man, she should expect to be hit back. Some use this nonsensical notion of men cannot hit women in order to beat on guys.

Anyone, man. woman, midget, Montel Williams... who resorts to violence and is the aggressor deserves to receive exactly what they deserve.

My dad tried to give me that nonsense about not hitting women no matter what. My mom and my aunt Barbie- two WOMEN- told me never to start a fight with anyone. But if anyone, including women, attack you, I better defend myself.

Anyone who will not defend themselves because an outdated notion of chivalry blows my mind. Just let her best you to death, she’s a woman. Yeah my uncle Dave was one of those guys and he didn’t fight back against Aileen Wournos. Guess where that got him.

NEVER violently put your hands on anyone. But if you don’t start the fight and the assailant prevents you from leaving - man or woman- they deserve whatever they get.

Beavie

The BIG BEAV
LDW Management

men.
They are real people, but so are the people who perform in theatre. And I mean, considering wrestlers can have... freakish strength and athleticism, massive endurance, undead zombie powers, shooting fire and mist, and more, the superhero comparison isn't THAT far of a stretch. Even if actors have stunt doubles or special effects from time to time, Wrestling can use that too, but that argument is completely irrelevant. Nyla Rose is played by a trans-woman. Nyla Rose on the screens is the character.

And I don't hear that often about people "changing genders to compete because they couldn't hack it." I said above, that in actual legitimate sport, that is where there is a completely different discussion because I admit that, on average, men and women are different biologically and in an actual sport, there can be issues. That is when you talk to genuine experts who know more than the average person and what someone transitioning goes through. But when Wrestling is performance and sports are competition, the comparison becomes weaker.

You can criticise Nyla for her in-ring ability. It doesn't matter if someone is a guy or a girl, cis or trans if you are not good in the ring, you are not good. But the argument could also be made for giants in the ring that are men like Yokozuna, Big Show, Braun Strowman, and etc. A lot of these giants, even if some of them are skilled, have a harder time to do things due to their size, and they wrestle the likes of the 1-2-3 Kid, Rey Mysterio, Zack Gowen, or even James Ellsworth (who is a creepazoid, but this isn't about that part of it), and you can argue that them wrestling someone of that size wrestling people smaller is dangerous.

I know you're bi. You've made it clear a long time ago and I have no issue with it for you, or Jonny who is Bi, Jacob's own sexuality, and more. I didn't even question about you specifically. It is more a general statement that society, as a whole, is still new to seeing that kind of stuff as socially acceptable. But, even if I did, your first post didn't make your stance clear.

HOWEVER...

degree.

You.Don't.Hit.Women.
Whether or not you like it, that is all up to you. Technically Nyla wrestling other women isn't intergender wrestling since her gender is female.

Canada and America isn't more accepting of that shit.

Domestic violence is fucked up, period, and I don't believe in causing violence against anyone unless provoked. Whether man vs man, woman vs woman, man vs woman, or woman vs man. But the big difference between wrestling and domestic violence is the fact that wrestling isn't a case of someone just beating up on someone (well aside from the wrestling tropes of post-match run-ins, and etc) out of anger or whatever. It is presented with the characters being competitors, consenting competitors. Whether or not it actually does encourage it, we don't have concrete proof of it. That part comes down to parents of kids watching, or whoever, being educated enough to know that it isn't real and that these sorts of things aren't accepted in real life.

Last edited:

EvilBlackCat

The Lunatic Fringe
Rising Star
If a biological female wrestler signs a contract to have a fight with a transgender female wrestler I think that's just fine. In fact, if they sign a contract to fight a biological male wrestler I've got no problem with that either. It's a consensual fight. It's nothing like a man beating his wife. They are trained performing athletes and I think it's great to get to see a woman kick a man's ass now and then.

As for hitting a woman in every day life it all depends on the situation. In fact it should be that way regardless of gender. Fighting should always be a last resort. You shouldn't throw the first punch in most situations. If someone hits you you have every right to hit them back just as hard. I mean, don't beat someone into a bloody pulp for giving you a black eye, but you get the idea. Don't use violence to dominate people, regardless of gender.

or Log in using

Latest Discussions