RAW: July 17th, 2017 [Live Discussion]

Discussion in 'RAW' started by Prince Bálor, Jul 16, 2017.

1. [​IMG]
    When:
    United States: LIVE, Monday Night, July 17, at 8/7c on the USA Network
    United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning, July 18, at 1AM on Sky Sports 5 HD

Where:
    Bridgestone Arena
    Nashville, TN

WWE Raw preview, July 17, 2017: Reigns battles Joe for the right to challenge The Beast at SummerSlam
    [​IMG]
    Roman Reigns will clash with Samoa Joe live on Raw, with the winner going on to challenge Universal Champion Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam. Can The Big Dog earn his first singles victory over The Samoan Submission Machine and Superman Punch his ticket to a title opportunity at The Biggest Party of the Summer? Also on Raw, General Manager Kurt Angle comes clean about a career-threatening predicament.

Universal Champion Brock Lesnar’s SummerSlam challenger to be determined
    [​IMG]
    Roman Reigns announced weeks ago that he’s going to battle for the Universal Championship at SummerSlam, but he’ll have to get through Samoa Joe to do so. As Raw rolls through Nashville, Tenn., The Big Dog collides with The Samoan Submission Machine, one of the rare Superstars Reigns has yet to defeat in singles combat.

With a Universal Championship opportunity on the line, Reigns vs. Joe will undoubtedly turn up the volume in this Music City melee.

Kurt Angle to expose controversy to the world
    [​IMG]
    For the past several weeks, Corey Graves and Raw General Manager Kurt Angle have been secretly discussing some sensitive information that could not only threaten The Olympic Hero’s career, but might just tear his family apart. On Raw, Angle will reveal the details to the world.

The Raw GM will make the revelation alongside a loved one, whose identity has yet to be disclosed. Who is Angle bringing to Raw, and what will they have to say? No matter what, the WWE Hall of Famer’s life and career are about to change forever.

Additionally, WWE.com has learned that following Raw, Angle is scheduled to give a live interview exclusively on WWE Network. Will it be to elaborate on whatever announcement he has in store?

Dean Ambrose to kick off Raw
    [​IMG]
    One week after Dean Ambrose helped Seth Rollins turn back a 3-on-1 attack by The Miz and his Miztourage, The Lunatic Fringe will open Raw, live in Nashville, Tenn.

Despite having mutual nemeses in The A-Lister and his “co-stars,” a distrustful Ambrose made it clear to The Kingslayer last Monday night that they’re far from friends and that he hasn’t forgotten or forgiven Rollins for what he did to dismantle The Shield back in 2014. What will Ambrose get off his chest when Raw goes live at 8/7 C on USA Network, and how will Rollins — and The Miz — respond?

The Hardy Boyz gain new enemies
    [​IMG]
    Seeking to make names for themselves on Raw, the returning Revival attacked The Hardy Boyz immediately after the brothers’ defeat at the hands of Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson this past Monday night. Matt & Jeff have refused to “fade away” and become “obsolete” after failing to recapture the Raw Tag Team Titles at WWE Great Balls of Fire and have said they’ll scratch and claw their way back to those championships no matter who gets in their way.

Have Dash Wilder & Scott Dawson made a mistake in provoking The Hardys? We’ll find out soon enough.

Will Bayley continue to gain momentum?
    [​IMG]
    One week after Nia Jax rendered Bayley unable to compete when The Huggable One teamed with Sasha Banks against the juggernaut and Raw Women’s Champion Alexa Bliss, Bayley pinned the self-proclaimed “Goddess of WWE” in an intense rematch this past Monday night. Based on that victory, it seems Bayley is back in the fight.

Is the beloved Superstar inching toward a championship opportunity after pinning the titleholder?

Big Cass has a big problem with Big Show
    [​IMG]
    After defeating Enzo Amore at WWE Great Balls of Fire, Big Cass gloated about dismantling his former friend, and Big Show was more than happy to look his fellow 7-footer eye-to-eye and take the titanic traitor down a peg.

Following a colossal brawl, The World’s Largest Athlete told WWE.com that Cass “is on the wrong path” and that he “might have bit off more than he can chew.” What will happen if these two goliaths cross paths Monday night?

Don’t miss any of the action on Monday Night Raw at 8/7 C on USA Network.​

2. You just know the fact that #IgnoreReigns hasn't defeated Samoa Joe is just
    eating Vince alive inside...so what's the bet #IgnoreReigns goes over clean.

Or...BRAUN!!! returns and ruins the finish and then Angle...or someone
    else...makes a Four way Match for the Universal title at Summerslam.

Brock Lesnar vs. Samoa Joe vs. Braun Strowman vs. #ignorereigns
    as the main event for Summerslam.

I'm calling it now folks...remember this post!

3. -Dixie Carter debuts, welcome to WWE's version of the Claire Lynch angle folks!
    -Braun Strowman interferes with main event, still a heel :/
    -Ambrose and Rollins goes against The Miz entourage... with hopefully Heath Slater joining them

4. #4 King Of Armageddon, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    Ok so since Raw is opening with Dean Ambrose, I'll start my comment on that.....

1. Dean Ambrose........(I really loathe this guy) I'm really starting to get annoyed with the constant act he does. It's the same routine over and over, week after week, he either come out eventually talk trash about someone then get in a small brawl with fist before hitting Dirty Deeds (or just hitting Dirty Deeds) or someone brings up his name, annoys the crowd and he pops up and hits Dirty Deeds then afterwards the crowd goes wild (for whatever dumb reasons) and he walks off like he's the best superstar in WWE. Not too mention this back and forth with him and The Miz is getting very tiresome and boring. Come on, WWE challenge this guy more and book him in better matches. All in all, I'm assuming there'll be a tag team match or 2 on 3 match between Dean & Seth against The Miz and Miz-tourage. [On a later post, at a later date I'll explain more reasons on why I can't stand Dean Ambrose]
    2. Which brings me to.....Roman Reigns & Samoa Joe in a match for the number 1 contendership of Brock Lesnar's Universal title. I think this will be a good hard fought match, I DO NOT want or think that Braun Strowman should interfere in this match at all because that would be repeating the previous match Roman had with Samoa Joe and I don't want to see it. In addition to that, I'm tired of them battling right now (I need a break then they can continue later like after Summer Slam). I'm a little bit disappointed that Finn Balor did not come out last week and throw his name into the mix especially since that segment awhile back where Paul Heyman said that Brock would be more interested in facing Finn Balor. If he does come out later on Raw, I hope this match turn into a triple threat because it would be great to see and Finn need these type of big matches. Overall, I'm rooting for Roman Reigns to win and fight Brock at Summer Slam (even if it turns into a triple threat or fatal 4-way for the Universal Championship) because we never got a clear victory at WrestleMania 31 (2015) between Brock and Roman. Who ever has the title after Summer Slam should face Braun Strowman, Finn Balor or Samoa Joe in whatever story WWE want to use.
    3. Next, the Kurt Angle controversy which I'm hoping it either just a past or current secret affair between himself and a certain female superstar or perhaps.......uhhhh Stephanie?!?? I mean WWE had Kurt do this kind of infatuation with Stephanie McMahon before and HHH would get so pissed at the both of them for the "innocent" relationship they had. Maybe now, they'll expose it that more happened between the two but then again the show is now semi-PG so I'm going to say this isn't going to happen but I would've hoped it did. I really don't want a complete fake out or some cheap exposure that Kurt is back on drugs but rather an exciting surprise like: Kurt being cleared to wrestle again in WWE soon or maybe he has a child that he never knew about that now works in WWE (or will be soon).
    4. Then, we have The Hardy Boyz drama that now is directed towards The Revival!? I don't know if this will be great or just okay but let's see if we can get a better rivalry story with The Revival for The Hardy Boyz.
    5. Bayley......she is in desperate need to regain her momentum and establish herself as a force to be reckoned with in that ring. I see the potential and in recent weeks, I even see the intensity building so I hope she continues to get better in the ring and never overshadowed or overlooked again. The best bet imo would be that at Summer Slam, Sasha Banks and Alexa Bliss fight in the rematch, Sasha should win and then soon after Bayley goes one on one for Sasha's title. Which can create great action, promos and story that would be easy for the both of these women.
    6. And finally, Big Cass and Big Show.....not really loving it but I will say this can be a back and forth battle of supremacy (the old vet versus the young rookie), if anything the mic work should be nice and direct like it has been building so far. Even though I'm not particular liking this pair up right now, I can see it being turned into a Summer Slam match.
    And that's what I feel about the recent events of Monday Night Raw

• Like Like x 2
  5. time for kurt angle to reveal his biggest darkest secret

6. Time for me...to go to bed soon....I f***ing hate having to have two jobs... .-.

7. Sharmell Booker return tonight

8. fuck they're really hyping it up

9. with his family too

10. His secret better be worth the hype

11. if it's dixie lmao

12. It better be juicy

13. ok am I in the right spot now?:

14. Welcome to the club *Too Sweets*

15. Is dean Ambrose seriously still feuding with the miz? Fuuuck