News Renee Young & Jon Moxley are relationship goals

Wrestling News

The People's Champion
Legend
WWE.com
AEW’s Jon Moxley got himself in a bit of (hopefully playful) hot water the other day when he called wife Renee Young’s tweets about his Lights Out match at Full Gear “overdramatic”.

Lest you get worried there’s any trouble in the Mox/RY household (which would actually be the Good/Paquette household - or Paquette/Good, if you’re actively fighting the patriarchy on all fronts), the former Dean Ambrose cleared the air about post-death match communication with the missus, what she told him before he recorded his tell-all, WWE exit interview with Chris Jericho last May, and more in a new interview with Chris Van Vliet.

“You get married to me, you sign up that you’re gonna be under a fair amount of stress sometimes. Sometimes I’m gonna come home and I just fell down the side of a mountain. Some days I’ll come home and I’ll be bludgeoned with barbed wire. You know, like, this is how I live my life.”
Asked what he texted Young after Full Gear:

“Oh you gotta call immediately after that one. Just to be safe, you know - I don’t need no heat... but my wife does know, I’m not, I’m for sure not trying to get hurt. Ever.”
Later on in the interview, Moxley was asked about how Renee handled his decision to leave WWE, and shoot on his unhappiness there:

“It made no difference whatsoever. She couldn’t have been more... because way before, I’d be like, ‘screw it, I’m just going to Japan. I’m not gonna re-sign.’ She’d be like, ‘Goo, don’t. Whatever you want to do, whatever makes you happy.’ I’d be like ‘Good. Maybe I will.’

I even asked her, before I did the Jericho show. I was like, ‘is there anything you don’t want me to say?’ and she said, ‘no, say whatever you want’. I was like okay, so she didn’t give a fuck - she’s untouchable. She’s completely irreplaceable in her spot. No fear of reprisals.”
She is irreplaceable. And also, based on the way Mox talks about her, a badass life partner.

There’s a lot more in those 30 minutes, including AEW’s creative process being “like a Phish concert... except way better, because I do not enjoy Phish concerts”, being “persona non grata” at WWE now. He’s also asked about staying in touch with his Shield brothers, which is pretty much a no based on how busy they all are - but occasionally texting Roman Reigns is mentioned, while Seth Rollins’ name goes unsaid.

Check it out, and remember to always call your significant other after death matches.

Continue reading...

Reactions: Grievous 3D

or Log in using

Latest Discussions