Ring of Honor has been busy on the transaction wire. They have announced one re-signing a day for the past seven days. The list includes:
- Tracy Williams: Hot Sauce is the top name on the list. Williams is a key cog for the Pure wrestling movement as part of The Foundation faction. He recently advanced to the Pure Championship tournament final, only to fall in defeat to Jonathan Gresham.
- Bandido: The Mexican luchador is the most exciting name on the list. Bandido has breakout power at peak potential. He is someone I would expect to eventually move over to AEW or WWE. Bandido is currently one-third of the trios champs with Flamita and Rey Horus.
- Mark Haskins: The UK-native has been out of action due to coronavirus travel restrictions. Haskins has an ROH World Championship title shot against Rush in his pocket when he is able to return.
- Bateman: The curly mustachioed mate is part of Vincent’s crew. The Righteous is currently involved in a feud with Matt Taven and Mike Bennett.
- Brian Johnson: The Mecca is a disgruntled employee always complaining about lack of respect. He is currently in the loudmouth loser role.
- Amy Rose: As a member of Los Ingobernables, the world is her oyster.
- Sumie Sakai: The Japanese wrestler has been a silent judge to determine winners of time-limit draws in Pure matches. A women’s title tournament was in the plans before the pandemic. If that competition gets the green light again, then Sakai would be one of the favorites to prevail.
Aside from Bandido, these re-signings are not likely flashy enough to change the game. However, they are all solid moves to solidify the depth of the roster and increase the overall quality of TV episodes. Each one can put on solid matches. Williams, Bandido, and Haskins are credible title challengers for the various singles belts.
What’s your take on ROH’s contract moves this week?