News Rumor Roundup: Almas push, Hall of Famer returning, Evolution, more!

Discussion in 'Wrestling News Feed' started by Wrestling News, Sep 11, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. [​IMG]
    Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.

Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
    Rumors for the Day:

• Backstage sources told Fightful that Vince McMahon is very impressed with Andrade “Cien” Almas.
    • Contrary to a report from earlier in the day, Edge says he isn’t booked for SmackDown 1000. Or at least not yet.
    • WWE is hoping to make Evolution an annual event, says Barnburner’s Fired Up podcast.
    • Meanwhile, Dave Meltzer writes in The Wrestling Observer Newsletter that while the Oct. 28 all-women’s PPV is still expected to sell out, “It’s not a hot ticket at all. It’s not a flop; but, it’s definitely weaker than probably any WWE pay-per-view in a long time.”
    • According to PW Insider, WWE is looking at hosting a WrestleMania week event at Manhattan’s Lincoln Center next year.

If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!

Continue reading...

2. as long as Zelina Vega is standing next to him.

But seriously...Styles vs. Almas would be an excellent match to see.

Let Becky & Charlotte have a Last Woman Standing Match, book a Battle Royale with
    the winner getting a title shot no matter what brand they belong to & book Sasha vs. Mickie
    & Bayley vs. Lita.

That might help.

3. Ha! sure.

Cool.

God, kill me now.

Ha!

A week? Kill me again.

4. They probably expected Ronda Rousey to sell out this PPV.. Besides her there's no huge stars on this show.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. So...Charlotte, Becky & all the other women are just "chopped liver" then?

6. I mean, there is Nikki Bella the star of Total Bellas, Total Divas, Youtube Content Creator, Real Estate Agent, Ex of John Cena, and Winemaker, and some more things I am forgetting, lol.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Chopped liver is disgusting. I wouldn't insult them like that, but they're not on the level of people like AJ Styles, Roman Reigns ect.. Ronda is the only major star they have on the show..

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I don't mind it actually...but then I'll
    eat just about any part of an animal.

Fuck Off!

But...if you are using Ronda as a bench mark
    for "stardom" then Styles, the Plank of Wood
    & everyone else on the roster doesn't really
    qualify.

I mean maybe Cena?

Ehh...whatever.

I disagree with your use of the term...but its
    not worth arguing about.

I'm surprised you didn't just say...Nikki Bella...& her own special set of twins!

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Because I am classy af, man.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Yeah...I don't do class...

I'm more of the rabid, drooling pervert type myself.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. She's the benchmark for stardom in the women's division, which is not very high.. I'm using AJ and Roman as examples because they're the biggest stars on their respective brands, RAW & Smackdown.. There's a reason it's not a hot ticket right now because they're banking on Ronda (and Nikki Bella) to sell these tickets.. Her and these low to mediocre stars

12. @The Sheik

I mean I guess I understand what you're saying...
    I don't agree...but I get your point.

13. If you find liver disgusting, then you need to grow up and stop eating your baby palet.

• Funny Funny x 1