News Rumor Roundup: Almas push, Hall of Famer returning, Evolution, more!

Wrestling News

Legend
Legend

Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.

Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:

• Backstage sources told Fightful that Vince McMahon is very impressed with Andrade “Cien” Almas.
  • Contrary to a report from earlier in the day, Edge says he isn’t booked for SmackDown 1000. Or at least not yet.
  • WWE is hoping to make Evolution an annual event, says Barnburner’s Fired Up podcast.
  • Meanwhile, Dave Meltzer writes in The Wrestling Observer Newsletter that while the Oct. 28 all-women’s PPV is still expected to sell out, “It’s not a hot ticket at all. It’s not a flop; but, it’s definitely weaker than probably any WWE pay-per-view in a long time.”
  • According to PW Insider, WWE is looking at hosting a WrestleMania week event at Manhattan’s Lincoln Center next year.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!

Continue reading...

Grievous II

Iron Forged Orgasmatron
Legend
Backstage sources told Fightful that Vince McMahon is very impressed with Andrade “Cien” Almas.
as long as Zelina Vega is standing next to him.

But seriously...Styles vs. Almas would be an excellent match to see.

WWE is hoping to make Evolution an annual event, says Barnburner’s Fired Up podcast.

Meanwhile, Dave Meltzer writes in The Wrestling Observer Newsletter that while the Oct. 28 all-women’s PPV is still expected to sell out, “It’s not a hot ticket at all. It’s not a flop; but, it’s definitely weaker than probably any WWE pay-per-view in a long time.”
Let Becky & Charlotte have a Last Woman Standing Match, book a Battle Royale with
the winner getting a title shot no matter what brand they belong to & book Sasha vs. Mickie
& Bayley vs. Lita.

That might help.

Grievous II

Iron Forged Orgasmatron
Legend
Chopped liver is disgusting.
I don't mind it actually...but then I'll
eat just about any part of an animal.

I wouldn't insult them like that, but they're not on the level of people like AJ Styles, Roman Reigns ect..
Fuck Off!

Ronda is the only major star they have on the show..
But...if you are using Ronda as a bench mark
for "stardom" then Styles, the Plank of Wood
& everyone else on the roster doesn't really
qualify.

I mean maybe Cena?

Ehh...whatever.

I disagree with your use of the term...but its
not worth arguing about.

I mean, there is Nikki Bella the star of Total Bellas, Total Divas, Youtube Content Creator, Real Estate Agent, Ex of John Cena, and Winemaker, and some more things I am forgetting, lol.
I'm surprised you didn't just say...Nikki Bella...& her own special set of twins!

• LOL
Reactions: Seto

The Sheik

The Architect
Hotshot
But...if you are using Ronda as a bench mark
for "stardom" then Styles, the Plank of Wood
& everyone else on the roster doesn't really
qualify.

I mean maybe Cena?

Ehh...whatever.

I disagree with your use of the term...but its
not worth arguing about.
She's the benchmark for stardom in the women's division, which is not very high.. I'm using AJ and Roman as examples because they're the biggest stars on their respective brands, RAW & Smackdown.. There's a reason it's not a hot ticket right now because they're banking on Ronda (and Nikki Bella) to sell these tickets.. Her and these low to mediocre stars