Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Rumors for the Day:Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
- Finn Balor has asked WWE for two months off, says Pro Wrestling Sheet. It’s expected his hiatus will start after SummerSlam, if you’re wondering how a prospective match with Bray Wyatt at that show might go.
- Next week’s Raw reunion show was one of the ideas pitched by USA to get ratings up, per Wrestling Observer Radio.
- Daniel Bryan was originally slated for last night’s #1 contender battle royal, according to The Observer. He was replaced by Sami Zayn because WWE “decided to go in a different direction” with Bryan.
- PW Insider reports WWE officials were very happy with last Saturday’s Evolve 10th Anniversary show, both the event itself and its popularity on the Network.
- On Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said the concussion Britt Baker suffered at Fight for the Fallen was “significant” and “pretty bad”.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.